How long to scan a return?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I returned something about a week ago, then tracked it all the way until it was deliverd to QVC at about 2am. That was 3 days ago, and my account doesn't even show it as returned yet.

I know they are very slow at processing refunds, but I thought they would scan the barcode on arrival so the refund process would then begin, but I assumed it would show as RETURNED as soon as they scanned it in on arrival.

I returned something about a week ago, then tracked it all the way until it was deliverd to QVC at about 2am. That was 3 days ago, and my account doesn't even show it as returned yet.

I know they are very slow at processing refunds, but I thought they would scan the barcode on arrival so the refund process would then begin, but I assumed it would show as RETURNED as soon as they scanned it in on arrival.
Probably never worked for Lidl or Aldi on the tills.🤣🤣

100 years is normally the scan time for QVC 🕰️ don’t worry 😉

I once returned a more expensive item to be signed for.It cost so much I thought it should have its own carrier.It was logged into QVC warehouse first thing the morning after I had sent it, even with the signature on the tracking system.It took 2 weeks to acknowledge receipt, even after many phone calls.

Any scanning news has the item finally been scanned?
It was scanned in yesterday as a "partial return" which is correct.

I'd bought 2 twin packs of strip lights, they were not as described, but decided that 1 pack would be OK to use, but sent the other pack back as they would not be suitable for where I wanted them, because they did not match the spec QVC gave.

I put up a review on QVC explaining about this, but as the item sold out, the review was never published.

EDIT I've just found my review as I knew the item number - - -

When I opened them, I was impresed with their quality and appearance, and after charging them they worked well in all modes

EXCEPT:

(1) instead of lasting 6 to 8 hours they were too dim to be of any use after only about 1 hour.

(2) We were told they would stay on continouusly if we moved around, but they switched off avery 20 seconds then caame back on after a fraction of a second, which was very annoying.

(3) They took far longer to charge than advertised.

(4) The magnets were not really strong enough to mount them securely.

So I am having to return them, which is a pity, as they would have been ideal if they matched the decription we were told.

BTW there are lots of other reviews saying a similar thing.

Last edited:

I'd bought 2 twin packs of strip lights, they were not as described, but decided that 1 pack would be OK to use, but sent the other pack back as they would not be suitable for where I wanted them, because they did not match the spec QVC gave.

I put up a review on QVC explaining about this, but as the item sold out, the review was never published.

When I opened them, I was impresed with their quality and appearance, and after charging them they worked well in all modes

EXCEPT:

(1) instead of lasting 6 to 8 hours they were too dim to be of any use after only about 1 hour.

(2) We were told they would stay on continouusly if we moved around, but they switched off avery 20 seconds then caame back on after a fraction of a second, which was very annoying.

So I am having to return them, which is a pity, as they would have been ideal if they matched the decription we were told.

I forgot to put the item link in the above post - - - -

I'm having a similar issue with a return, it's the first time I have used Evri to return an item, I'm sure Royal Mail 'signed for' is much faster. Evri tracking states check with retailer. The reason I used Evri was because I also had an item to return to Zara which was refunded into my account a few days ago, but the return to QVC hasn't even been acknowledged on my account.

I hate returning items to QVC its such a challenge. I really dont buy anything to just try out under thier MBG which is a con as if you return items they complain and want to close your account and even charge you for usage under thier MBG.

I hate returning items to QVC its such a challenge. I really dont buy anything to just try out under thier MBG which is a con as if you return items they complain and want to close your account and even charge you for usage under thier MBG.
I've returned many items I'm ashamed to say, I have tried various foundations, some of which have been great but a lot haven't so i have sent them back. I used Royal Mail until recently but now I use Evri lockers and have never had a problem. Refunds vary from a couple of days to a week so I don't really have any complaints. One return was never acknowledged but they asked for the proof of posting and refunded it straight away. Guess I've just been lucky, and I've never had any complaints about returns or deductions for useage.

In contrast, I ordered something from the Yours website (a nice swing top in cotton jersey £17.99).It was too big.

They have a shop locally so I returned it. Before I got home I’d received their email confirmation of receipt and within 24 hours the money was back on my credit card.

EXCEPT:

Glad you are getting a refund even if it is arriving by camel 🐪 train through the desert.
On a similar not I do use Amazon quite often and any return items I send back through Royal Mail,they are scanned at the counter and normally within 30 minutes the refund has been issued and credited back to my card,also a couple of items I wished to return they told me to keep them,and issued a instant refund.
That’s how you do it,I know Amazon are not everyone’s cup of tea,but I can’t fault them for rapid refund response.

Amazon is my “go to” retailer. Refunds are instant and their customer services are very good. Also, nothing that I’ve ordered has ever gone missing and has always arrived within the designated time. I have often seen something on QVC and then bought it more cheaply from Amazon. It pays to shop around.

Stratobuddy, there is an online company called Must Have Ideas which sells useful homeware and cleaning products. They sell a Bright Bar which seems to be be similar item. They are a small British company, customer service is excellent and they deliver by Royal Mail.

I've bought a few things from them but I've not bought this light. They often do money off deals and have a 'no quibble' returns policy, although I've never had to return anything so can't give my personal experience.

Stratobuddy, there is an online company called Must Have Ideas which sells useful homeware and cleaning products. They sell a Bright Bar which seems to be be similar item. They are a small British company, customer service is excellent and they deliver by Royal Mail.

I've bought a few things from them but I've not bought this light. They often do money off deals and have a 'no quibble' returns policy, although I've never had to return anything so can't give my personal experience.
I'm browsing the site now.

The USP of the QVC lamps was their "daylight mode" so the sensor would work in daylight, so it had 4 modes (always off, always on, sensor after dark and sensor whatever the external ight was, so day and night).

If they'd matched the QVC blurb (lies???) they would have been ideal.

Latest posts

Back