I'm In A Small

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

grannygarden

Registered Shopper
Yes you may well be Julia, but perhaps if you got a size which actually fits you, you would look a whole lot better.

Talking of wearing a size small, did anyone see the Ronni Nicole show last night in which a well-endowed model had been poured into a beige dress. It clung to every contour including her inner thighs (not quite as far as the camel toe), she obviously had black thing knickers on underneath. The whole thing was a disgrace. Poor girl and poor Ouida the brand guest. The 'stylist' should be fired.

Are you thinking of the denim jacket grannygarden? It didn't even meet edge to edge never mind button up. Do you think maybe she does it for our benefit to keep us shoppingtelly forumites commenting on her? :mysmilie_17:

I think those jackets are supposed to be worn like that.

I just knew who this was about the minute I saw the title.

Who is the guest on the ABRenne show?

Are you thinking of the denim jacket grannygarden? It didn't even meet edge to edge never mind button up. Do you think maybe she does it for our benefit to keep us shoppingtelly forumites commenting on her? :mysmilie_17:

Yes she was wearing a small in both the jacket and the dress. The model could do her jacket up but I'd bet money that Julia couldn't. The dress clung to most of her "small" frame too, especially round the middle. I'd much rather go for a size bigger but she did say she prefers her clothes to be fitted and not loose so if she thinks that's a good look, fair play to her.

I've been saying for years just because it stretches doesn't mean you have to stretch it to wear it, if they wore the size they were meant to it would not only look better but maybe (and this is a huge maybe) more people would be encouraged to buy it

How can she be a small with knockers that size? You'd never fit them in a small, there's no shame in it so I don't know why she keeps saying it.

If she's a size small, then I'm the Queen. It actually makes her look fatter, IMO. I saw her a while back and she'd poured herself into a dress, but couldn't move her arms. I'm longing for the day she forgets, moves quickly, and something splits right down.:mysmilie_15:

I've been saying for years just because it stretches doesn't mean you have to stretch it to wear it, if they wore the size they were meant to it would not only look better but maybe (and this is a huge maybe) more people would be encouraged to buy it

[mum writes]

This brings in some points from other threads, but all relate to JR.

Why does she have to flair her arms around to command everyone's attention before she says or does anything on air?

It bugs me no end when she keeps on about how she has "such diddy feet." She's a size 4, which is the lower end of average in the UK, so nothing special. She did it on the Lunchtime show with the Clarks.

And then on the fashion show, she said about how it's so nice to be around smaller people as everyone is so tall. She's not that small, so, again, not sure why she keeps on like this. Perhaps she has a fairground mirror at home that shows her a different version to the one we see. Her ego is certainly XXXXL at least. It's a shame as she could easily be QVC's best presenter.

Yes she was wearing a small in both the jacket and the dress. The model could do her jacket up but I'd bet money that Julia couldn't. The dress clung to most of her "small" frame too, especially round the middle. I'd much rather go for a size bigger but she did say she prefers her clothes to be fitted and not loose so if she thinks that's a good look, fair play to her.

She may like fitted clothes but there is a difference between fitted and too small.

Exactly right. Something fitted and well-made can look fantastic, so smart, but when the garment is plainly straining at the seams it becomes a strait-jacket. I can only think there's nobody at Q who gives her an honest opinion of how she looks - they would be doing her a favour if they did, as I'm sure that in the right size clothes she'd look good. I cannot for the life of me see the point of people claiming to be a size smaller than they are and shoe-horning themselves into something that quite plainly doesn't fit - who does she think she's kidding with this "I'm a small, I'm a small" crap? I'm not Kate Moss and never will be, so why pretend?
She may like fitted clothes but there is a difference between fitted and too small.

[mum writes]

Why does she have to flair her arms around to command everyone's attention before she says or does anything on air?

It bugs me no end when she keeps on about how she has "such diddy feet." She's a size 4, which is the lower end of average in the UK, so nothing special. She did it on the Lunchtime show with the Clarks.

And then on the fashion show, she said about how it's so nice to be around smaller people as everyone is so tall. She's not that small, so, again, not sure why she keeps on like this. Perhaps she has a fairground mirror at home that shows her a different version to the one we see. Her ego is certainly XXXXL at least. It's a shame as she could easily be QVC's best presenter.

Agree that shoe size means nothing. I have a friend who is 6ft, size 12 and takes a 2 in shoes. Another is 5ft 4, size 12/14 and takes a 3 and. I am 5 nothing size 14 (good day 16 bad day) and take a 4.5./5

QUOTE=shopperholic;856477]How can she be a small with knockers that size? You'd never fit them in a small, there's no shame in it so I don't know why she keeps saying it.[/QUOTE]

:mysmilie_19:

That word is hilarious lol ( yes I know I'm juvenile lol )

QUOTE=shopperholic;856477]How can she be a small with knockers that size? You'd never fit them in a small, there's no shame in it so I don't know why she keeps saying it.

:mysmilie_19:

That word is hilarious lol ( yes I know I'm juvenile lol )[/QUOTE]

Me too. :mysmilie_15:

Agree that shoe size means nothing. I have a friend who is 6ft, size 12 and takes a 2 in shoes. Another is 5ft 4, size 12/14 and takes a 3 and. I am 5 nothing size 14 (good day 16 bad day) and take a 4.5./5

Yup - I'm 5'8 and a size 7 shoe. My gran was 5'4 and a size 8 shoe.

All the presenters are attention-seeking, hence they prefer to start every sentence with "I". Julia's in a size small, has little feet, is short. Debbie has a wide wrist and hobbit feet. Catherine Huntley has short legs and terrible eyesight and terrible memory etc. Jill Franks "you know me, I..." All really are saying "look at me", "look at me". They all do it - not just the ones I've singled out.

[mum writes]

I understand dancing stunts the growth of feet and she was/is a dancer. If she is on steroids they play havoc with weight gain and I do feel for her but some outfits she wears do nothing for her new figure. It is time to embrace her changed shape and do it justice.

Our wardrobes have clothes in sizes we have had to pay good money for and if we have weight problems through illness & medication or just plain overeating we either have to fork out for a different size or make do with what we have and try to camouflage as best we can.

However JR has access to every single clothing item on Q FREE (when worn in air) so why the heck she doesn't wear the correct size is beyond me.

Our wardrobes have clothes in sizes we have had to pay good money for and if we have weight problems through illness & medication or just plain overeating we either have to fork out for a different size or make do with what we have and try to camouflage as best we can.

However JR has access to every single clothing item on Q FREE (when worn in air) so why the heck she doesn't wear the correct size is beyond me.

The stuff they bring down for the models to wear is generally small/10. The display stuff all appears to be medium/12. When they do get in a size for the plus size model it seems to be XL (so if they are a mean XL and the model is a generous size 16 looking terrible is guaranteed). Shoes normally size 7 - which is why you sometimes see models whose feet are overhanging in sandals, or shoes looking huge because the model has smaller feet. This isn't something specific to QVC but is fairly standard in modelling. So Julia would have a choice of small or medium, when in some ranges these days she really could do with wearing a large size.

Even if she is trying to lose weight, it does get harder as you get older, and the older you get the more your body likes to add weight around the middle. And if she's also taking steroids to counteract the chemo (possibly less likely on the kind of chemo she's having) it gives you a bigger appetite, as well as making you lay down your food as extra weight (double whammy).

Latest posts

Back