Influencers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Old Man Steptoe

Registered Shopper
Have any known influencers appeared on QVC,as BAs in the past or present.
Does anybody know if QVC pay or give products away to influencers on the internet.
Any information would be appreciated.

Does anybody know if QVC pay or give products away to influencers on the internet.
When Pixi were on, on one occasion, the BA brought her buddy Caroline Hirons in as a model. CH is definitely classed as an influencer.

.The only 'influencer' I take any notice of is my dog. She sits and stares at me willing me to give her a rich tea biscuit, and refuses to look away until I take notice of her.

Influencers are for the gullible who can't think for themselves, and make easy money.

When Pixi were on, on one occasion, the BA brought her buddy Caroline Hirons in as a model. CH is definitely classed as an influencer.
You know what? I always imagine she’s (CH) a ‘mean girl’. I don’t know the woman personally, and I know that thousands hang on her every word re; face creams, but to me she just looks a nasty piece of work. Like the South African makeup counter lady character from The Fast Show!
Obvs I have no idea evidence for this…just my gut reaction - and probs my cynical nature. Go on ….please tell me I’m not alone in this 😂😂😂

You know what? I always imagine she’s (CH) a ‘mean girl’. I don’t know the woman personally, and I know that thousands hang on her every word re; face creams, but to me she just looks a nasty piece of work. Like the South African makeup counter lady character from The Fast Show!
Obvs I have no idea evidence for this…just my gut reaction - and probs my cynical nature. Go on ….please tell me I’m not alone in this 😂😂😂

I've met her and think she was generous with her time.. She tried to teach me the "therapist swipe", took me ages.

I don't see her as the mean girl. I've followed her for well over six years. Not so much the last year as she's left YouTube. I have been influenced to buy some of her recommendations, some re buys. I will try her own brand when it is released, probably or possibly well a strong might. I will think about buying. It will probably be too expensive for me, I hope.

Erica Davies is an Instgram influencers who had her own home range on Q about four years ago maybe?! It was mostly rugs, faux plants,mugs and some garden furniture it didn't last long. She also does fashion on This Morning from time to time. Would Anouska Kelly Hoppen's BA be considered an influencers?

I've met her and think she was generous with her time.. She tried to teach me the "therapist swipe", took me ages.

I don't see her as the mean girl. I've followed her for well over six years. Not so much the last year as she's left YouTube. I have been influenced to buy some of her recommendations, some re buys. I will try her own brand when it is released, probably or possibly well a strong might. I will think about buying. It will probably be too expensive for me, I hope.
Her book was badly written - assumed the audience were dummies.

I'm guessing she was GWHT to you in her earlier days (needed the fans)
She's somewhat up herself.

Why ar eyou so interested, if you will?

I have stopped watching beauty influencers at all. All of them are selling to us.
Sadly, Caroline was the catalyst for that. She had a massive fallout and spat with Drunk Elephant and went from positive, including interviewing the founder, to really negative... I thought her behaviour was disappointing. Despite her usually excellent skincare advice in the early days, which I really rate even now, I don't watch or subscribe on any platform she may be on. I didn't even know she'd left YouTube. I noticed quite a few other influencers have left YT, so I suppose most are putting their effort into Instagram etc now. I don't think they will have stopped "Influencing".

I met CH at a SpaceNK event a few years back.

Okay, I was invited and went for the free organic champagne. Yes, free bubbles and I am there. Dior was the best one in House of Fraser, they did Moët.

Anyway, CH did a talk about Clean beauty, which strangely she said on her Facebook page was not a real thing as nothing is really clean in beauty. Seemed very friendly and at the end of the evening when the crowds had died down I decide I suppose I should actually go and ask stuff. I told her what my problems with skin care and what I used. She just told me to keep doing what I was as it was working.

Now, chatting as I do, people who work from brands etc, hey chat be friendly, and you get freebies. I have heard things over time about CH, she has the power now to break or kill brands coming into the UK. Yes, she is that powerful. Demands very large sums to push a brand, and if a brand says no and her followers ask about this new brand? She can say no, that brand is not really great. What I noticed on Facebook she sells her beauty bags costing £200+ some are cheaper now, and a brand she is not pushing suddenly a product from that brand will appear in one of her bags. Now, her follows on Facebook will and do recommend to others asking brands she is not in with, and they can suddenly appear in one of the beauty bags.

Yes, she did appear on QVC with Pixi as the brand was doing a big push into the UK market. They had been around for a while low-key but once Caroline got involved it blew up now in Boots etc and widely available. The BA she came on QVC with was a personal friend who worked for Pixi.

I'm amazed people can be this feckless. I follow no one - for the reasons extracted from your post My skin care decisions are identical to 99% of Sister Bliss decisions - in that they are my own. Those who chose to 'follow' can knock themselves out, of course.

....Donna's post about all her 'followers'. Pied Piper springs to mind?

Latest posts

Back