Has anyone ordered ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I`ve stayed at home, only place I`ve visited has been the supermarket and I haven`t seen my sons or grandchildren since lockdown began. I stand the customary 2 metres or more from the person in front of me in the supermarket queue and I patiently wait my turn so I`m doing my best to comply with govt advice but I must admit its doing my head in.
Mr V is home far more than usual and is eating me out of house and home. We take turns to walk the dog but other than that we try our best to keep busy.
We`ve had very few mail deliveries and I hardly ever seem to see a postie so I think this area must have problems covering rounds due to sickness and lack of staff. I`ve had one or two orders delivered by courier and to be honest I just open mail or parcels as I usually would. I`m always washing my hands even without covid 19 so little has changed with my hand cleanliness but I haven`t started wearing masks or gloves when I go out and I don`t intend to.

What about the Fwits who drove 70 miles to the beach so the kids could have a change of view.

We are all doing our best and these type of people get away with a telling off. I would make them sit and watch bodies being loaded on to refrigerated lorries in New York or do something else to take them out of their meme bubble.

We can't get hand sanitiser,masks or thermometers around here for love or money. My daughter has just qualified to be a nurse and starts her first job in a Birmingham Hospital in a week. I bought a litre of ABC skinwash that she loves, so have sent her away with that best I could do.

What about the Fwits who drove 70 miles to the beach so the kids could have a change of view.

We are all doing our best and these type of people get away with a telling off. I would make them sit and watch bodies being loaded on to refrigerated lorries in New York or do something else to take them out of their meme bubble.
I'd test the vaccines on them.

I have just come back from M & S. Honestly, very few people taking any notice of keeping their distance. One woman came right up next to me in the bread aisle. She had a mask on and I said 'for god's sake, what part of keeping a distance don't you understand'. She never even blinked, just carried right on. Every time I go out to shop, I always wonder if I have caught the virus, but you have to go out and shop from time to time. I hope a vaccine can be made quickly so we can go back to normal life. I miss it so much.

They had a Scottish doctor on the BBC news this morning he said that people wearing masks this gives them a sense of false security. Yes, because they are wearing a mask they feel safe and more likely not to follow the distance ruling. He also said they only people who should be wearing them are people showing symptoms and they should not be out and about. Washing your hands and keeping your social distance is what will really work

They had a Scottish doctor on the BBC news this morning he said that people wearing masks this gives them a sense of false security. Yes, because they are wearing a mask they feel safe and more likely not to follow the distance ruling. He also said they only people who should be wearing them are people showing symptoms and they should not be out and about. Washing your hands and keeping your social distance is what will really work
I am trying to work out how keeping social distance will work when we all have to breath and anybody unwittingly that has it breaths in and out will be transmitting it left right and centre

I ordered the l'occitane tsv late Monday evening and it arrived yesterday, Hermes emailed me on Thursday to say sadly they could not deliver it until then, obviously I was quite happy as at least it arrived. I managed to get a shopping delivery with Tesco's for today, went on their website last Sunday morning at about 9.40 am and was surprised they had slots available, I dont think i have ever used them before, usually use Sainsburys or Asda. I am not vulnerable but my other half is, so I want to avoid going out as much as possible, I have booked the delivery in my name so as far as they are concerned I am not a vulnerable person. I don't like taking a slot that a more vulnerable person may need but as I dont drive getting heavier shopping is difficult

I have read on forums you are meant to put your parcels in the garage and not open for 72 hours.
What happens if you have no garage do you bring it into your home and just walk past it for 72 hours?

I actually had two letters yesterday! First, since I believe the Thursday before I am waiting on tablets for Delilah posted last Wednesday good job I ordered them extra early. I actually phoned the vet to inquire if they were posted 1st or 2nd class to be told there is no 1st or 2nd post now. They went on to say some meds they posted arrived in 3 days but others 11 days with people.
Dr.Hilary on GMB was asked about receiving parcels but he said the virus could not live on cardboard.

I wear rubber gloves every time I enter a supermarket. And as soon as I exit I throw them in the litter bin, because I'm straight in the car and home. It makes sense as I don't want to bring the bugs home with me,, but I've seen many who wear them just carry on getting into their car, which means they are transferring any germs to the inside of their car and beyond.

Mr L is convinced that soon young people will be allowed out from lockdown and us oldies will be left under house arrest until we either go do lally, become immune or they get it under control possibly with vaccines.

Lord help us if we are dependent on snowflakes to run the world for a few months.

I wear rubber gloves every time I enter a supermarket. And as soon as I exit I throw them in the litter bin, because I'm straight in the car and home. It makes sense as I don't want to bring the bugs home with me,, but I've seen many who wear them just carry on getting into their car, which means they are transferring any germs to the inside of their car and beyond.

On my supermarket dash Thursday there were at least three trolleys in the trolley park with discarded disposable gloves in them!

My best one yet was the middle aged couple who walked up our road earlier this week, they were both wearing gloves & sharing a bag of Maltesers. Yummy - 'The lighter way to enjoy chocolate with just a hint of coronavirus' :sick:

Mr L is convinced that soon young people will be allowed out from lockdown and us oldies will be left under house arrest until we either go do lally, become immune or they get it under control possibly with vaccines.

Lord help us if we are dependent on snowflakes to run the world for a few months.

I think I read that somewhere too. Us oldies will be looking out of the windows as the youngsters go about their lives.

I am not used to Mr A being home all the time. He is working from home, but I feel like I no longer have my own space and it is taking some time to get used to. I can't go out, and I have to be quieter than normal when he is on a conference call, and cannot use the computer during the day and have to rely on my phone. I am sure we will be having some humdinger of rows soon.

When I worked in the NHS, I was asked to create a sign for the staff wash rooms reminding staff to wash their hands !!!! How's that for irony.

Latest posts

Back