Ideal World For Sale

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I hope the non-presenting staff get alternative income as quickly as the above.

That’s the unfairness. The fancy-dan presenters breeze in and out and get work straight away. The grafters unseen get nothing unless they want to flip burgers for minimum wage.

Didn’t mean the comment to be nasty Just kind of realistic
I think they may do better than McDonald's as in many places it's still more of a jobseeker's market than an employer's... I don't know Peterborough to jnow if that's the case there, but I hope so.
For the presenters and guests: all the other selly telly channels will take a look at the 'talent' as being able to talk a load of hard sell twaddle with a talkback constantly in your ear is not an easy skill to come by.
I can see some getting picked up as brand ambassador types... and some channels (like QVC) have a fair number of presenters who are ageing out and will inevitably be cutting their available time for work.
I can see some of the guests getting gigs elsewhere and being quite successful. Beefi Keefi does very well with Vionics on Q, and Steve McDonald with the Dyson vacuum cleaners and fans.
Of course many could just go back to demonstrating products at Ideal Home and some department stores.

I just tuned in to Freeview 22 which is now TJC, which I thought stood for the The Jewellery Channel (never watched it before).

They seem to be selling Health Supplements!!!

Worst product demonstrators? That's the demonstrator, not the product. The ex-glamour model being presented as a 'cleaning expert'. She spent a significant amount of time. badmouthing tumble dryers to the extent of saying they destroyed clothing put in them. The ASA reprimanded the channel subsequently for this debacle. But as it was less than 12 months ago, I would suspect the channel was too far gone by then to do anything about rectifying the situation properly. It was clearly in freefall and anything said, went.

On Ideal World's website: (apologies if it's already been posted)

Please note that Michael Lennon and James Saunders of Kroll Advisory Ltd. were appointed Joint Administrators of Ideal World Ltd on 5th July 2023.
All queries should be directed to [email protected] where it will be dealt with as soon as possible.

Latest posts

Back