JR writing a book

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Revenge is sweet and Joy felt even more vindicated when Simon swaggered up to her, slipped his arm round her shoulders and walked off with her saying "Welcome on board, you delectably curvy female. I love a woman that's comfortable with her body-image, not like some I could mention" and he turned round and scowled at Julia. As they strode aweay, Julia......

stuffed a cream cake in her face, hoping this would impress Mr cowell but....

Last edited:
Julia tried to be positive, at least if she worked on the plus size show she would indeed be a small, she need never say lar, larg.... she still didn't know how to say THAT word.
Simon would then see she liked her own skin and fall for her after all she was nearly a dusky beauty, the only thing out of her favour was her age and she had been fooling the public for years on that one, as her partner let slip one day that JR was in fact in her 70's and not that she had been a dancer since the 70's.

Jilly Halliday had hoped that she would not have to audition. She visited Cloudier and asked how she thought it was best to approach Simon. Cloudier said that she thought if Jilly allowed herself to be man handled ie to have her ears pierced along with her belly button and a few tattoo's for good measure, she was sure Simon would look favourably on her.
"Such pain," thought Jilly "Can I do it?" She shifted from one foot to the other nervously, Cloudier wasn't winding her up was she? "You're not winding me up are you Cloudier?" she asked
"Why would I?" Cloudier smiled maliciously. just then Simon walked in smoking a fag. "Time for your auditions LADIES" he smirked. Cloudier smiled and fluttered her eyelashes and thought I've got this in the bag, I've been a model, a presenter and a designer and I'm a WAG so I've no problems. She lifted her skirt and started doing the okey cokey, what she didn't realise was that she sang like a cat being strangled, hardly up to Pipa's standards.
Simon screamed a girlish scream. "Make it go away" he said Jilly was stunned. If the delectable Cloudier could not win Simon over what chance did she have?. She'd get a tattoo like Cheryl's and hope for the best. She asked - nay begged for an extension and left the room.
Simon who by now had bleeding bleed bleed bleeding ears sought out the first aid room. Alison was running up the corridor with her trolley and blue light flashing saying she was from the emergency services. Simon by now was crying with sheer terror, he'd seen her work on Marcel Marceau and Hugo Weaving in V for Vendetta and had no faith in her, Cheryl regaled her tale of the broken nail and Simon decided to try and escape, however Alison was ready for him , she had spilt decleor Aromessence Iris and any other greasy beauty product she could find along with the fat from the Christmas duck she'd killed from her farm (although she didn't eat it, Butcher Basso would be so proud!) to set Simon off balance. With the help of Cloudier they put him in the trolley and wheeled him to.....................

Glen Campbell's dressing room.

"Those high-waisted trousers do nothing for you," said Glen. "I suggest a jean and a white shirt, you can dress it up or dress it down .."

Before Glen could continue Harald arrived and said ...

"Oh i see ve need ze fashion poice" Simon felt he was in some weird sort of parallel universe and kept pinching himself in the faint hope that he would be transported back to normality.
"Now you know vot you need Simon, you need to be pompoosed". Harald said gleefully. Simon was unsure what this entailed but the sound of it didn't appeal to him one little bit.
Harald toddled off, in his little pink pixie boots, to the wardrobe that contained his vast array of colourful clothing and oversized elephant jewellery. "Vot to choose for ze lovely simon, deecisons deecisions".

Simon had never understood why people joked about his fashion sense, so what if he had multiple versions of the same coloured T shirt and trousers that virtually strangled him. His doubts that there was nothing wrong about his unique style had been confirmed after witnessing the "fashion" at CASH. Here people were actively encouraged to buy lots of the same item or buy the same item in several colours. Infact they were even told to buy them for teachers. Why was he any different.He certainly wasn't going to be dictated too and ridiculed by Glen "Gok" campbell who quite frankly knew as much about fashion as Amanda Holden did about talent.

