Josie Maran TSV 18/08/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am feeling really pleased with this TSV. There is something about the thought of putting good things on my skin that makes me happy. The argan oil has been a revelation. I always used AD Skin Synergy oil and thought that it could not be topped, but AO just leaves my skin velvety soft and I am also using it in the ends of my hair. The lipstick is gorgeous and moisturising, if not as long lasting as I would have liked. I have not had a chance to try y the balm or the shadows and will sell the foundation as I ordered late and only fair was left. The only disappointment is the mascara, very clumpy and does not give Le length, curl or definition. The only thing in its favour is that it leaves the lashes soft and not brittle. But on the whole, very happy to have found a new brand with a good ethos.

I haven't used the Argan Oil (don't intend to either), but have used everything else & I really can't get on with eyeshadows. They don't seem to apply right to my lids. I like the foundation, lipstick, balm & mascara though.

I seem to have had a breakthrough with the eye shadows this morning - after struggling to apply them in a way that looks good for three days, this morning I did and I really like the colour. Will keep trying this week to make sure this isn't a flook. lol!

I seem to have had a breakthrough with the eye shadows this morning - after struggling to apply them in a way that looks good for three days, this morning I did and I really like the colour. Will keep trying this week to make sure this isn't a flook. lol!
Could you tell us the secret?Im finding its making my eyelids more crepey(they are crepey)but more so lol

I always use Clinique Touch Base before I apply any brand of eyeshadow and it lasts all day.
:mysmilie_48:

Could you tell us the secret?Im finding its making my eyelids more crepey(they are crepey)but more so lol

I wish I could, I'm so sorry. I don't know what it was. It just glided on this morning and the only reason I can think is because I've taken the 'top layer' off the eyeshadow pallet. So the product isn't as hard or stiff, so I was able to get it on the brush and then apply to my eyelids.

Good Luck with your technique.

I wish I could, I'm so sorry. I don't know what it was. It just glided on this morning and the only reason I can think is because I've taken the 'top layer' off the eyeshadow pallet. So the product isn't as hard or stiff, so I was able to get it on the brush and then apply to my eyelids.

Good Luck with your technique.
Thanks,that seems possible,wiii wear it down a bit.

I'm using the Doll10 eye primer which doesn't seem to be in stock on Q anymore, then I'll go back to Urban Decay potion or somewhere I have Mally and Laura Geller eye primers which work well too to clean up my eye lids and grab powder eye shadow. I have the blue JM palette and I'd agree the surface is a bit resistant at first, I also use a large sponge shadow applicator (body shop about 5 years ago) for the pale "base" colour. It gives better payoff than the brush, which then works perfectly to blend the deeper shadows.

I've just been on QVC's website to review this TSV and found it's 'no longer available' and so therefore I'm unable too. It's annoyed me somewhat because there are only 37 reviews and this suggests to me that they have taken the decision at QVC that they don't want to keep rejecting reviews on it. lol! There are usually hundreds of reviews on TSV collections.

I'm putting my disappointment a side for the Elemis TSV and getting excited for this TSV now. lol!

However, I was also very excited for the last one, I bought it and I'll be honest I still use it (but not a lot), but I don't think it's great - the body cream seems to just sit on my skin and I can't use her Argan Oil at all (even though AY says it's for everyone). My combination skin just doesn't like it.

I saw Terri put something on Twitter a while ago that there would be a Josie Maran TSV in August for us, but I had totally forgot about it.

Although I was fairly disappointed with the last one, I'm going to stay open minded about this one, see what it is and make a decision.

I've got a dreadful allergy to Argan Oil and so has my hairdresser. Neither of us could believe it as we both thought it was unlikely to be the cause of the rash that we both had. Unfortunately, that theory went straight out the window. It seems to be an ingredient (or to use the AY word, Ingreeedjent) that's put in a lot of things these days.

I wonder if they've taking it down because either through the reviews already placed or customer services they've had other customers reporting an Argan oil allergy?

If you click on the item number from your account you can read the reviews that have been left, as always with make up and skin care there a division with lots of happy buyers and some who hated the TSV: with 6 pages out of the 10 pages of reviews being 5 stars.

What does everyone think of their TSV?

I used the foundation serum properly today for work, I used two pumps and applied with my fingers all over my face. I left it to sink in for 5 mins then put the Tarte bronzer over the top and used the balm highlighter on cheekbones. I am using up the rest of my Tarte eyeshadow quad before starting the Josie Maran eyeshadow quad. I used my Mally navy eyeliner, Tarte mascara and BM lipgloss. I then went to work, didn't think anything more about it, but I had two different people tell me I looked "really well" today. I came home from work, had a look at myself and thought, yes I do look a bit better than usual. I then as an experiment put some Laura Geller B & B on and noticed a "dullening/deadening" of my face.

So Warwa, in answer to your question I think for me the TSV is a success, it has a better effect on my face than I originally thought, and I loved the eyeshadow and lippy anyway.

I love the foundation too and also apply with fingers. I keep meaning to try using a brush but for some reason maybe the sandy texture or white serum look of it, it just feels right to massage it into my face with warm fingers.

I am wearing makeup more at the moment as am feeling run down and look washed out and feel I need to wear makeup to look better and this foundation does really help me look more naturally well.

I'm not impressed with the mascara though really messy and clumpy will soon give up on it and it will find it's way to the bin I think.

Haven't been using the other Josie Maran products much yet.

Latest posts

Back