Gtech Multi Mk 2 Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner TSV 09/11/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have the mark1. It looks like the mark 2 just has a bendy extender. Quite honestly it is rubbish it barely picks up a bit of dust of the floor. It certainly doesn't pick up sand out of the car or bits of leaves. It has been bad from the beginning, I don't know why I did not return it considering it is so expensive

Gah! I am SO over my gtech air ram. It was incredible at first, but over time the battery has died, their customer service is diabolical, hate to say it but I gave up. I went back to my bog standard old 'Hoover' vacuum cleaner and boy is it so much better, yes it's heavier and not cordless, but it is so much better in terms of performance and reliability. I'd been swayed by the convenience of light cordless cleaning with gtech, rather than actual efficacy.

I used to rave about gtech at first, but since things have started to go wrong with it it has been nothing but a nightmare, so many people online saying the same.

Gah! I am SO over my gtech air ram. It was incredible at first, but over time the battery has died, their customer service is diabolical, hate to say it but I gave up. I went back to my bog standard old 'Hoover' vacuum cleaner and boy is it so much better, yes it's heavier and not cordless, but it is so much better in terms of performance and reliability. I'd been swayed by the convenience of light cordless cleaning with gtech, rather than actual efficacy.

I used to rave about gtech at first, but since things have started to go wrong with it it has been nothing but a nightmare, so many people online saying the same.

Oh no.....I just bought the K9 as it's light enough for me to move about! i thought everyone on here loved them!

:mysmilie_512:

I bought the Hoover and hand held when they had an offer on direct from from GTech and returned them both, I too found the suction wasn't that good, they were fine about it though just sent someone to collect it and had my money back in my account in three days.

We've had brilliant CS from GTech - they replaced an item even though it was two months out of its guarantee - they couldn't have been more pleasant or helpful.

I love both my Air ram K9 and my multi, and My mum loves hers too. I've had excellent customer service from Gtech.

Not sure how long I've had my K9 but I love it. I live with two long haired cats that play fight all the time leaving blobs of fur all over the house. The K9 is brilliant at picking up the lumps of fluff. Very happy with it.

Not sure how long I've had my K9 but I love it. I live with two long haired cats that play fight all the time leaving blobs of fur all over the house. The K9 is brilliant at picking up the lumps of fluff. Very happy with it.

I have a little Chi, only tiny but she can moult for England! The K9 picks up her short hairs brilliantly......I just hope it lasts!

:mysmilie_59:

I love my Air Ram but HATE the hand held!!

Have to hold the button in for it to work and I just cannot do it with my arthritis.

Waste of money!

Maybe this version has solved that issue?

I love the air ram and the hand held. We also have both in our caravan. We visited our van for the first time in five weeks yesterday and the hand held was wonderful for sucking up the hundreds of flies that had accumulated.

Oh no.....I just bought the K9 as it's light enough for me to move about! i thought everyone on here loved them!

:mysmilie_512:
I have had my original over two years and the K9 since July and love both so don't fret ! The battery on my original ( which I keep upstairs ) is still going strong . I love the fact that the two kids with rooms upstairs will happily vacuum their rooms most days because it is so simple for them. The only thing I will moan slightly about , is that I don't see much difference between the K9 and the original - at least it was the same price however !

ETA I think the hand held is rubbish- much prefer the dyson hand held which is really brilliant.

Last edited:
Not tried either but I had a Gtech battery sweeper which I loved but when the battery died. I thought it was not worth it.

Gtech New Multi Cordless Handheld Vacuum with Power Head & Accessories
Item Number: 804644
QVC Price £173.00
Today's Special Value Price £142.92
P&P: £7.95

A lightweight handheld vacuum cleaner unrestricted by cables or a bulky build, designed to cleverly tackle the jobs that are difficult to undertake with your full size vacuum, including reaching high up, getting under furniture and cleaning your car's interior. Brilliantly powerful and featuring a handy extendable hose concealed within the machine, it means floor-to-ceiling cleaning has never been so easy - thanks, Gtech!

What's new? The upgraded Multi is 10% lighter and 30% more powerful than the previous model, and includes a power-on button so you no longer need to keep your finger on a trigger. It also now features a motorised brush head to ensure it's even more effective at cleaning thoroughly. What's more, the design has been altered, making it easier to remove both the bin and the filter when the time calls.

High-performance handheld - all the attachments from a conventional upright vacuum are now in the palm of your hand, with the extendable hose and crevice tool stowed on-board the machine for your convenience. The new motorised brush head is perfect for stairs and upholstery (say farewell to pet hair); the extension hose ensures reaching high or low isn't an issue, while the on-board crevice tool is perfect for any small gaps.

Extras just for you - three additional attachments are included for QVC shoppers: the flexible crevice tool to help you clean behind radiators and between gaps in kitchen appliances; the soft dusting brush, ideal for delicate items, keyboards and lampshades; and a small upholstery tool too.

Long-lasting battery power - a lightweight yet potent battery means that a four-hour charge will offer up to 20 minutes of vacuuming; more than enough time to clean all those areas a full size vacuum can't.

What’s in the box?

1 x Gtech Multi Mk 2 vacuum - with stiff bristle brush, extendable hose, on-board crevice tool
3 x attachments - flexible crevice tool, small upholstery tool and soft dusting brush; specially included for QVC customers
1 x charger
1 x spare filter
1 x instruction manual

Specifications:

Capacity: 0.4L
Wattage: 140W
Voltage: 22V
Battery (Lithium-ion) powered
Charge time: 4 hours
Run time: up to 20 minutes
Washable filters - spare filter means you can use one while you wash the other
LED battery power indicator
Suitable for carpets and hard-floors (works on pet hair)
Vacuum (h x w x d): 37.2cm x 13.6cm x 25.3cm (14.6" x 5.4" x 10")
Weight: 1.6kg

Behind the brand
Founded in 2001, Gtech's mission is to provide the best loved floor-care and garden products in the world. From their headquarters in Worcestershire, the creative team of designers, engineers and model makers focus on creating uncomplicated products to make your life easier.

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.804644

Well after much consideration (about 2 mins in of the TSV presentation!) I decided to give the new one a go!
(Made OH watch the presentation to assess the techy side of things, whilst I squeaked excitedly about the various pretty attachments! lol)
It has an on/off button apparently & looked like it might at least be useful for cleaning the sofa & stairs!
We will see.......!

:thinking:

I'm with you, kitten! OH wants it for his car, and it might be useful for the stairs, too, so we've ordered one. We shall see. At least this model has an on-off switch, not a button you have to hold. Now I'm expecting a golden hello from QVC who will be rubbing their greedy little mitts together in the hope that my one-off buying frenzy is going to reach previous levels. Sorry, guys - it's not gonna happen.

I have the very first AirRam, and am very pleased with it.

So I am considering the handheld. It does seem to have lots of improvements over the Mk 1.

I usually procrastinate for so long that it sells out.

Unfortunately, can't do any price comparisons, as at the moment it is exclusive to Q.

I'm with you, kitten! OH wants it for his car, and it might be useful for the stairs, too, so we've ordered one. We shall see. At least this model has an on-off switch, not a button you have to hold. Now I'm expecting a golden hello from QVC who will be rubbing their greedy little mitts together in the hope that my one-off buying frenzy is going to reach previous levels. Sorry, guys - it's not gonna happen.

Yeah, same here, I very nearly bought the Shark Duo thingy as well......still considering that one though! lol

:thinking:

Latest posts

Back