Simon couldn't bear go through this charade anymore, he got up, which was quite a chore as his ears were still bleeding and this made balancing virtually impossible. He staggered off with the thought that having Alison Young PHD BS, slaver her Decleor concoction all over him was indeed preferable to this psychedelic nightmare

Simon reluctantly made his way for an exclusive private appointment with AY PHD BS. He realised this could eat into his vast fortune as a private appointment with her could cost over £3000 an hour as she was, afterall, an expert. In fact she was virtually a scientist as she was able to mix seeerums, she had worked in a laboratory with Andrew Bagley and discovered the secret youth molucule melatoginine and she could literally make wrinkles disappear after one application of any lotion or potion she was selling. She even had her own exclusive studio at the back of the Battersea branch of superdrug where out of work actors rushed to when they were getting ready for their appearances as extras on eastenders.

Eventhough Cheryl had tried to warn him off he still made his way to Alison Young PHD BS, he opened the door and........

Lulu beamed at him from the open doorway.

Simon chick, its me Loo. My Time Bomb is the Bomb baby. Did you know I shagged David Bowie and someone from Take That? :mysmilie_12:

Ali swears my TB is the greatest literally actual range of skincare you will ever see. Did you know I am on tour at the moment? You know you make me wanna SHOUT

Simon covered his bleeding ears again and quietly thought of bombing Loo from a great height........................

"Lulu i didn't recognise you, you look well ****** weird, what's with the jumbo lips and hamster cheeks" said Simon.
"Och, it's all down to time bomb" replied Lulu wandering between her scottish accent and that strange mid-atlantic drawl that she used when she wanted to appear international.

Simon was looking for new talent he didn't have time for has beens, whose only recent claim to fame was sleeping with the one out of Take That that no one could identify by name. If it wasn't Gary or Mark it was hardly worth shouting about.

"Lulu, it's nearly time for your face to go back in the magic cupboard" said AY PHD BS. Lulu was having none of it she was hyped up and ready to ..........

....''wayyyyyyyeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll'' she sang and just as she reached the top note KAPOW BANG SPLAT the bubble burst and AY PHD BS was covered head to toe in raw botchelism literally....she squealed like a horse on heat !!!

"Looks like you've bombed" sneered Simon who couldn't believe what he was witnessing. AY PHD BS, was gobsmacked not only was she covered in the remnents of Lulu's botched botox, how would she explain to the Lulu devotees about her non appearance at her up and coming TSV in a few weeks.
Simon stepped in "This is ridiculous i have never seen such a farce in all my life".Obviously forgetting that he had infact chosen Jedward to stay in X factor only a few weeks before.
There's only one thing for it Arlene will have to step in, she looks like she uses Time Bomb"..............

A curt phone call to Arlene from the Boss interrupted her from watching Charlie do his slooooow reveal for the twentieth time that day. She was so pleased to have her own captive boy toy and even more delighted to be back at the helm of the happening organisation that was CASH. But what the bleedin' 'ell did that Cowell bloke want NOW? "You want me to be the face of what? Crime Watch. eh speak up I'm getting on and my hearing isn't what it was oh Dime Bar, eh thought we were more upmarket on the chocolate front and flogged Thorntons" "oh for god's sake you deaf old bint, you make me want to shout, Weeeelllllll, it's Time Bomb, an anti-ageing range created by the now exploded Lulu (she who shagged David Bowie, married a Bee Gee and cavorted with Take That so she has real music credibility) well she can't come on the telly now now and lie through her whitened teeth that rubbing some over priced grease on her face makes her look like Chucky so you've got to do it. Put Charlie Bare down and get along to Studio Three now" barked Simon. Arlene reluctantly let go of Charlie and sighed, she knew a chance like this was essential to keeping her career going so she set off to Studio Three, the inner sanctum where dreams of youth and beauty were spun.......

