Green Season Meat withdrawn

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Aged past its use by date!

I was updating the cashier in Waitrose this morning. She was saying how convincing she found the Pat Butcher and Chef Michael presentations. I disabused her with a summary of our Forum findings. She was shocked!

People are praising Q for giving them refunds and for them putting out a statement asap but they haven`t done that out of the goodness of their heart. They`ve done it because the minute a person accepts a refund then QVC are absolved of all further responsibility. Case closed as far as they are concerned.
I`m no legal eagle but it would be interesting to know what would happen if someone refused a refund and took the legal route instead, a kind of see you in Court, no win, no fee attitude as it were.

True Boffy, so it is either wrong paperwork or the relabeling of old meat as fresh seems to be the thinking.

The problem is we will not know for sure until the Hygiene people bring a came to court and fine them. Now it could be this year or next.

The fact they(Hygiene) are now telling people to throw the meat out makes me think its something big. Despite QVC still, have the statement that no one is ill from eating.

I have no intention to offend anyone who does eat meat but when I hear of things like this I am so glad I don't! I am an animal lover but would have no problem eating meat and dairy if I knew they had been reared and killed humanely (although I haven't eaten meat for 25 yrs so the thought makes me feel a little queasy).

However, my vegan lifestyle is largely a protest against the food industry and bad farmers. I know there are good ones out there but often we can't be sure where produce comes from and this situation just underlines this.

I would not have bought Green Seasons for obvious reasons and therefore did not watch the shows but occasionally caught a little bit on the end of another show I had recorded and it was being marketed as high class produce!

thats true marketed as a high class product. they never said words like organic or grain fed. and the sausage meat content was a dead giveaway with hindsight a big fat clue to the integrity or lack of

Just seen on BBC news that some of it is to do with sell by dates. Agree with comments about meat content in sausages. I am not a meat eater but hubby will eat meat and has sausages occasionally, he only eats the local butcher's homemade sausages.

i don't have good access to local butchers oddly thats common in london so its usually supermarkets like waitrose, sainsburys and aldi or lidl. you get to know by look and smell if the meat is fit to eat by experience. you can't do that online or on tv

Just been on the BBC news. The business reporter said there had been total confusion about what had happened.

So Tuesday Whetherspoons went to collect meat from Russell Hume factory the gates locked, couldn't find out what was going on. Then the food standards agency stepped in. So it is mislabelling of meat, want to bet old meat relabelled???? So all Russell Hume factories closed. Now Russell Hume is saying they have 50 years of trading without a problem. Still saying no one has become ill from eating any of the meat.

Just been on the BBC news. The business reporter said there had been total confusion about what had happened.

So Tuesday Whetherspoons went to collect meat from Russell Hume factory the gates locked, couldn't find out what was going on. Then the food standards agency stepped in. So it is mislabelling of meat, want to bet old meat relabelled???? So all Russell Hume factories closed. Now Russell Hume is saying they have 50 years of trading without a problem. Still saying no one has become ill from eating any of the meat.

...or 50 years of trading without a problem...coming to light? :mysmilie_11:

First, I am not casting aspersions,
Second, I don't want to frighten anyone.
Third, I'll leave it for you to decide

A few months ago, a close relative of a friend of mine started to feel unwell, he rapidly deteriorated into confusion and was hospitalised. Initially the thoughts were a brain tumour and he was sent to the Royal Free in London. Then he was diagnosed with CJD which causes rapid dementia. The doctors were totally flummoxed as to how he could have caught this, and it appears that one in a million can be diagnosed. Consultants from Scotland flew to see him. Sadly he passed away recently leaving behind a distraught family. He did not work with animals or anywhere near them. He was 50 years old.

In light of recent day's events, its all a bit too coincidental.

Have QVC made any announcements on their shows?

They should be making announcements on the hour between every show telling people not to eat the meat, and to claim a refund.

But I bet they haven't even mentioned it on air.

Have QVC made any announcements on their shows?

They should be making announcements on the hour between every show telling people not to eat the meat, and to claim a refund.

But I bet they haven't even mentioned it on air.

Pigs and flying come to mind.

Is it even on the main website? I think it is just on FB which some, indeed many, people may not visit. I think they should have a link to an announcement on the Home Page. Perhaps some product recall announcements in the press!!!! :mysmilie_19:

QVC could act as fast or as slow as they want because Green Seasons is their own brand, that's why they've changed the name so many times over the years, same company different poop. I just think it's a disgrace they've let this happen, and should reimburse their customers with immediate effect, no ifs or buts. It does prove though that the fact they haven't shows QVC don't give a toss.

I've never understood why people order overpriced food from Qvc.

Well when they've got the "traceable" "red tractor" "farm to fork" "premium" salmonella they at least have 30 days to package up their puke and trots to return to QVC's award winning customer service team (at their own expense). Very reassuring.

you would have thought the amount of food green seasons et all sell to these huge multiples that they would not be so greedy as to want to sell stale meat. unbelievable

Since QVC has been mentioned on the natural news BBC and I imagine ITV and Sky then most people should know.

They will just go through their records and refund. Now bet that goes well, not.

I can't believe that people who have had freezers full of meat which has now become subject to recall ,have had to contact their supplier (QVC) to request refunds ,have had the worry over whether said meat has had any detrimental effects on their health,still lavish THANKS and praise onto their favourite shopping channel.They seem to believe that it is an act of kindness on the part of Q and not the fact that meat unfit for consumption was sold,that caused the initiation of refunds to customers.I bet those same people will buy again if another meat supplier is sourced.

Latest posts

Back