Green Season Meat withdrawn

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My daughter has bought the Green Seasons hamper for the past few years and always been very pleased with it and had no complaints. I don't eat meat so I cant comment on the quality. However, I would be interested to hear what happens so hopefully someone will keep us updated on here. They only have the beef left apparently and have lived to tell the tale so I would imagine that QVC wont be rushing to refund everyone.

the presenter on qvc is a director for russel hume apparently , its certainly the nice image they portray on qvc where its all locally sourced etc

Official statement from QVC

You may be aware of recent press coverage regarding Russell Hume, a supplier of Green Seasons. Although FSA investigations with Russell Hume are ongoing, QVC is currently working on refunding customers who have purchased Green Seasons’ products within the last six months. Whilst the FSA has stated that “there is no indication that people have become ill from eating meat”, we advise you not to eat any products you still have as our primary concern is always our customers.

So when Q and the guest presenter painted pictures of happy cows in lush green fields and Daisy the cow being nurtured to give QVC customers nothing but the best or Pete the pig etc in his detached personal pig sty being butchered for high class niche meat hampers called Green Seasons, the truth was it was bog standard meat also being sold (probably much cheaper) to pubs, schools, canteens etc. and being processed in obviously not very hygienic conditions.
Naughty naughty and it just makes me disbelieve all of Q`s on screen bollocks even less than I do now.

Official statement from QVC

You may be aware of recent press coverage regarding Russell Hume, a supplier of Green Seasons. Although FSA investigations with Russell Hume are ongoing, QVC is currently working on refunding customers who have purchased Green Seasons’ products within the last six months. Whilst the FSA has stated that “there is no indication that people have become ill from eating meat”, we advise you not to eat any products you still have as our primary concern is always our customers.

They just quoted QVC saying that on TV news too

The thing is:

They are insisting that no one will come to harm eating the meat, it is just they did not keep their paperwork up to date? Not sure if that is true or not.

But: the paperwork is one of the most important trails that need to be followed otherwise you have no idea where or even what the meat is. Horse meat again? How were the animals slaughtered a proper slaughter house or a back shed on a foreign farm. Where the animals pumped with who knows what? All this came in because of mad cow. Look at the outbreaks of food poisoning that killed people in the last few years from meat not stored properly.

Yes, SallyMc just saw it mentioned on the BBC morning news.

Having another think(dangerous I know :) ), but why are QVC refunding back 6 months and not just the Xmas Hampers? This makes me wonder has this been going on for a much longer period and they have only been found out now with an inspection of the food people?

Yes, SallyMc just saw it mentioned on the BBC morning news.

Having another think(dangerous I know :) ), but why are QVC refunding back 6 months and not just the Xmas Hampers? This makes me wonder has this been going on for a much longer period and they have only been found out now with an inspection of the food people?

I agree and I think this backs up Donna255's comments about the importance of paperwork. I suspect that the inspectors have discovered that the paperwork hasn't been completed for those 6 months.

So when Q and the guest presenter painted pictures of happy cows in lush green fields and Daisy the cow being nurtured to give QVC customers nothing but the best or Pete the pig etc in his detached personal pig sty being butchered for high class niche meat hampers called Green Seasons, the truth was it was bog standard meat also being sold (probably much cheaper) to pubs, schools, canteens etc. and being processed in obviously not very hygienic conditions.
Naughty naughty and it just makes me disbelieve all of Q`s on screen bollocks even less than I do now.

This is what really p!$$es me off, I hate blatant lies especially about something so important as food. They've been caught well and truly, yet what's the betting that they will be flogging meat (not a dead horse hopefully) for next Christmas, a completely different supplier and brand name but the same old spiel ?

This is what really p!$$es me off, I hate blatant lies especially about something so important as food. They've been caught well and truly, yet what's the betting that they will be flogging meat (not a dead horse hopefully) for next Christmas, a completely different supplier and brand name but the same old spiel ?

it may be a new supplier in name only though.

qvc must have been making at least 50% profit on those prices by selling it as a high end product that also sells at schools and butlins. still can't believe it

qvc must have been making at least 50% profit on those prices by selling it as a high end product that also sells at schools and butlins. still can't believe it

Smoke and mirrors boffy just like the elusive Yong Kim this was a case of the sweet smelling pedigree cows lazing around lush green fields with "especially bred for QVC" stamped across their arse and slaughtered to the strains of Beethoven`s 5th overture so they depart this Earth feeling happy.
The sad thing is people will still swallow all future spiel and will still insist none of it is Q`s fault and all future meat suppliers will be just as special. None so blind as them who will not see that QVC are nothing but overpriced con merchants.

When the BBC first announced the news on this saga, they showed a previous clip of the director ( who presents on QVC) advertising his meat/ beef supplying Wetherspoons....but they did initially say that it was hygiene standards and all factory units round the country had been closed. Even the footage of them didn't look that great.
Q will have insurance to cover this fiasco, surely, to compensate customers. If this had have occurred in America with QVC can you imagine the lawsuits flying around?!
Hopefully people will order their hampers from their local butcher next time.

My daughter has bought the Green Seasons hamper for the past few years and always been very pleased with it and had no complaints. I don't eat meat so I cant comment on the quality. However, I would be interested to hear what happens so hopefully someone will keep us updated on here. They only have the beef left apparently and have lived to tell the tale so I would imagine that QVC wont be rushing to refund everyone.

News reports are saying any meat should not be eaten and returned for refund.

QVC are telling people to throw it in the bin.

When I lived in Australia, I had a 200 seat restuarant. I would never, ever, ever, under any circumstances buy meat from anywhere other than a fresh supplier that I personally collected from. I understand people are on budgets and buying this way may better suit their circumstances, but sending meat products through the post, by however long it takes to deliver is quite frankly asking for trouble. When I listen to the promises given on air, quite frankly I shudder as it is so unbeleivable!
I wouldn't trust anyones word as to the freshness, or where its been sitting for the last few days prior to being sent out.
Its a real mess that QVC should be responible for to address all these delivery promises and freshness before they put the programmes to air. It is all so avoidable if some simple thought was to be applied. But this is QVC, profit before all else.

IT was to do with labeling as well, could be relabeling old meat as new , trouble is the FSA haven't revealed any usable details

my main "beef" pardon the pun is they sell to the more economical food outlets wetherspoons/butlins and schools et all but when chef Michael is slicing the tiny joints its the finest meat in the land from finest pastures.. does anyone remember the sausages costing £35 upwards with a very mean 60% meat. i really still can't believe it.

but i should know better the pies i had were the most expensive i have ever bought with a 1cm cube of dry chicken and gammon in each pie.

Latest posts

Back