is JF really 45? a joke surely

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynnieb

Registered Shopper
I read someone joking that JF is 45, ha ha ha. My you made me laugh with that one. Never in this world is she 45, even with all the Gatinau in the world, (actually it doesn't work anyway). I'd have said 52. Whatever, she's still a pain

No she is nearly 45 years old physically and going on 6 but a bit backward for her age mentally.

The original post said JF ie Jill Franks, if it's Julia then yeah she's 54.

There was a message above mine that the poster deleted so post#3 now looks odd, but I honestly don't dislike Julia enough to lump her in with JF.

I read someone joking that JF is 45, ha ha ha. My you made me laugh with that one. Never in this world is she 45, even with all the Gatinau in the world, (actually it doesn't work anyway). I'd have said 52. Whatever, she's still a pain

No way does Jill Franks look 52! I would say she looks okay for 45.

I read it as JR to start with, and thought naah she's deffo over fifty, but then realised it was Jill Franks....I know she ain't popular, but I agree with the above poster and think she looks okay for 45, in fact I wouldn't have been surprised if she was a few years younger than that even!

:mysmilie_497: Jill Franks looks fine for her age...However it seems some people just live for the opportunity to bring someone else down and make themselves feel good. Wonder if they would be so bold in their nastiness if we were able to see their faces and judge what they look like! In JA words:'Not cool'!:down:

Yes, they can post their photos on here and we'll guess their age!

I think JF looks good for her age and I've stated that on here before. I seem to be in the small minority who actually like her and enjoy watching her present. Yes the 'I'm such a girly' comment is a bit pathetic but at least she has a bit of fun and doesn't take herself so seriously, like some other older presenters... :emo:

I think she looks good for her age and definitely not any older than 45

I don't mind watching her in small does although do agree that some of the things she says are just ridiculous, she is just a bit ditzy but comes across as if she is a genuinely nice person

I think she looks a good bit older than 45. No malice intended, just my personal observation. It may be because she has a rather cadaverous face.....

I'm not keen on the opening posters remarks though.

Last edited:
Yes, they can post their photos on here and we'll guess their age!

When people were 'gunning' for Julia's daughter, I posted to say I doubted anyone who criticises others' appearance would upload their photos for scrutiny. I'm a moderator on another UK site, with over 4000 members and we have a 'meet the members' forum where photos can be posted and the only reason people posted on it was because only photos were allowed, not comments. That meant that anyone who had an opinion kept it to themselves, but we were able to put a face to a name when they posted.

Some people look good for their age because they use products which may 'hold back time' and some are blessed with good genes, but more importantly none of us is perfect and no one really deserves adverse comments whatever their appearance.

But hey ........ that's just my humble opinion and many will disagree with me, so feel to 'jump on me' but I'm sticking to my guns.

When people were 'gunning' for Julia's daughter, I posted to say I doubted anyone who criticises others' appearance would upload their photos for scrutiny. I'm a moderator on another UK site, with over 4000 members and we have a 'meet the members' forum where photos can be posted and the only reason people posted on it was because only photos were allowed, not comments. That meant that anyone who had an opinion kept it to themselves, but we were able to put a face to a name when they posted.

Some people look good for their age because they use products which may 'hold back time' and some are blessed with good genes, but more importantly none of us is perfect and no one really deserves adverse comments whatever their appearance.

But hey ........ that's just my humble opinion and many will disagree with me, so feel to 'jump on me' but I'm sticking to my guns.

No, I agree with a lot of what you say. I don't agree that we shouldn't make observations about the presenters whether it be the crap they come out with on air, dress sense, mannerisms etc but just sometimes, I feel it can get a little bit too nasty, the Julia Robert's daughter one didn't sit well with me tbh. Also I think that starting a thread just to say you think someone looks older than their years is similarly cruel. I know this sort of comment has, and does occassioanally come out during a thread,which isn't quite so bad as it has far less impact than when the title of a thread is so horribly personal. This type of post clearly aims to illicit agreement, and no doubt a whole lot more derogatory comments.

Over the years there have been squillions of threads here of the post a pic of yourself persuasion and loads of posters have let themselves at the mercy of others but received nothing by kind comments which would boost even the most deflated ego. The original poster is also someone whose portrait is visible on the sister site of st.com so I don't think you assertion of the peeps here being protected by anonymity holds up too well.
I also think saying we were "gunning" for JR's daughter is a bit strong, comments are made about the models and guests all the time, some far worse than she got.
JF creeps me out looks wise but it is a combination of things about her appearance and her dress sense baffles me at times. Above all I think she's dreadful at her job so I make great use of the off button - an excellent solution:ninja:

Last edited:
Over the years there have been squillions of threads here of the post a pic of yourself persuasion and loads of posters have let themselves at the mercy of others but received nothing by kind comments which would boost even the most deflated ego. The original poster is also someone whose portrait is visible on the sister site of st.com so I don't think you assertion of the peeps here being protected by anonymity holds up too well.

Our photo forum was moderated because it was started so members could 'meet' the others, but it turned into an MSN 'clone' because people were making positive comments and then just chatting to each other and so the thread ran for pages and pages and the photos 'got lost' in all the typing. Once the thread had run its course we moderated it and just left the photos.

I don't know the original poster or the sister site, but my comment was made because there are a lot of 'personal' comments about the presenters' appearance in various threads and I maintain that many of us wouldn't want to be scrutinised in such detail. I am not singling anyone out ....... I'm just basing my opinion on what I've read in quite a few of the forums.

