Have you read the reviews for the last Butler and Wilson TSV??scathing!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

B

BenFongTorres

Guest Shopper
Glad I just had mine on cheque hold,needless to say i'm no longer interested.

Here's one...........

VERY DISAPPOINTED
"I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING THIS ITEM HOWEVER WHEN I OPENED THE PACKAGE THE FIRST THING I NOTICED WAS HOW CHEAP IT LOOKED ALBEIT GOLD MY BOXES WERE ALL WRINKLED(not something i could have given as a gift) THEN I LOOKED INSIDE JUST NECKLACE AND EARINGS FOLDED IN A PLASTIC BAG!! I FELT QUITE LETDOWN! THEN I TRIED THE NECKLACE AND EARRINGS ON, FIRSTLY THE NECKLACE WAS TOO TIGHT(i do not think i am a large lady being a size 12 so was quite surprised on it not fitting) AND THE FLOWERS DUE TO PACKAGING
WERE DISTORTED,THEN I TRIED THE EARRINGS WELL I HAVE NEVER HAD A PAIR THAT DID WHAT THESE DID INSTEAD OF LOOKING AT A FLOWER IN THE EAR THE WEIGHT JUST WOULD NOT BALANCE ON MY LOBE INSTEAD THEY JUST FELL BACK AND BENT IN TOWARDS MY NECK. i HAD ALSO ORDERED THE BRACELET TO MATCH MY SET BUT UNFORTUNATELY THIS WAS TOO TIGHT FOR MY WRIST!! THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I HAVE ORDERED BUTLER AND WILSON AND BEEN DISAPPOINTED WITH THE QUALITY I WILL NOT BE TRYING IT AGAIN"

Must admit the last B&W item I bought went winging it's way back by return of post! It was a lovely necklace with different colour crystal cats - looked ace on screen but in reality looked like something from a £1 shop. I expected a lot better from a premium brand like theirs with premium price to match.:angry:

Mmmm, it's now showing as out of stock!!! Wonder if someone at QVC has read your post & pulled the item!!??:smirk:

Mine arrived very quickly and I posted on here how disappointed I was with it - I am sending it back. The weight/quality just did not feel like a real piece of B & W. And the length was really very short with not much room for variation. The tag, which is usually a fairly big one, was eenie weenie. I understand that Simon and QVC wanted to bring something that most people could afford, but I didn't really feel it was 'full-on' B & W.

Mine arrived very quickly and I posted on here how disappointed I was with it - I am sending it back. The weight/quality just did not feel like a real piece of B & W. And the length was really very short with not much room for variation. The tag, which is usually a fairly big one, was eenie weenie. I understand that Simon and QVC wanted to bring something that most people could afford, but I didn't really feel it was 'full-on' B & W.

I'm so glad I've read these comments. I haven's opened mine as it was a B'day present for DD. Looks like I'd better let her see it PDQ in case it's got to go back.

Mmmm, it's now showing as out of stock!!! Wonder if someone at QVC has read your post & pulled the item!!??:smirk:

It is showing as in and out of stock as people cancel,cheque holds expire or the many returns come in.
Keep checking back,you will see there are about 18 reviews and this product scores 2.5 out of 5 stars.

I didn't order the TSV but I did buy another necklace that was in the show. A floral necklace that was in either turquoise blue or fuscia pink. I ordered the blue but it's going straight back too. As BFT said, the gold anniversary box was a mess, badly marked and looked like it had been used several times over. The necklace was really too big to lie flat in the box so was twisted into a plastic bag. As a result the necklace is twisted and won't lie flat on the neck. Not the usual B&W standard. Much prefer the pink boxes too.

I didn't order the TSV but I did buy another necklace that was in the show. A floral necklace that was in either turquoise blue or fuscia pink. I ordered the blue but it's going straight back too. As BFT said, the gold anniversary box was a mess, badly marked and looked like it had been used several times over. The necklace was really too big to lie flat in the box so was twisted into a plastic bag. As a result the necklace is twisted and won't lie flat on the neck. Not the usual B&W standard. Much prefer the pink boxes too.

That wasn't my review by the way,that was one I cut and pasted.Yes anyway B+W is definitely more MISS than HIT these days,I have two things from him which are nice and really stood the test of time,(no stones falling out,substantial etc)one is the lips brooch,had this for about 3 years now and another which is a fruity necklace which has strawberries,grapes etc on,kinda kitsch but cool.
One time I ordered one of those gy---normous pieces he does,cost about 80 quid,looked stunning on screen,i'm not exaggerating when I tell you i've seen better constructed pieces in Claires Accessories,this thing was so flimsy I could not believe he had the nerve to sell it!!

As much as Simon talks,I don't believe he has that much to do with a lot of the designs or the quality control,he's too busy focusing on the couture end of his line.I think he probably has a few people who are talented design wise,they do sketches,he sez yay or nay and maybe suggests stones,or colours etc(if he can be bothered).
Bish,bosh,boom...they put in a big order to China and we get stung with a load of sub-standard tat(as opposed to the standard tat,lol)

I understand they sold out and I heard Simon say to a T-caller he would not be brining them again.