Last edited:
It was like an Aladin's cave of beauty.Arlene found herself surrounded by rows of shelves overflowing with pots of anti-aging creams. She couldn't believe it, surely all these products were just jars of cold cream infused with a pleasant fragrance. She picked one of the pots up, gazed at the exorbitant price label and yelled "How much?"
Charlie came running in,like the obedient little toy boy that he was.
"Charlie For god's sake we're in a recession surely we need to lower our prices a bit".yelled Arlene "I had no idea we charged this much".
"If you think that's bad wait till you see how much we charge for P&P". laughed Charlie.
Arlene had heard enough she stormed out and demanded a board meeting of CASH. Changes were going to have to be made and CASH were going to have to be seen by the viewers as responding to the present financial climate.
She E mailed the others directors.She was calling a meeting for 5.30 and more changes would have to be made.........

Meanwhile, Alison Young went home. For Good. She'd only got into this beauty lark by accident anyway. (by going to an evening class to learn aromatherapy in order to make an ointment for horses hooves.) She never wore make up or blow dried her hair unless she was going to be on telly and to be frank it really didn't interest her anymore.

Plus Charlie hiding in her and Jilly's dressing room and saying "Take a Look at this" before slowly throwing open his bathrobe and expecting them to say "wow" every time was getting really really tiresome. That, and every time they did any backstage filming she had to rush around like a mad thing hiding all the non QVC beauty products lined up under their mirror.

It was getting harder and harder to pretend enthusiasm for any of it - especially when they paired her onscreen with The Wicked Witch of The Wight who had a ferocious reputation at QVC towers so Alison could no longer afford to be a bit sniffy about the products from her cauldrons.

Or Kathy Tayler -who blatantly had even less interest in beauty products than she herself had these days. She was faking it onscreen so often she was beginning to feel like Meg Ryan, (but without the duck lips though. Surgery = BAD!)

She wished people would understand that Lulu hasn't had surgery - it's a prosthetic. Like Cheryl Cole's fake lashes, nails, hair, (Authors note: and tears! :D)

The Cheryl Cole hero worship was still surprisingly real. Alison got through vat loads of E45 attempting to emulate her Geordie idol. (You'd think she'd prefer the pale non sun-worshipping Nicola really wouldn't you?)

Alison decided it was about time that she focussed on something more important than lotions and potions and it was high time that she let her chin hair grow and her eye bags swing free.

Julia Roberts would literally have to do without her as actual Resident Beauty Expert for you.

Last edited:
Meanwhile back at QVC towers Julia was down in the cellars\dungeon pacing around and wondering how to influence the new management. She was aware that they were ignorant of what went on down in the cellars that stretched the entire length of the palatial studios. It was a dark and gloomy place that housed many secrets most of which Julia as the first and of course the best presenter was privy to. Apart from Claire's executive tension relief nannying service there were many nooks and crannies that were used for a variety of purposes that the gulliable viewing public lived in blissful ignorance of. Craig had actually been very fortunate to be posted back to Bristol, albeit by second class mail. His fate could have been similar to that of Daniel Green who crouched Gollum like in the darkness crooning in a tuneless whine, "buy this oh buy it now and save my career, oh,yesmyprecious dimonique ring of power, buy it oh" "oh shut your gob" hissed Julia, as she walked over to where three enormous Lock and Lock boxes lay. Julia trailed her immaculate finger tips over the high quality plastic. The secret sanctum of the cellar contained none other than Tova, Jennifer Kirk and Joan Rivers in suspended animation until they were awoken from the Lock and Lock caskets and taken to the studios to sell their wares. "By the power of three I command you to all awake" chanted Julia sprinkling the caskets with Easy Yo powder. Her plan was to arrive at the board meeting flanked with the old bags which would make her look so youthful and vibrant by contrast. Her dimonique flashed and glimmered in the subterrrean gloom of the cellar, there was a creaking noise and ...............