I also think saying we were "gunning" for JR's daughter is a bit strong, comments are made about the models and guests all the time, some far worse than she got.
JF creeps me out looks wise but it is a combination of things about her appearance and her dress sense baffles me at times. Above all I think she's dreadful at her job so I make great use of the off button - an excellent solution:ninja:

I still maintain that making derogatory comments about someone's face is unacceptable, whether they are presenters or guests, and, whether or not "gunning" is appropriate terminology, making personal comments about someone's physical appearance doesn't "sit well' with me. Fair enough to comment on someone's presenting style or even fashion sense because that can be changed, but facial features can't unless they undergo plastic surgery.

Maybe it's the fact I'm a teacher and I see at first hand what a chance comment on the playground can do to a child's self-esteem and self-confidence that I hold the opinions that I do ....... but adults can also be affected by comments and in this case it's difficult for the presenters to come on here to 'defend' themselves.

I've not intended to offend anyone by posting my viewpoint and I apologise if I have.

Our photo forum was moderated because it was started so members could 'meet' the others, but it turned into an MSN 'clone' because people were making positive comments and then just chatting to each other and so the thread ran for pages and pages and the photos 'got lost' in all the typing. Once the thread had run its course we moderated it and just left the photos.

I don't know the original poster or the sister site, but my comment was made because there are a lot of 'personal' comments about the presenters' appearance in various threads and I maintain that many of us wouldn't want to be scrutinised in such detail. I am not singling anyone out ....... I'm just basing my opinion on what I've read in quite a few of the forums.

I still maintain that making derogatory comments about someone's face is unacceptable, whether they are presenters or guests, and, whether or not "gunning" is appropriate terminology, making personal comments about someone's physical appearance doesn't "sit well' with me. Fair enough to comment on someone's presenting style or even fashion sense because that can be changed, but facial features can't unless they undergo plastic surgery.

Maybe it's the fact I'm a teacher and I see at first hand what a chance comment on the playground can do to a child's self-esteem and self-confidence that I hold the opinions that I do ....... but adults can also be affected by comments and in this case it's difficult for the presenters to come on here to 'defend' themselves.

I've not intended to offend anyone by posting my viewpoint and I apologise if I have.

Please, don't offer an apology to bullies; and yes that’s what they are! Riddled with inner insecurities themselves and making derogatory comments (undeservedly) about others just to make themselves feel better for a minute or two. They can try and justify all they want for their lowest of low comments, but there is no excuse to be just plain nasty!!!

I've been following this forum for few months only, but I've been very dissapointed and sickened by the misuse of the forum by some members. Their 'outings' of vile bully behaviour is never based on relevant constructive criticism, but always hitting at a personal weakness of their chosen 'victim'! Classic bullies!

Well dear bullies, you may not be reined in by the moderators, but there is nothing to stop any one of us (and there are quite a lot of us here) who stands up for fairness and let you know that this kind of behaviour is WRONG:down: and not acceptable. Shame on you!

p.s. Please, save your sarcastic 'blood pressure' comments, as I feel so much better now!

Please, don't offer an apology to bullies; and yes that’s what they are! Riddled with inner insecurities themselves and making derogatory comments (undeservedly) about others just to make themselves feel better for a minute or two. They can try and justify all they want for their lowest of low comments, but there is no excuse to be just plain nasty!!!

I've been following this forum for few months only, but I've been very dissapointed and sickened by the misuse of the forum by some members. Their 'outings' of vile bully behaviour is never based on relevant constructive criticism, but always hitting at a personal weakness of their chosen 'victim'! Classic bullies!

Well dear bullies, you may not be reined in by the moderators, but there is nothing to stop any one of us (and there are quite a lot of us here) who stands up for fairness and let you know that this kind of behaviour is WRONG:down: and not acceptable. Shame on you!

p.s. Please, save your sarcastic 'blood pressure' comments, as I feel so much better now!

Hi, I'm not saying that "bullying" does not occur on forums, but I would like to say the moderators here do an excellent job, and I know that Graham won't tolerated bullying in any way shape or form. Many a thread is closed if the mods feel that it is descending into unconstructive argument or downright nastiness and well done to them.

On the subject of presenters, that is a tricky one, yes, they're in the public eye, so they're open to cristisism as much as they are praise. As I said before, I don't think it's right to slate someone because of the looks they were born with, but I don't think it's quite fair to call those thread starters, or those who have made such comments "bullies". Personally, I find such threads and comments thoughtless, they're not wanting to upset anyone one here, but forget that this forum could possibly be seen by that person and deeply hurt their feelings. I know I said that this kind of thread is inviting further derogatory comments, but I think in most cases on this particular forum, the poster hasn't really considered the bigger picture.

I have also noticed that some posters use words that aren't immediately obvious, for the sake of argument "cadeverous", I apologise to the poster who used this as I know 100% you weren't trying to be nasty, but I looked it up and it meant corpse like....mmmm. I think if someone had said that about me I'd be absolutely mortified. "Thin, even very thin wouldn't have been quite so bad". Think it just goes to show that we ALL need to be more thoughtful around here, and that also means thinking twice about labelling people "bullies".
If anyone has any concerns, as I said before, we've got a great team of mods who are here to help us!

If anyone has any concerns, as I said before, we've got a great team of mods who are here to help us!
Exactly!! And we certainly don't need self appointed forum police who in effect have only been members for 5 minutes. :rolleyes:

I'll happily swap "cadaverous" for very thin if it makes you feel better, Merry. You are correct, I wasn't trying to be nasty, just trying to explain why she might, in my eyes, look older than her years.It has been pointed out before on other threads that extreme thinness often does no favours once one is past a certain age. Happily, I doubt I will ever be really thin.I think she may also be a naturally skinny person. One of my daughters is really thin, always has been, and she now,at the age of 41 looks a good bit older than the other three.
As I said in my post, I didn't like the O.P.'s remarks but decided to add my objective view of Ms. Franks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back