Incredible amazing beautiful

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Every other word was I, A, B - for the Peony tsv, - after 10 minutes of listening to this drivel by the flaaaaaaars woman, YES YES YES YES I SWITCHED THE OFF BUTTON - for the benefit of those who constantly remind us that there is one !!!!!

Most silk/faux flaaaaars are made to a high standard today, and Dunelm had some great bunches in their sale after Christmas at £1.79 per bouquet !!!!!!!!

Are they really worth the money? I saw some gorgeous silk flowers when I was out shopping yesterday at a fraction of the price.

I saw some gorgeous silk flowers when I was out shopping yesterday at a fraction of the price.
Where please? I'd love some. I've checked M&S as they used to do nice ones but not any more.

Last edited:
I bought a tall green glass vase with two cream chrysanthemums and spikey green foliage (faux flowers) from M&S for £12 in the sale and they are lovely. There is no way I would pay the price of those Peony flowers. I also have had silk flowers from Dunhelm and they are much more reasonably priced.

The prices are bonkers. Over £100 for some of the arrangements. That and the silly woman made me switch off too (how annoying is she???). As others have said, Dunelm do some nice flowers for a fraction of the cost.

I stupidly bought a BCC faux flowers arragement from Peony as I was persuaded by the positive five star reviews on some of the other designs and a donation went to a good cause. However....they took forever to arrive and when they eventually did, I thought they looked terrible, cheap and tacky but I didn't send them back as I would have felt bad about BCC not getting their donation. I really much prefer real flowers although they don't last. Faux flowers always remind me of the story of the 'Emperor and the Nightingale' no matter how good imitations are they can never compare to the original.

I have got some of the smaller arrangements from Peony and they're quite nice. However, yesterday I went to Dunhelm mill and bought a tall cylindrical vase (reduced from £9.99 to £2.49) and a large assortment of taller 'flowers' .................... under £30 for the lot (including the vase) and I've already had compliments about it. As a non-horticultural expert, they look as 'realistic' as the Peony ones.

But, hey ................ what do I know? :wink:

Thanks for the tips guys, I will take a peek when I'm next in the vicinity of Dunhelm, M&S as they always bring in new stuff each season so may do them again & Sainsburry's.
I must admit the bouquet they had today as the TSV looked a bit sparce imo. Then I thought "auto delivery" so the summer bouquet could go with the spring one then I thought "YIKES THAT'S £80+ IN TOTAL"!!! So didn't buy.

it's the same with most things? clothing for instance is far nicer and half the price elsewhere. you'd think if qvc were charging £100 for a fake flower, it would be incomparable quality.

Latest posts

Back