Judith Williams The Private WebChat On BTY

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't have Facebook and am unsure of exactly it works, but i think many of the things said in this thread should have been contained to Facebook.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I always find it odd how certain people accuse people of having minions and publicly bash them for being popular and having people that agree with them when in actual fact they do the exact same thing... You only need to look at your comments here and see that the same people are liking them all to see you yourself have minions. It's just petty and pathetic.

This a shopping forum for those of us who are actually interested in things about QVC and such, not your nasty and childish squabbling... if you really want to start a hate group, do it elsewhere please.. it's making others here uncomfortable.

Why, exactly, do you think your feeling uncomfortable should take precedence over our feeling unhappy about a fellow forum member's actions? Your discomfort is easily solved. Nobody's forcing you to read the thread, so leave it and read others instead. In other words, you go elsewhere please. This is totally relevant to QVC because it concerns the QVC FB page, QVC's actions on that page, and a QVC FB group. It is not possible to address this on FB. There is no relation between the posts here and what they're doing to people on the group. There is a huge difference between agreeing with someone's posts and deleting their posts from the thread and preventing them from posting or being a contributor to the forum. The latter is what is being done by SCW and his cohorts. But if you've read the thread and think they're the same thing, then there's really no point in trying to explain it to you.

hang on a minute...

Why, exactly, do you think your feeling uncomfortable should take precedence over CMQ and I feeling unhappy about a fellow forum member's actions? Your discomfort is easily solved. Nobody's forcing you to stay in a facebook group, so leave it and read others instead.

So is SCW being manipulated by his group's admin? Is he as culpable as accused on this thread?

Oh yes, he's culpable, nobody's forcing him to yell at his members and post what he posts. He discovered he likes thowing his weight around and the fact that the destruction of the group is exactly what a certain someone wants is coincidental. People warned him what would happen and he chose to behave like this anyway.

I don't have Facebook and am unsure of exactly it works, but i think many of the things said in this thread should have been contained to Facebook.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I always find it odd how certain people accuse people of having minions and publicly bash them for being popular and having people that agree with them when in actual fact they do the exact same thing... You only need to look at your comments here and see that the same people are liking them all to see you yourself have minions. It's just petty and pathetic.

This a shopping forum for those of us who are actually interested in things about QVC and such, not your nasty and childish squabbling... if you really want to start a hate group, do it elsewhere please.. it's making others here uncomfortable.

Just to clarify, I am and never will be anyone's Minion. I shall continue to 'like' people's posts as and when I wish. It's called freedom of choice!

Why, exactly, do you think your feeling uncomfortable should take precedence over CMQ and I feeling unhappy about a fellow forum member's actions? Your discomfort is easily solved. Nobody's forcing you to stay in a facebook group, so leave it and read others instead.

I don't think anyone's feelings should take precedence, that's my point. CMQ told us to go elsewhere to discuss this. My point is that she can solve her discomfort by not reading this thread and leaving us to it, but she expects us to be gagged because she doesn't like what we say, when there's nowhere else we can raise this. So she thinks our freedom of speech should be smothered rather than that she should just ignore the thread. Her assumption that her feelings are more important than ours is precisely why I prefer uncensored forums.

And as I've already said twice, I left the FB group some time ago and I'm only posting now because someone else raised it. If the topic is raised then I reserve my right to comment. You can't put the genie back in the bottle.

What a ridiculous argument over a bluddy FB site. I don't even understand most of what's been said. For goodness sake who cares what other people are saying on other sites. Not me I've better things to do most of the time. This is the only Forum I'm on and it will remain that way. Fortunately I don't take it too seriously it's just a bit of fun when there's nowt on the telly.

Scout these are your words (post #141), I just changed the names.

What a ridiculous argument over a bluddy FB site. I don't even understand most of what's been said.

You think this is an argument? Good lord, this is just a gentle discussion compared to some of the groups I'm on! Perhaps if you did understand what's been said you'd appreciate why a number of forum members feel the way they do.

Facebook itself may be a perfectly good tool for interaction when used as it was probably intended. It seems, however, to have given wonderful opportunities for causing trouble. I don't use it, and controversies like this don't make me inclined to begin using it.

As Groucho Marx said,
I sent the club a wire stating, "PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER".

I wouldn't join a QVC group, as it seems that these are now all treated as within the purview of QVC, and therefore not exempt from open or concealed attempts at control. Forums and blogs that I might post on, are public, with no gray areas. I treat anything I post on line anywhere as a public record, that way there is no ambiguity about it. I do this even with forums I have joined which are closed (because of stalking trolls in one case). I assume that most things which have been posted on line would still show up in one search engine or another. Nothing on the internet ever seems to die... if anyone has quoted or re-posted or tweeted or whatever something someone else originally said, it would still come up I think.

Back to You and other spin-offs from QVC all seem to be devisive whether that is intentional or accidental... in abdicating any responsibility for their own social media presence, QVC have ensure that "the lunatics have taken over the asylum" to the detriment of all.

