Julia's New Shoes!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bit off subject - but I recently read an article with a "foot expert" and they said that they would like sell by dates on birkenstocks - as they do go on forever......but the footbed can collect mould and the cup of the heel can wear down:down:

A pair of Gizeh I had worn from May until August (not all the time, a couple of times a week) had mould in them, I threw them out. I have a few pairs of Birkis in the Menorca style but I have gone back to buying regular leather sandals for hygiene more than anything. I don't like the way they look when they have been worn. I haven't worn Birkis since June and my feet are thanking me.

It just amuses me that she presents footwear shows and raves about the product but any other time she's on air she always seems to wear the same pair of toe post wedges.

But she had different shoes on last night. Just because she sells shoes on the TV doesn't mean she has to wear them.
I have one pair of shoes that I wear all the time because they are comfy.

If Sophie has managed to remove the wedges off her Mum's feet and send them to wedge heaven, good on her.
I only mention Sophie as Julia has openly mentioned that she has told her to bin clothing in the past as she's been wearing for far too long.

:thinking:

Though I'm well aware that there's an item of clothing more than able to replace them.
Those ankle zip leggings seem to be finding themselves their own stool to sit on most shows Julia presents recently.

I found her really strange last night TBH. She did mention about being hormonal in the menopause. I can sympathise. Its no joke at times.

But she had different shoes on last night. Just because she sells shoes on the TV doesn't mean she has to wear them.
I have one pair of shoes that I wear all the time because they are comfy.

The fact that she had different shoes on last night and this was so unusual seems to be what triggered the thread. Of course she doesn't have to wear the shoes she presents but saying she has the shoes that she's selling but not wearing them makes her favourable comment about them seem a bit hollow.

Weirdly, I find it quite endearing that she wears the same shoes. I would have thought with all the different brands available - Birkis, Clarkes, Neutralisers, Rockport (my fave) - she would have a field day with trying them all out and maybe getting a few freebies.

The fact that she sticks to her one pair (up until now that is) means she's not acquisitive I suppose. Maybe she has some Scottish blood (thrifty).

I have real issues when trying to find shoes that are comfortable and look good so I tend to buy several pairs in various colours when i find "the ones" for work. I have some sympathy with Julia as she has said it can be problematic finding shoes and I wouldn't be surprised if she does stock up on comfy ones for work etc. The people I work with tease me about my shoe graveyard for those that initially looked good but aren't! My current Alegria Mary Janes (in several patterns/colours)are certainly a talking point and wouldn't be everyone's choice but for me, it's shoe heaven. My opinion would be it's her feet, so her choice but again, that's just based on my experience.:wave:

Last edited:
I have real issues when trying to find shoes that are comfortable and look good so I tend to buy several pairs in various colours when i find "the ones" for work. I have some sympathy with Julia as she has said it can be problematic finding shoes and I wouldn't be surprised if she does stock up on comfy ones for work etc. The people I work with tease me about my shoe graveyard for those that initially looked good but aren't! My current Alegria Mary Janes (in several patterns/colours)are certainly a talking point and wouldn't be everyone's choice but for me, it's shoe heaven. My opinion would be it's her feet, so her choice but again, that's just based on my experience.:wave:

She is supposed to have a very high instep, I can sympathise with shoes rubbing the top of toe jointsl.

What NO-ONE on this thread has mentioned, is that the much mentioned black toe post wedges have been worn constantly by JR for at least 7 years !!!!! - the number of years I have been watching ! I honestly cannot remember seeing her wear anything else - ooooooops tell a lie, she wore a pair of ankle boots with a long skirt and a "fitted where it touched" puff sleeved top once. I remember thinking NO NO NO Julia - your arms are giving your age away girl, cover up ! So, unless she has a stash of these wedges in her dressing room, that one pair has seen some service !

