Julia at it again...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

she needs taking down a peg or two i've always thought she was queen bee is it by accident she always presents B&W? i have visions of her going through the schedules and picking what shows she wants rather than being told by bosses.

I am going to try and remember to watch the B and w show with her mum on it just because I am nosy and want to see the woman who gave us JR!

I reckon QVC should give Julia her own "health" show featuring Tena lady,support stockings,panti girdles,cod liver oil supplements and fybogel,hot water bottles,bed socks,and a "hot pick" of the now infamous "betty go away grey" inimate hair dye!!!!:bandit:

I didn't actually see the hour in question, did she say the garment looked horrible or the model looked horrible in it?

I totally agree that you should buy an item not that appeals to you, not beacause of someone elses opinion of it. I never buy "fashion" from QVC because in my opinion it's all out of date, but if i did wanted it, I would buy it regardless of what the presenter or anyone else thought of it.

If we all went for what the presenters like we would buy every single item aired.

Believe it or not I am not a JR fan, but think she does get a raw deal, and some of the remarks are very nasty and personal, if she is confident enough to shrug it off, then good luck to her.

I was tring to make the same point deplover. There is such a lot of bad feeling regarding Julia that IMO is quite uncalled for. We are all entitled to our opinions but if Julia were to read this forum I'm sure she would be very upset.

There are many things worth arguing about but not whether JR is the fat, nasty, rude self opinionated person that most of you seem to think she is. Life is too short to give a flying fig about a QVC presenter so I am bowing out now.

I was tring to make the same point deplover. There is such a lot of bad feeling regarding Julia that IMO is quite uncalled for. We are all entitled to our opinions but if Julia were to read this forum I'm sure she would be very upset.

I agree it's like been back in the playground :sad:

I think she's an ok presenter. The hair flicking does really annoy me but I prefer her to Charlies constant sloppering over jewellery and teddy bears. However I'm not at all interested in seeing the rest of the Roberts clan on the Butler and Wilson show. I tune into the B&W shows because I like his jewellery and because I like seeing what new designs he has bought out. I really can't understand the point of JR's mother and daughter being there when the whole purpose of the show/s is to sell sell sell. I can't understand what benefits they would bring apart from us all have to listen to four people wittering on about nothing rather than two.

I reckon QVC should give Julia her own "health" show featuring Tena lady,support stockings,panti girdles,cod liver oil supplements and fybogel,hot water bottles,bed socks,and a "hot pick" of the now infamous "betty go away grey" inimate hair dye!!!!:bandit:

I don't know about her own health show! but I do think QVC should remind her that she is just a sales person with no outstanding attributes ... other than the ability to sell, they should also remind her that she is a woman of an age:giggle:nobody really cares what size she is and that her hair flicking and over exposure don't impress anyone.

She's just announced that she is doing all 3 launches for next weekend's "Get Gorgeous" event. AND that her mum and daughter are joining her for the Butler & Wilson show on Sunday.

She seems to get the best "gigs", suppose it's because she's the queen bee but I wonder how the other presenters take it ?

Linda

I normally don't mind Julia Roberts but I KNEW that it was just a question of time before she got her daughter on air.The appearance of her mother was a surprise though, I wasn't reckoning on that. I wish that the presenters would just present, there is no need to inflict their families upon us too.

Her daughter's been on before. It was a couple of years ago and I think it was a handbag show, probably Kathy Von Zeeland (SP?) because Julia always used to talk about how much Sophie loved them:emo:

Her daughter was on modelling Butler and Wilson on Julia's fiftieth birthday show a few years ago. Seemed quite a sweet girl but I remember she was really quiet and mousy and Julia was constantly trying to get her to say something.

Right or wrong, it's good to see so many people mobilised about a single topic and also managing not to resort to the mud slinging most forums end up descending into. This is the sort of topic that could really get personal amongst the users but it's nice to see everyone is mature enough to voice opinion and accept that we all have one too. Well done to everyone and hats off to Graham for having "grown" such a great place. I'm sure he would step in if any real nastiness developed.

Just one point about the JR Family show, I just hope she doesn't "accidentally" introduce her daughter as her sister or anything stupid. She's said before that people have made that mistake when they see them together. LOL!

Right or wrong, it's good to see so many people mobilised about a single topic and also managing not to resort to the mud slinging most forums end up descending into. This is the sort of topic that could really get personal amongst the users but it's nice to see everyone is mature enough to voice opinion and accept that we all have one too. Well done to everyone and hats off to Graham for having "grown" such a great place. I'm sure he would step in if any real nastiness developed.

Just one point about the JR Family show, I just hope she doesn't "accidentally" introduce her daughter as her sister or anything stupid. She's said before that people have made that mistake when they see them together. LOL!

:grin::grin::grin::grin:

she needs taking down a peg or two i've always thought she was queen bee is it by accident she always presents B&W? i have visions of her going through the schedules and picking what shows she wants rather than being told by bosses.

I think with the B&W, it's Simon Wilson who insists on Julia - he makes it abundantly clear that she's the only one he wants to appear with if humanly possible! :smirk:

... and obviously with mum and daughter on, Julia and Simon will be talking about how B&W suit women of all generations. I can't wait to ogle all this on the telly!! (Makes me want to lay in copious amounts of vino, chips and dips, actually!)

If JR gets away with this, what's next? JF on with Hubby and Scruncher (and Mr. Bo B---dy Jangles)? CH on with Steve?

Could be the thin end of the wedge....

Latest posts

Back