irritating presenter voices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm sitting watching Julia Roberts now. She is REALLY over doing the ingenuous girly flirting nowadays. Looks ridiculous in a woman approaching her 60s.

And really, if she thinks that all the hair flicking, speaking glances and fingers straying across the cleavage is a good idea, then someone at QVC ought to step in and explain to her that most viewers are mature women. Few of them want to be on the receiving end of such silliness. I certainly don't

I'm sitting watching Julia Roberts now. She is REALLY over doing the ingenuous girly flirting nowadays. Looks ridiculous in a woman approaching her 60s.

And really, if she thinks that all the hair flicking, speaking glances and fingers straying across the cleavage is a good idea, then someone at QVC ought to step in and explain to her that most viewers are mature women. Few of them want to be on the receiving end of such silliness. I certainly don't

She comes across as loving herself. I am afraid I can't bear to watch anything when she is presenting.

Marverine and Craig Rowe are the two that I will never watch/listen to. Julie R in loving herself mode and I am on the off button double quick, imo she acts like a silly teenager at times...I am not a big fan of our 'back to you friend' and rarely watch more than a few mins.... the rest I can take in small doses. I do seem to watch less every week.

It's when Claire Sutton puts on a 'baby' voice, I cannot bare it, and she does it more often than not.

I cannot listen to CS!! The baby voice is really awful and just have to switch off, when she comes on the telly...it's also the only presenter I do this with, LOL!!! Sorry Claire :mysmilie_19:

Can't agree about Anne, I like her and her accent, although to be fair she has been known to squawk. Can't stand Alison Young's voice, Marverine is very irritating - why doesn't she just talk normally? Worst man is Simon Biagi and his utter fakeness and talks about everything like he's selling cheap washing powder. Claire's baby voice and fake bimbo nonsense is very annoying, Jill Franks when she does that Essex girl type voice and Debbie Flint with her fake amazement at everything.

CC

Don't mind Anne's voice, nice accent!! Jill F and Sarah are just about bearable to listen to, LOL!! Quite like listening to Debbie, Julia, Jackie, Catherine and Charlie!! Takes all sorts i suppose and enjoy their fun approach when selling :mysmilie_8:

She comes across as loving herself. I am afraid I can't bear to watch anything when she is presenting.

I used to like Julia, and enjoy watching her shows. Unfortunately that has now changed. I would actually prefer to watch Jill Franks presenting than Julia, any day!

I have a relatively short list of presenters I would actively avoid watching (Sara Griffiths at #1, Simon Biagi at #2) no matter what product they are presenting.

Most of the rest will frequently be on mute unless there is something where I need or want to hear about the product.

Sad to say, I get more enjoyment out of watching the antics on Ideal World at the moment than QVC. They've got a Wild West theme going on at present, and put guests or presenters in their "jail" on screen. It's silly, but so light-hearted. It's nice to see, as a change from the full-of-their-own-importance attitude of too many of the QVC lot.

Last edited:
I used to like Julia, and enjoy watching her shows. Unfortunately that has now changed. I would actually prefer to watch Jill Franks presenting than Julia, any day!

I have a relatively short list of presenters I would actively avoid watching (Sara Griffiths at #1, Simon Biagi at #2) no matter what product they are presenting.

Most of the rest will frequently be on mute unless there is something where I need or want to hear about the product.

Sad to say, I get more enjoyment out of watching the antics on Ideal World at the moment than QVC. They've got a Wild West theme going on at present, and put guests or presenters in their "jail" on screen. It's silly, but so light-hearted. It's nice to see, as a change from the full-of-their-own-importance attitude of too many of the QVC lot.

I agree, I take the Mick out of some of IW presenters, the ex bidders mainly, but the rare times I've watched QVC then turned over to IW it's like coming home. They're not pretentious or think themselve more than what they are, a shopping channel with lots of flexi-pay, good products and great p&p charges, like this weekend, genuine reduced offers and near everything on free p&p. It's also nice to watch a full hour on one item, rather than QVC selling 5/6/7 in one hour where you're non the wiser about the product at the end of it. I know their returns is 14 days but to be honest, I don't need thirty days to decide if I liked something anyway, they also solve any problem you have efficient by email, so all in all this is the shopping channel for me.

Sorry but I find all of them irritating these days. Not just because of the high speed guff which comes out of all their mouths nor because of the tone of their voices but because watching them, any of them, is no longer a pleasure. The hard sell routine just puts me off and they all do it. I find myself becoming annoyed when I hear lie after lie or push, push, push and the way they presume so many of us must be idiots and can`t see beyond the spiel.
The verbal gushing, the false sound of surprise in their voices, the imperious tones often telling us we need or must have something, the self promotion, the patronising tones, the pretence and so on and so on, makes every sound which comes out of their mouths grate on me, end of.

I couldn't agree more! Get rid of the lot of them and start again!

What about if Beverley Cressman, Alison Young and Abi Horne were all in a room talking at once - phew, that really would be nails down blackboards.

CC

What about if Beverley Cressman, Alison Young and Abi Horne were all in a room talking at once - phew, that really would be nails down blackboards.

CC

Funny, that would be unbearable, LOL!! I have to mute or turn over when Abi is on - not sure why but just do!!!?? :mysmilie_13:

I think this new "management" team must have drilled it into them that they're lucky to have the jobs and they're a cut above the rest of the competition.

NO.

You are so completely wrong it's pathetic. Your presenters range from nice but stumbling, machine-gun delivery, preening, hectoring, childish, shouty, irritating, too smooth, take themselves too seriously, insincere, nervous, loving-all-things-me, girlie-girlie, interrupting-all-the-time, messy, stuffed into undersize clothes, to Jackie Kabler. She's the only one who doesn't take QVC or herself too seriously. The rest don't hold my attention for long, some not at all so I switch over. Ideal World is much more watchable these days because the presenters don't have any illusions about themselves.

Get it sorted.

I have been thinking about this myself lately as I had to make a call to QVC and noted how lovely her voice was and the manner so calming on the recorded messages. I didn't feel uptight and anxious about being put on hold which is a first for me.

She is definitely the best spoken presenter. Bad hair day today mind!LOL

Of the other presenters many of them have nice voices but are irritating in delivery. For instance Jilly has a lovely voice BUT 'It really is!' It really does!' 'You really should!' etc etc etc drive me insane.

Latest posts

Back