It contributes to an overall feeling that QVC really don't have any interest any more in cultivating the illusion of a family. It's all about the "in crowd", cliques and exclusivity. Sooner or later they will realise that being niche is not going to be a good survival strategy with the kind of items they sell... they need volume, so they need to broaden not narrow their appeal.

Scout these are your words (post #141), I just changed the names.

Yes, I know, but you're not understanding what I was saying.

CMQ said ". . . . do it elsewhere please" - in other words, she wants to stop us posting on this forum.

I replied as above - asking why her assumption is that her discomfort trumps our freedom of speech, particularly when all she has to do is stop reading the thread for both of our feelings to be catered for. She told us to go elsewhere. I'm saying if she goes elsewhere she won't feel uncomfortable and we won't be censored.

Sorry, I don't understand, my post doesn't say anything about him working with DF?

You said- If this is who I think it is, at least one of the admins on his group is a DF BTY acolyte who won't allow anything to be posted in his group that she thinks DF wouldn't approve of. She also admitted half the BTY members to the group, so everything is being fed back (the screen prints DF said she was being sent). I have left the group now, but I actually saw her delete a thread about Dennis Basso because she didn't want the group to "look bad". Someone asked her whose opinion she was worried about and how, as it's a closed group, anybody outside would see the thread - and she immediately banned that person from the group. This is not her group remember, she's just an admin. I was told that the banned person warned him that if he did as these people told him to do and allowed certain people to behave in this way, they would destroy his group, and it sounds as though that's exactly what's happening.

This to me looks like DF or her 'minions' have a bit of control over this group. Anyway it does not bother me I am not part of the groups and can't stand cliques. I have been coming on here for years and I am loyal to this group. It is not just one person who posts the TSV/offer spoilers and it has never been, lots of other people contribute too.

I don't belong to any QVC groups and couldn't give two figs about any power struggles going on there. What I do like is coming on this forum and chatting about products and presenters, and I especially appreciate the heads up about TSVs and OTOs given by SCW and others, and long may they continue.
I have to admit, I found the original remarks discussing SCW a bit snide and childish.

The Funniest part of all of this is the people who are trying to defend him don't even seem suprised or shocked by his behaviour.

The truth always comes out :mysmilie_11:

Facebook is a huge part of the internet these day and no-one can change that and as such it is bound to get mentioned on forums like this one. Facebook does create a lot of issues and one huge issue is admins of groups/pages being full of their own importance, this is an issue within a huge number of groups/pages, it is not even just shopping group/pages, it is across the board, I personally have got so fed up of some and left them!

Let us not forget that a lot of the issues that have been mentioned on this thread stem from QVC's chopping and changing of their rules as to what is and isn't allowed on their page and I don't doubt these rules will continue to chop and change! Until QVC start using their FB page properly and cease allowing groups like BTY which are not affiliated to QVC to preview TSV's, host chats with brand ambassadors etc.....then the complaints on the QVC page will continue.

As for other groups whether created by members of this forum or not, everyone is free to have groups or join groups and I would hope that all people would behave in the manner that they should but no-one owns item numbers, details etc..... everyone is free to post items on this forum.

I would also remind people that personal attacks on fellow forum members are not appropriate but if people behave properly then there is less chance of people feeling the need to attack others.

You think this is an argument? Good lord, this is just a gentle discussion compared to some of the groups I'm on! Perhaps if you did understand what's been said you'd appreciate why a number of forum members feel the way they do.
I doubt it as it doesn't really bother me what is said on FB. Load of rubbish as far as I'm concerned. This is a great Forum but I'm sick of all this claptrap about FB and other forums.

All that is important to me on this forum is that SCW (and others) give great info about upcoming products and I'm grateful for that.

Anything that goes on away from this forum is just not relevant.

All the sniping and snide comments just amount to bullying... everyone ganging together to have a pop about something completely away from QVC and this site.

Who cares? If we were that interested then we'd be 'over there' joining in.

All that is important to me on this forum is that SCW (and others) give great info about upcoming products and I'm grateful for that.

Anything that goes on away from this forum is just not relevant.

All the sniping and snide comments just amount to bullying... everyone ganging together to have a pop about something completely away from QVC and this site.

Who cares? If we were that interested then we'd be 'over there' joining in.

Oh here we go , trying to make out he's the victim , sorry but that won't work any longer , too many people have seen his true colours !!

This is off topic but does refer to a sentence in my first post on this thread (all those posts ago!). Thank you for all your kind thoughts ans prayers concerning my housing situation - they worked. I sign a lease on Monday for a lovely new flat. Thank you!

I think when it comes to posters on this form there is one poster I ignore. If I see their name on a thread or post I do not read it as a previous post of theirs really upset me. This approach works for me although it may not work for others. (oh, perhaps I should make clear it is not the poster everyone else is referring to just in case folk think I am adding fuel to this particular fire).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back