That wasn't my review by the way,that was one I cut and pasted.Yes anyway B+W is definitely more MISS than HIT these days,I have two things from him which are nice and really stood the test of time,(no stones falling out,substantial etc)one is the lips brooch,had this for about 3 years now and another which is a fruity necklace which has strawberries,grapes etc on,kinda kitsch but cool.
One time I ordered one of those gy---normous pieces he does,cost about 80 quid,looked stunning on screen,i'm not exaggerating when I tell you i've seen better constructed pieces in Claires Accessories,this thing was so flimsy I could not believe he had the nerve to sell it!!

As much as Simon talks,I don't believe he has that much to do with a lot of the designs or the quality control,he's too busy focusing on the couture end of his line.I think he probably has a few people who are talented design wise,they do sketches,he sez yay or nay and maybe suggests stones,or colours etc(if he can be bothered).Bish,bosh,boom...they put in a big order to China and we get stung with a load of sub-standard tat(as opposed to the standard tat,lol)

Apologies for the misquote! Interesting comments. You certainly get the impression from Simon that he is more 'hands-on', which is why it seemed odd that some of his pieces are so trashy. This sort of quality doesn't do his reputation much good so maybe he should take a bit more interest in all his products, not just the coutour range. I have to say I bought one of his more expensive pieces a couple of years ago (the dancing couple brooch) and it really is beautiful. I'd love to get Pegasus but I don't know if he'll bring that back again.

I'm so glad I've read these comments. I haven's opened mine as it was a B'day present for DD. Looks like I'd better let her see it PDQ in case it's got to go back.

Like you Mam this was a present to my daughter for passing her finals and getting her degree, so it's remained unopened.

I've just taken a look at it and am so disappointed. The earrings were not only crammed into a tiny cellophane bag, but the butterflies are missing and one of the posts is bent :mad:

I didn't actually see the launch of this on TSV day, so was a little surprised at how short it was. Was it ever mentioned at all? Anyway, like others here my one is packed up ready to be shipped back to QVC.

I've come to the conclusion that B&W TSV's are invariably poor quality and should be avoided like the plague. It also seems to me that Simon has a very low opinion of the QVC shopper, to allow this poor quality merchandise to be sold :(

I am always very suspicious of these "designers", particularly when the presenter is quering a colour to the one listed on screen, whether it be jewellery or fashion; and the "designer" hesitates as though not knowing - I always end up screaming at the tv "for heavens sake, you are the designer, you should know the b......y colour ! "

So yes, I am beginning to believe that these "designers" are purely front men/women for a team of backroom boys/girls who are the real inspiration behind the designs. Therefore I think that when Simon W says "you can only get it here on QVC" his team have created something for the masses produced in China, which he would'nt get away with in any of his shops !

When I see B&W stuff on QVC, I think power dressing from the 80's. Stuck in a time wrap and not for today. I do own two of his little fairy brooches from years ago. They are fabulous and I always get compliments on them.

Normally I love my B & W pieces, just not this time. I did order a crystal flower hair grip and am very pleased with that, so hopefully the TSV disappointment was just a blip.

I can't say I'm surprised by these comments - suspected the tsv wouldn't stand up to close scrutiny. He lost credibility with me when he started selling those tacky pvc bags. I suppose QVC demand large volume at a lower price point when it comes to a tsv, so the quality is bound to suffer. Yet he was wittering on about being featured in various editions of Vogue - assume he didn't palm them off with the mass-produced tat! :wait2:

All jewellery is sent in a little plastic bag. I always feel a bit let down when my order comes and I open it to find the item in a tiny plastic bag. You'd think that they would at least put a ring in it's place provided so that when you open it up, it looks good [or bad]. Charlie makes me laugh when he does all that stupid opening of the box when he is showing something, he never gets a rolled up plastic bag fall out like we do!
BTW, I am a big Butler and Wilson fan and have plenty bags, tops and blingy necklaces and I must be the only one who thinks that the latest TSV is beautiful. I'm saving it for a big celebration coming up because I know now nobody else will have it on because they've all been sent back!

I am not a Butler and Wilson fan most of his stuff is too Clarty for me, but I have freinds who do like. I recently went to his Bond street store and have to say i was that impressed by the shop either, much to my freinds horror.

I am not a Butler and Wilson fan most of his stuff is too Clarty for me, but I have freinds who do like. I recently went to his Bond street store and have to say i was that impressed by the shop either, much to my freinds horror.
What does clarty mean? Does it mean Chavvy? I'm too bl***y old to be a chav! [nearly as old as JR....]. I think to love B&W is a cult thing though I wouldn't wear those skulls and daggers he brings....he he he he [unless I was going to Jill Franks for tea]

What does clarty mean? Does it mean Chavvy? I'm too bl***y old to be a chav! [nearly as old as JR....]. I think to love B&W is a cult thing though I wouldn't wear those skulls and daggers he brings....he he he he [unless I was going to Jill Franks for tea]

Hmmm, I have to agree with you there about the skulls and daggers. The designs are from one extreme (cats and dogs) to the other (skulls and daggers). A psychiatrist would have a field day with this !!!!!

I take it the skulls are for the re-cycled biker brigade ? not a good look for push bikes though ! No, some of his items are too girly, too chavvy or too S & M. Cant please everyone I suppose.

Latest posts

Back