Ideal World For Sale

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It’s been off air for most of the day, so I guess they’re still looking for a buyer.

I’ve ordered quite a few things from IW over the years and have never had cause to return anything. I never phoned in an order but always ordered online. Thankfully I ordered something last week and it was delivered safely today and it’s another keeper.

I know a lot of people aren’t/weren’t fans of the channel but they did have some good deals on products and I always shopped around to compare prices before ordering anything. They also replied to emails very quickly, usually within a day, which is a lot better than QVC.

I’m just sorry for all the presenters who may now lose their jobs if a buyer isn’t found.

I’ve ordered quite a few things from IW over the years and have never had cause to return anything. I never phoned in an order but always ordered online. Thankfully I ordered something last week and it was delivered safely today and it’s another keeper.

I know a lot of people aren’t/weren’t fans of the channel but they did have some good deals on products and I always shopped around to compare prices before ordering anything. They also replied to emails very quickly, usually within a day, which is a lot better than QVC.

I’m just sorry for all the presenters who may now lose their jobs if a buyer isn’t found.
Completely agree with you @Toril

I am far from sorry for any presenter who knowingly encouraged people to buy from a failing business. I will save my pity for those who bought goods in the last few days of trading who now has to try and get their money back.

Hopefully Qvc won’t employ any of those failed bid Tv presenters again. How must they feel working on another failed channe? Must say something about them. No more Sally or Jess for now. Great news.

I just hope they were being spun a line and told the orders would be honoured. Any other situation and you would wonder at the very least about their moral compass, let alone their legal one. With four or five of them, similar has happened previously and you wonder how they could possibly feel that anything different was going to happen this time around. It’s the minimum wage people in the call centres. I feel sorry for. Those freeloa.. ancers ex-Bid presenters will find work again in ‘entertainment’. By the flippant attitude of one or two towards the end, I doubt they will end up on the streets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can’t see QVC taking any of the presenters, but Create and Craft have recently had 2 presenters leave, and with there studios only about 20 miles from the IW Studios.

Dean Wilson and Joe Remblance already do shifts over there

Anybody awaiting garden products, maybe contact you garden as that is the nursery IW use

I used to watch IW quite a lot and have bought a fair amount of stuff from them over the years, but stopped watching when their channel turned into a gent's watch shop. When doing online searches I used to check out their website but fairly recently I found it was a confused mess - An online version of a jumble sale so I gave up on them completely. The last purchase I made from them was a pair of T-shirts, the quality was shocking so I returned them. I received that sneaky "savers club" phone call before I'd even received the goods (which took over a week if remember rightly). I vowed never to use them again, and I haven't. I hate to see another one bite the dust, but tv home shopping is definitely on its way out and has been for a long time. Pile it high sell it cheap doesn't seem to work, QVC seem to be doing the opposite, and I really don't know how they're getting away with it.
Even though I won't miss them, I do think it's a pity!

Can’t see QVC taking any of the presenters, but Create and Craft have recently had 2 presenters leave, and with there studios only about 20 miles from the IW Studios.

Dean Wilson and Joe Remblance already do shifts over there
C&C was sold a few months ago so that channel has nothing to do with IW
Hopefully Qvc won’t employ any of those failed bid Tv presenters again. How must they feel working on another failed channe? Must say something about them. No more Sally or Jess for now. Great news.
excatly my thoughts the ex bid presenters ect are the worse & shouldnt be allowed on tv again
I just hope they were being spun a line and told the orders would be honoured. Any other situation and you would wonder at the very least about their moral compass, let alone their legal one. With four or five of them, similar has happened previously and you wonder how they could possibly feel that anything different was going to happen this time around. It’s the minimum wage people in the call centres. I feel sorry for. Those freeloa.. ancers ex-Bid presenters will find work again in ‘entertainment’. By the flippant attitude of one or two towards the end, I doubt they will end up on the streets.
i echo this i feel for most of the others & the customers but deffo not the bid presenters

Laughing at us, literally. Simon and PV milking the last pennies flogging that rattan (or pretending to). You saw both smirking (as has been mentioned elsewhere) when some remark along the lines of the producer becoming competent in a couple of months. But at the same time encouraging people without huge resources to buy the wretched sofa set that wasn’t even up to be sold given the circumstances. And even it it was…leaving them with no come back for any subsequent problems with it. Scumbags is a strong term but based on the aforementioned it deserves to be used.

Laughing at us, literally. Simon and PV milking the last pennies flogging that rattan (or pretending to). You saw both smirking (as has been mentioned elsewhere) when some remark along the lines of the producer becoming competent in a couple of months. But at the same time encouraging people without huge resources to buy the wretched sofa set that wasn’t even up to be sold given the circumstances. And even it it was…leaving them with no come back for any subsequent problems with it. Scumbags is a strong term but based on the aforementioned it deserves to be used.
Anybody who bought stuff at weekend are they likely to see the goods

I doubt it. And if they do there currently seems no way of instigating a return, progressing any quality issues, or presumably to enforce a warranty claim. Those presenters who stayed to the end have rattan on their hands in my view.

I doubt it. And if they do there currently seems no way of instigating a return, progressing any quality issues, or presumably to enforce a warranty claim. Those presenters who stayed to the end have rattan on their hands in my view.
It was a Linea branded set, which is a Frasers Group brand. If the stock was never held by Ideal World (and it was effectively drop shipping), then the items will arrive with customers who have ordered.

Let's not forget that the company isn't in administration. The financial obligations are currently being upheld, so any orders that were processed should still go out.

It’s a mess whatever you look at it - whatever their current position. How did they get themselves is such a state where they can’t broadcast and people can’t buy? Also, by implication, those rattan sets appeared to be being sold by Ideal World themselves. You would naturally think your contract was with them.

Latest posts

Back