House, Villas, in Spain, Portugal, Italy, Cyprus!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

having a place in the sunshine abroad must be lovely, I wish my parents had done that years ago before my dads legs packed up the sun would do him good . there going on a cruise on the 18th of this month , much deserved as well , I hope he manages on the ship with his dicky legs :grin:

I often feel they are showing off with their holiday homes. Somehow I get the feeling Annes Tuscan Splendour and Debbie Greenwoods Portugese Parador could grace the pages of any homes magazine.

Surely its up to the individual what they spend their money on. Whether it be a second home or anything else.

Surely its up to the individual what they spend their money on. Whether it be a second home or anything else.

But of course, was just thinking just how many of them have second homes, thought it a high percentage and was just thinking how nice it must be to work for qvc, seems they must pay them in Euros!!

I just don't like the boasting, would love to see them though. Just think what with them all having these second homes, qvc must be a good place to work indeed!

Tri,
this is a serious question & not meant as a pissy or patronizing one....

I am struggling to understand where your coming from with a lot of your threads recently , you say that the shopping telly presenters make you feel like part of a family , so if you genuinely believe that why do you think there boasting if they say anything about there second homes , surely if you think your part of there extended family you would be happy if one of them said something about there second home ... or an up & coming holiday or maybe a family wedding

Its almost like your contradicting yourself in doing so , the other thing I have noticed is you give guests & presenters your not keen on '' nicknames '' ie Chloe '' Alice cooper '' .. Keeley '' madam'' ... I interpret that as you trying to detach yourself from them by using the nickname rather than there real names in the hope that they wont realize that your referring to them , is that why you do it ?

Most presenters have other incomes. Personally what they spend their income on is none of our business.
As AD's in laws are Italian I would imagine that has some bearing on any connection she may have with Tuscany. Likewise we know nothing of others personal circumstances.
Perhaps if we all stopped spending with Q we would be a lot richer too. lol the green eyed monster doing overtime Me thinks?

Presenting for QVC may pay well - so that they can afford nice holidays and 2nd homes overseas or wherever. But their salaries/ jobs depend on them generating sales for products with high P& P charges (if the P&P is too much for you - buy elsewhere...)

I say good luvk to them, it's a personal thing as to how you spend your own money. A work colleague once moaned that I had 2 foreign holidays a year & she had none. I pointed out she smoked, went to the pub twice a week, had takeaways 2 nights and ate out once a week, she admitted she hadn't thought about that.
My husband and I own a house in Cyprus that we worked very hard to buy (7 days a week sometimes) and now reap the benefit of.
I would think that Keeley has family connections with North Cyprus and the other presenters are entitled to have a seconds home, their money, their choice!

Castles in Spain?

I always assumed, rightly or wrongly, that p&p costs go towards Royal Mail / Couriers and the wages of the staff in the QVC warehouse.

If some presenters have homes in nice locations abroad, then that's their business and good luck to them, I say. I'm really not bothered. :happy:

A lot of QVC presenters work on a contract basis and QVC will not be the only work that they do. I have to say that I find it really depressing that there can be a tendency to be mean and envious about people who work hard and are successful. I know that there are also lots of people that work really hard but who don't make a lot of money. However, I'd rather be damning of people who make money through dishonesty and violence, than those who work hard and are successful. Often successful people have taken risks and made sacrifices that many others wouldn't be comfortable with, and those risks and sacrifices don't always pay off.

Good luck to all those fortunate enough to have enjoyed success, shrouds don't have pockets, enjoy life while you can!

As soon as I saw this title I just knew who had started this thread.

Tristar - why are you so envious of the presenters? Why keep watching if it is all sooo annoying to you?

The presenters are professionasl, otherwise QVC would not keep them employed... how they spend their money is entirely up to them.

I've got a second holiday home. Sadly it's not anywhere warm. It gets downn to -25c in winter, but is great in Summer! I think those presenters earn a good quid. I would love to see a QVC "Cribs" or "Through The Keyhole". I wonder if it would be surprising. I remember seeing Tova's home and it wasn't really what I'd imagined at all.

Nearly everyone who posts here has mentioned an item purchased (whether from QVC or elsewhere). I never feel anyone is boasting even if they buy something I covet or clearly have more disposable income than me. If anything I like to read happy posts, excited with their new purchase, in a kind of vicarious thing.

Much as you like the Q presenters you like, Tristar, they're never going to invite you to their holiday pad. I think a degree of separation from QVC would maybe help you reduce the polarity of your feelings about their sales assistants. (this isn't me telling you not to post here btw)

Stay positive

Jude xx

Oh for God's sake why is it anybody's business what people earn, what hours they work, how they choose to spend their hard EARNED money and whether they return to work after maternity leave?

I know capital letters are rude but I intended to be rude.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

So long as they are happy, and Im not being flippant. Iv had a day facing up to fact I can no longer cope with looking after mam by myself. Its been the worst of days and I guess my posts here reflect that. Hope they think of us dear viewers when they are watching that sun set, we payed their air fares!!!

No we did not. We purchased products - Q paid them their remuneration - they spent it as they are entitled to.

please for the love of God change the record

Tri hope you find some support looking after your mum. But the presenters are just earning a living like a lot of us are so their choice to spend their cash on homes in the sun is no different really from us choosing to buy what probably in many cases are unecessary luxuries from QVC or wherever... Can't say when I spend money on frivolous things I think much about those 'customers' (i.e. students and the Govt in my case) who are paying my salary...

Latest posts

Back