Jewellery Clearance TSV 29/07/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I would like a pair of the White ones. What is the quality likely to be? The magnified photo of the blue ones seems to show a large inclusion on the left hand one

If the pair are .25carat. Then 1 is around .12 of a carat and according to a chart I looked at, this makes them each about 3.3 millimetres if they are round diamonds. Do people agree?

The ones that I thought were white are champagne. Been looking at real diamond studs now and then remembered that I am always losing earrings and have already lost quite a few diamonique pairs. So if I am going to buy any it will be another diamonique pair

I have owned and worn my diamond studs for more than 30 years. I would be very upset if I lost one but I do also feel that I've really really had my money's worth as I probably wear them 2 or 3 times a week if not more.

I have some diamond studs in white gold & I rarely wear them in case I loose one ( they are not massive but still valued a several £100's.)These are so small & will not be good quality & not in gold I would rather wear fake, why pay even £40+?

Oh do wear them Silver Fox! Insure them, wear them and love them. They're one item of jewellery it is actually relatively easy to replace.

I don't have any jewellery I don't wear at all. There are several pieces I would struggle to replace because they're antiques but there's no real pleasure, for me, in having them sitting in a jewellery box unworn.

I lose earrings a lot too... so now I buy two pairs of the same design whenever I see something I really like. That way, even if I lose one, I still have two more 'spares'. It's not as frivolous as it first appears - this way I don't have to scrap the odd ones anywhere near as much so it's kind of money saving in a clumsy sort of way.

I buy silver or gold but with simulated stones (if any) and have to have a really special occasion before I break out my old and valuable ones. Why? Well....

A few years ago I lost two rings - I was sitting as a passenger in the car and took my rings off and laid them in my lap. I put some hand cream on and waited for it to sink in. Then forgot to put my rings back on and got out of the car at the services and lost them. I didn't twig to them being missing until I washed my hands - went back to the car but they were nowhere inside or out.

I did get an insurance payment BUT my premiums for several years later went up as a result... so claiming comes with a price tag attached.

Oh do wear them Silver Fox! Insure them, wear them and love them. They're one item of jewellery it is actually relatively easy to replace.

I don't have any jewellery I don't wear at all. There are several pieces I would struggle to replace because they're antiques but there's no real pleasure, for me, in having them sitting in a jewellery box unworn.

You are so right Tinkerbelle! I have some pieces which I never wear (replacements for a burglary) & am thinking of selling.I love pieces that I can wear all (or nearly)the time.My insurance would cover them anyway, getting them out right now!

Yay you Silver Fox.

Oh hell Tiddly. I am sorry you lost the rings and that your insurance company were mean over the premiums going up. I've only claimed a couple of times. Once for my handbag. My god its unbelievable how much your handbag and contents are worth! The other time was a burglary and we claimed thousands. Fortunately neither one led to massive hikes in premiums.

I've lost rings too. Usually because I take them off to wash my hands and then forget to put them back on. I also lose bracelets where the catch either does not work properly or catches on something and the bracelet falls off. Necklaces break and earrings get caught in clothes and the back flies off and I don't notice.

Recently was out with a friend and saved her from losing her really expensive beautiful wedding ring which had grade a diamonds in it. She put it down to put on some handcream in Bodyshop and then did not put it back on. When I rejoined her at the table in the shop I just happened to see it there.

Latest posts

Back