I am confused

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Debbie Flint has been lucky again. She had her first vaccine mid February and she is have her second next week. All we can do is wait and trust in the system.

And she hasn’t even had to wait for the full twelve weeks either like the great unwashed, oh to be Fibby “take anything you can get your hands on” Flint

Is she in an essential job?

She wouldn’t let anything as simple as that stop her, she volunteered at the vaccination station knowing she’d get her jab, no flies on Flinty.

You may get a text inviting you to book your second jab, even if your GP organised your first jab. If you don't have a smart phone you can still do it, just type in the full link in a browser. The last part is unique to you.
If you don't want to do the booking via the link, your GP will contact you in due course.
Only reason I know that you can be invited via text for a second jab without having used the same means before is I did a friend's second booking.

All the jab centres must have been told to focus on jab #2 due to supply uncertainty at present.

Even if Debbie did have ulterior motives in volunteering, she volunteered, and we wouldn't be as far ahead as we are without such volunteers. I am grateful for everyone who has volunteered.

I'm frontline staff and have had my 2nd vaccine this week. One of my colleagues has been working in our mass vaccination centre at our hospital she has been coordinating the volunteers. She said some, not all who signed up to volunteer only did so to get the vaccine early, once they received the 1st dose they haven't volunteered since, but they are quick enough to phone up chasing for their 2nd dose. She said on the whole the volunteers have done a fantastic job and the NHS couldn't have done this without them so credit where credit is due. But she knew the ones who were there only for the vaccine. My colleague said that during the week one of these 'former' volunteers phoned to chase for her 2nd vaccine, she called my colleague every name under the sun because they couldn't book her in for a week!

I was wondering if you had any luck booking your second vaccine. We still can’t book ours and we had our first one at the end of January. More concerning the website and 119 only books AstraZeneca and a family member can’t use that system to book because their first vaccine was the Pfizer one. They have been told to wait to be called.
We had a phone call Wednesday 31st March at about 1pm and we had our second jab that afternoon.
They did confirm that our first was the Pfizer jab and would be having the same.
Good luck .

I'm frontline staff and have had my 2nd vaccine this week. One of my colleagues has been working in our mass vaccination centre at our hospital she has been coordinating the volunteers. She said some, not all who signed up to volunteer only did so to get the vaccine early, once they received the 1st dose they haven't volunteered since, but they are quick enough to phone up chasing for their 2nd dose. She said on the whole the volunteers have done a fantastic job and the NHS couldn't have done this without them so credit where credit is due. But she knew the ones who were there only for the vaccine. My colleague said that during the week one of these 'former' volunteers phoned to chase for her 2nd vaccine, she called my colleague every name under the sun because they couldn't book her in for a week!
😒

It was 9 weeks less a day between our jabs.

I agree with you and I am certain that very, very few would have volunteered with selfish motives. A big thank you to all volunteers who have given their time in this selfless way.
Absolutely, I think the British do volunteering above & beyond. Most of those at the vaccine centre we went to were young; they were a delight & got the balance between friendly chat & brisk efficiency just right.

I was wondering if you had any luck booking your second vaccine. We still can’t book ours and we had our first one at the end of January. More concerning the website and 119 only books AstraZeneca and a family member can’t use that system to book because their first vaccine was the Pfizer one. They have been told to wait to be called.
Mr Twirl had his first Pfizer jab 23rd January and had a text on Wednesday inviting him for the second one. There were no appointments at the time so we checked back Thursday morning and he is booked in for next Friday. Daughter is a key worker and had her first jab 25th January, hospital phoned her Thursday morning and she had her second one that evening. Hope this puts your mind at rest.

Absolutely, I think the British do volunteering above & beyond. Most of those at the vaccine centre we went to were young; they were a delight & got the balance between friendly chat & brisk efficiency just right.
The RVS seems to have had a lot of their volunteers working at centres near me. I thought their attitudes were brilliant, a real credit to the younger generation.

As I said previously, I’m a volunteer and had my second jab on Wednesday.
I sadly think your colleague may be right as there are over 200 volunteers but there’s only about 30 who turn up. Those of us who do though thoroughly enjoy ourselves and love meeting the patients who are so happy to be there.
Debbie volunteers regularly so she’s not just there for the jab.

As I said previously, I’m a volunteer and had my second jab on Wednesday.
I sadly think your colleague may be right as there are over 200 volunteers but there’s only about 30 who turn up. Those of us who do though thoroughly enjoy ourselves and love meeting the patients who are so happy to be there.
Debbie volunteers regularly so she’s not just there for the jab.
It is lovely to hear that you are thoroughly enjoying your volunteering role, our NHS is nothing without our volunteers who give their time so freely.
Keep up the great work x

I wonder why she does her own when her current partner is a "celebrity" hairdresser??
Did you ever see the videos on TV, possibly Channel 4, of him going up to people in the street, asking if they wanted a hair cut & when there was a 'Yes' it would be filmed?

Latest posts

Back