it was Debbie, her knees were particularly bad today and her arthritis was playing up as it had been very damp all day.
"Debbie you startled me" said Julia looking very alarmed.
"Yeah, it's time for my fag break, so i fought i'd ave a wander" Debbie said eagerly trying to see what was in the cellar.
Julia tried to steer Debbie away from the sight of the floating heads but Debbie's steely eyes didn't let her down.
"Bleedin ell" she hollered "aint that Tova where's er air" That was of course in another lock and lock storage box, ready to be put on just before she was wheeled out to go on air.
Julia pulled Debbie to one side, " Debbie,You can't mention this to anyone, i'm the only one who is privvy to this information ,this is the best kept secret here."
Debbie seized her opportunity
"It'll cost ya". she said, realising that blackmail was now her mealticket out of her job in the canteen.
Julia was facing a huge dilema should she pay off flinty to keep her mouth shut or should the gruesome twosome join forces once more.........

or she could just kill her and leave her to rot in the cellar, an appealing idea that Julia toyed with for a nano second, revenge and a problem solved all in one blow. But no, Flinty's absence doling out the left overs from the cookery shows in the canteen would be commented on as she was so loud and such a massive prescence hollering out that the gravy would not last the show so get on and buy it now! Another flaw to this plan, was the fact that Charlie and Dale knew a few of the cellar's secrets and might suspect what Julia was up to. Right, what to do? "oh Debbie, how wonderful to see you, I was so anxious for you when that nasty Mr Cowell thought your talents were best suited to the canteen, now I can put in a good word for you when I give my PowerPoint presentation at the Management meeting, so how about you just finish your cigarette and.." "Oi Lady Muck" sneered Flinty "Yer so effing posh yer can't even say fag, yer stuck up cow, well I've seen all them dried up tarts down 'ere and I'm gunna ring the Sun and tell 'em, by the way 'ow the 'ell did Joan Rivers manage to be on Graham Norton when she was in a state of suspended animation down 'ere?" What on earth was Julia to do? Flinty was so cold. so harsh, so mercenry. "look Debs, I was totally thrilled when you came home to QVC , in fact the only reason I ignored you was becuase I was to overcome with emotion to speak" "leave it out yer stuck up git" shouted Flinty delivering a sharp left hook to Julia's jaw. Gasping with shock and pain Julia fell to the floor. Flinty saw her chance and....................

pulled JR's hair. Like the rest of her it was fake and came off in Da Fint's hand. "Oh my Gawd" she screamed her high pitched noise making the dogs bark in Battersea Park. "Not only are you grey underneath that luscious wig, you're virtually bald."
Julia grabbed at her wig but Da Flint held it high. "Please give it back to me" she begged in a whispered voice.
Da flint cackled (something she'd copied from Julia) "Now I am Queen Bee, I am the one everyone will look to for guidance, I will be given my rightful place, the one I should have had before YOU got me thrown out a few years ago. Do you think I didn't know what you did?"
Julia cowering in a corner on the opposite side of the room to the Green one howled barely audibly. In the space of a few minutes she'd lost all her power, like Samson, the last of her strength evaporated with her wig. She searched the filth laden floor, reaching for a Butcher Basso mock pelt she put it on her head, was it similar enough to her own wig?
Da Flint laughed. "You look ridiculous, you'd look better with Cheryl's false eyelashes on your head." She grabbed a howling Julia and dragged her into the lift. "Now I call the shots and don't you forget it"
On the way up in the lift Julia refused to look at herself in the all encompassing mirrors. Many a time she had applied her final touches in this very lift, never would it be the same again. She had planned L'occitane lies and Decleor deceits, Hanna howlers and Michelle dash all Hope.
Suddenly the lift stopped. The door opened. Julia tried to back into the corner to hide from the obvious onslaught but it was no use. In walked................................

