Jade Troth is back

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just turned over (OK, foolish I know, but I'm feeling reckless). Type A Burmese Red Jade pendant going round, £299 start price. Lindsey is squeaking/telling us we'll never see anything like it again, Dave told us 'do you know what a collector you are?' 'we have shot ourselves in the foot here'.

That was me, done. So I switched off. I would love to re-phrase the two comments quoted above, but am exercising self-control...

If only this was true.

Sadly though, they've been saying this for the last few years - and we've seen it hundreds of times again since..............

Screenshot_2024-05-21-16-25-30-903.jpeg

Of course you will, Arnie - sorry, Dave...

HE's on at the moment with Queen Conch but we're in for a treat at 3pm cost he's back from Hong Kong with - guess, go on bet you can't - Type A Burmese Red Jade!!!!!!

Either he really has got a thing for Jade or they can see a mug coming from a mile off. I know which one my money would be on.
I used to work alongside someone called Jade. I wonder if she knows DT :p But silliness aside. Memory time now. In the buildup to the JM birthday week / fortnight / month, whatever it was, he told 'the world' that he couldn't get any Type A Red Jade for them and whatever he supplies would be dyed. How miraculous to suddenly 'find' some Type A Red. Maybe he could reimbuse those on JM with 'real' Jade :p

Repeat show with Kate and Dave waxing lyrical over Burmese Type A lavender jade jewellery.

It's selling everywhere else for thousands of pounds, apparently. Yet Gemporia's selling it in the low hundreds, because they're all heart.

Still set in gold tone silver with zircons. Well worth chucking your cash at 😏

The 'Lavender' Jade that is grey, and exactly the same colour as the Dove 'Blue' Jadeite that is also grey?

It could be in the low pennies, and I still wouldn't buy it.

The 'Lavender' Jade that is grey, and exactly the same colour as the Dove 'Blue' Jadeite that is also grey?

It could be in the low pennies, and I still wouldn't buy it.
One bracelet was a combination of "lavender" and green jadeite.

Yes, the green jadeite was actually green, but it was so pale in colour that it was basically a pastel shade. It was ok I guess, but nowhere near the rich, vibrant Imperial green jade Troff likes to compare his wares to.

Which explains why it's not being sold for thousands of dollars in China. And was most likely very overpriced at £200

Which explains why it's not being sold for thousands of dollars in China. And was most likely very overpriced at £200
Yes, I'm repeating myself: I'm good at that, but all the unwanted or lesser quality 'stuff' goes abroad. The country of origin keeps the good stuff for themselves.

HE's on for the next 4 hours alongside presenter David Troth. How on earth have they managed to find another David Troth - unless of course the regular presenters are refusing to present alongside him so he's doing it himself.

15:00 SECRETS OF AN MD David Troth & David Troth
16:00 DAVID HARRY JEWELS AUCTION HOUSE EDITION David Troth & David Troth
17:00 DAVID HARRY JEWELS GEM OF 21ST CENTURY David Troth & David Troth
18:00 DAVID HARRY JEWELS LATEST JADE OFFE3RING David Troth & David Troth

HE's on for the next 4 hours alongside presenter David Troth. How on earth have they managed to find another David Troth - unless of course the regular presenters are refusing to present alongside him so he's doing it himself.

15:00 SECRETS OF AN MD David Troth & David Troth
16:00 DAVID HARRY JEWELS AUCTION HOUSE EDITION David Troth & David Troth
17:00 DAVID HARRY JEWELS GEM OF 21ST CENTURY David Troth & David Troth
18:00 DAVID HARRY JEWELS LATEST JADE OFFE3RING David Troth & David Troth
MD? Morbid Dirge? Moronic Demon? Master 'of' Deception? MORE David?? Mildly Dismal? I'm sure I could go on ;)

And then you have him selling 'all' his Jewellery House stuff on TV, coz he can get no customers to his 'shop front', or whatever his platform is. Tik Tok I think. VERY HIGH END goods being touted on TT. I ask ya.

Shouldn't that be of the 22nd Century? After all, by the time he's finished talking......

Latest? As seen 'last week', 'last month' etc, coz they are so popular, they sold out and had to be remade in a hurry. ;)

DT just now: No Larimar marquise around. Not cutting. You can ask but you're not going to get it (image 1).

Me just now: Google 'larimar marquise' (image 2)

🙄

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-05-22-16-16-11-931.jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-05-22-16-16-11-931.jpeg
    536.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2024-05-22-16-17-02-343.jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-05-22-16-17-02-343.jpeg
    800.8 KB · Views: 0
DT just now: No Larimar marquise around. Not cutting. You can ask but you're not going to get it (image 1).

🙄
Triple A Natural, for an exorbitant price. Giving DT a run for his money. £2.96 :p

🙄

It amazes me how he has the audacity to stand in front of that big screen, claiming to be an 'expert' and talking as though we should believe every word he says, when everything he says can be proven to be false within minutes of doing a bit of basic research.

They really do insult their viewers intelligence.

I don't know how much this bloke gets paid - but he must have the easiest job in the world. Being paid thousands per year for talking complete and utter bulls**t with no 'expertise' or 'facts' behind anything he says at all.

It amazes me how he has the audacity to stand in front of that big screen, claiming to be an 'expert' and talking as though we should believe every word he says, when everything he says can be proven to be false within minutes of doing a bit of basic research.

They really do insult their viewers intelligence.

I don't know how much this bloke gets paid - but he must have the easiest job in the world. Being paid thousands per year for talking complete and utter bulls**t with no 'expertise' or 'facts' behind anything he says at all.
I wonder what the gemhunter experts who appeared over the years think of him? Such as names that used to be mentioned all the time years ago - Don Kogen? Gavin Linsell? the Diniz Brothers (subsequently on Rocks & TJC)? Be interesting to know.

Oh for goodness sake Trough and Lights out Lindsay on with opals. Usual lecture and her looking on gormlessly. After 20 minutes (with sound off I hasten to add) they’re flogging a rather ugly (IMHO) opal and cognac diamond ring

I know it’s my smutty mind, but the programme is called Gems TV down under and it is conjuring up an awful vision😱

Latest posts

Back