Help, how do I remove RCM

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

diamoneek lil

Registered Shopper
Hi

Had this manicure done at the beauty bash. Two days later it chipped . I don't have the remover they use, as don't have the set .

What's the best way to remove it ?

Thanks

gently scratch to top of the varnish - just to break the seal ... then put some acetone on a cotton wool pad and place on your varnish for around 10 mins (you can use foil or even sellotape to keep it on your varnish, then use somethng like a hoof ftsick to gently flake off the varnish - you may have to soak it again for a few more minutes, but it should flake off- you shouldn't have to scratch or scrape .
I've been using Shellac (and more rescently RCm ) for a couple of years and cheap acetone remover works the same as their expensive removers.

Put some aceteone nail varnish remover into a bowl and soak your nails for 10-15 minutes. Then use an orange stick to push any that doesnt soak completely off.

Remember to oil your nails well afterwards to condition them as the acetone is quite drying.

I haven't ever used it myself but seem to remember they soak a pad in remover, sit it on the nail and wrap each finger in tinfoil for about 10 minutes. After that it just flakes off ... apparantly.
I'm not sure what type of remover it is though. Hopefully someone on here will be able to help you with more info ... good luck

So ordinary acetone nail polish will work ? Thanks .

I usually buy non acetone as its gentler .

I thought I'd give it a go at the BB. Loved how it dried instantly almost . It does look a little see through, to two coats of bright red . Was surprised it chipped so soon . I've not been doing anything rough with my hands .

But at least now I can make an informed choice re buying it in the upcoming TSV. Nope from me and no wasted p&p!

Thanks for the advice .

I haven't ever used it myself but seem to remember they soak a pad in remover, sit it on the nail and wrap each finger in tinfoil for about 10 minutes. After that it just flakes off ... apparantly.
I'm not sure what type of remover it is though. Hopefully someone on here will be able to help you with more info ... good luck

Thanks OffMeTrolley now I know why the "celebs" in the Big Brother House were sitting there (arguing) with tin foil wrapped around their finger tips. X

So ordinary acetone nail polish will work ? Thanks .

I usually buy non acetone as its gentler .

I thought I'd give it a go at the BB. Loved how it dried instantly almost . It does look a little see through, to two coats of bright red . Was surprised it chipped so soon . I've not been doing anything rough with my hands .

But at least now I can make an informed choice re buying it in the upcoming TSV. Nope from me and no wasted p&p!

Thanks for the advice .

Yes any acetone remover works. I love my RCM - it is the best thing I have EVER bought from QVC. I am surprised yours chipped so soon. I do find if it is a dark colour three coats is better as it is a denser coverage. And thinner coats last better so three thin coats is better than two thick ones. The colour I have on now is perfect and has been on for 10 days now. I have lasted nearly 3 weeks with a lighter colour as you cannot see the regrowth so much. Dark colours about 10-14 days depending on regrowth.

You can only do the foil wrapped method for removal if you have someone else to wrap your fingers for you, otherwise the first hand comes unwrapped when you are trying to wrap the second hand.

Maybe some Vim, or some coarse sand paper or failing that an electric sander or a plagne

I manage wrapping fingers in foil by just doing one hand at a time and then because I'm a cheapskate I reuse the cotton wool and foil on the other hand. It does double the time though but as I put a latex glove on the hand being done I can make cups of coffee, use the remote and other such essentials

Perhaps amputation's a bit severe at this point. In the first instance, I'd try steel wool and ajax.

Latest posts

Back