Philip the hair Dr Kingsley. He politely shook Debbie's hand "your hair's looking sexy Debbie, i can see you've been elasticising".
Debbie smiled, "Oh i use it all the time". As he leant in, slowly, to give her a kiss on her cheek he detected the aroma of musty smoky chocolate.
"What's that revolting smell" said philip. Debbie laughed raucously "Its probably chip fat from the canteen.
"No it's definitely not chip fat, it's much worse than that" Philip said, quite repulsed at the smell.
It then dawned on her "Oh, that's tova nights it's an aquired taste." Debbie said remembering she begged for a bottle on the last show she presented.
Julia, who was still cowering in the corner of the lift stood up and proclaimed "It's Ojon, you can smell".
" Sorry, Who are you". Said Philip "It's me Julia, Julia Roberts" Philip didn't want to appear rude as he didn't recognise her at all, so he ignored the loss of her long tossy locks and decided to deal with the matter in hand.
" Ojon did you say Ojon". said Philip "I was under the distinct impression you only ever used my products".
Debbie realised there was no point trying to deny it, as she had just been outed, she decided honesty was the best policy.
"You don't really believe that guff, we only say it so you'll keep coming back, tell us about the celebrities you can't name and then we can flog shedloads of the products".
Philip was horrified, "I am a hair Dr, my products have come out of years of scientific research, you can't compare that with some chocolate moosh".
Julia piped up again "I use you flaky itchy scalp shampoo" hoping to bag a few freebies.
"Well, you're hardly a good advert for it". snapped Philip.
Julia crawled back to the corner of the lift feeling small, humiliated and ashamed.
As the lift reached it's destination Philip said "I'm due on air in a few moments with mr teasy weasy, i'm sorry but as a Hair Dr i took the hypocratic oath and i feel i must tell the viewers about this shocking deceit.
Debbie and Julia grabbed Philips legs, they begged him to reconsider, as this would be the end of CASH if the viewers ever suspected they had been economical with the truth. What would he do......

Up in the boardroom Simon sighed and looked at a long list that took up most of the space on his carved oak desk. He was not a fan of computers, he preferred to use pen and paper to control his various empires, after all paper could be shredded, burnt or even eaten but computers could be hacked and electronic footprints traced. The list was old fashioned, pros and cons, profit and loss, problems and solutions. First he considered the cull and reorganisation of staff: That dreadful beauty woman had been dragged away by her tame horses, she needed to be replaced, hmm, he thought Cheryl with her L'oreal experience would be ideal, her annual beauty spend was rumoured to be £20K so she should be able to con a few viewers out of their hard earned money. Cloudier had departed to South Molton Street to be skinny and posh with that odd man who wore too much jewellery leaving the way free for the Jedward collection of trinkets and on trend hair care. The samples were in from the George Michael Cruise and Leisure wear collection but Simon was rather angry about the spliff burns on some of them. Robbie Williams was being rather vague and wild eyed on the matter of his cookery products so Simon was considering replacing him. He was very pleased with the way the "Yummy Mummy" shows jointly hosted by Claire and Catherine were shaping up, all sorts of pointless expensive tosh was going to be flogged to anxious parents. Jill Franks was suitalbly skinny and silly so he had decieded to keep her but for what he was not sure as yet. Craig was probably not yet in Bristol, second class post being so unreliable but at least he was out of the building. Dale had been curtailed by making him work for Harald, Charlie was Arlene's slave, that dreadful Flint woman was confined to the canteen, all was going well apart from the small, size 12 matter of Julia Roberts. Now where the hell had that trouble making creature got to? Just then the door burst open and Simon was confronted with the very disturbing sight of an odd looking little man with glasses who seemed to have a large busted woman attached to each leg. One of the women appeared to be bald, her mojo had definately gone AWOL, the other ghastly creature was wearing a horrid nylon overall designed by Kim and Co that Simon recognised as the canteen staff uniform. The noise was hideous, Simon held up his masterful hand of power "STOP" he cried, "Now get off that poor little pensioner man and explain yourselves".............

Latest posts

Back