What NO-ONE on this thread has mentioned, is that the much mentioned black toe post wedges have been worn constantly by JR for at least 7 years !!!!! - the number of years I have been watching ! I honestly cannot remember seeing her wear anything else - ooooooops tell a lie, she wore a pair of ankle boots with a long skirt and a "fitted where it touched" puff sleeved top once. I remember thinking NO NO NO Julia - your arms are giving your age away girl, cover up ! So, unless she has a stash of these wedges in her dressing room, that one pair has seen some service !

Although it may not have been mentioned I'm sure that is what the OP was alluduing to.
I still for the life of me do not see what difference it makes. She is a presenter not a model. She may have 27 pairs of the same shoes. With regards to her arms, she is a lady of age and I would be surprised if she did have perfect tops to her arms. Why should she have to cover up. :dull:

Although it may not have been mentioned I'm sure that is what the OP was alluduing to.
I still for the life of me do not see what difference it makes. She is a presenter not a model. She may have 27 pairs of the same shoes. With regards to her arms, she is a lady of age and I would be surprised if she did have perfect tops to her arms. Why should she have to cover up. :dull:

Exactly she is a sales assistant, if she worked in a shop she would have dress better (in fact they all would). Surely all the exercise she does (she's on now with TSV) should help her arms? I mean you can see the muscles are working on the demo she's doing, so they should be toning the inner arms but she's been doing this for years and there's not much improvement.

Last edited:
I wonder if Dale or Craig or Julian wear the same shoes every day? Would it matter if they did? I don't think so somehow.
As for sales assistants dressing better, I haven't seen any sartorial elegance in my high street stores and I certainly don't go in every day and take a peep at their shoes.

Last edited:
I wonder if Dale or Craig or Julian wear the same shoes every day? Would it matter if they did? I don't think so somehow.
As for sales assistants dressing better, I haven't seen any sartorial elegance in my high street stores and I certainly don't go in every day and take a peep at their shoes.

No, I don't go and look at the shoes most of the time, however, the footwear the shop assistants wear in town are normally court shoes or boots with trousers which both look smart. The male presenters are better dressed than the female presenters although some forgot to wear a tie these days. Some of the male presenters make sure there shoes are polished.

I shop in John Lewis, Waitrose, House of Fraser and even some of the staff in M&S are better dressed than our QVC presenters.

I know we are mentioning Julia, but Pippa could also do with smartening up her appearance. I wonder how long they would have been employed for in a conventional shop wearing what they wear now?

As was mentioned before, wearing any shoes for a prolonged period is bad for your feet.

I think it comes down to wearing the appropriate shoes for the outfit that you're wearing and in Julia's case she often doesn't. Those wedges are really only for Summer wear, she IS in the public eye.:happy:

I think that Ali K & Clare are the smartest dressed on QVC. Some mornings Kathy looks terrible. Her hair is a mess & some of the stuff she wears is awful. She seems to dress a la QVC items all of the time.

JR ( I'm wearing a small ) wears stuff that accentuates her large bust & squeezes herself into clothes that are much too small for her. It makes her look bigger than she is. I almost feel that if she breathes out too much she will literally bust out of it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I think it comes down to wearing the appropriate shoes for the outfit that you're wearing and in Julia's case she often doesn't. Those wedges are really only for Summer wear, she IS in the public eye.:happy:

So are we not allowed to wear wedges in the spring, autumn and winter?
I do get your point but surely it is up to an individual what they wear on their feet.

Wedges are fine all year round but toe post ones, which invariably mean no tights, are better suited to Summer wear.:happy:

It's up to her what she wears, I wear my FitFlops all the time for work, but I'm not on Telly flogging shoes and clothes and telling tales of my desirable lifestyle in order to shift a few more units.

Anyway, what would we talk about on here if not gossip?

It's up to her what she wears, I wear my FitFlops all the time for work, but I'm not on Telly flogging shoes and clothes and telling tales of my desirable lifestyle in order to shift a few more units.

Anyway, what would we talk about on here if not gossip?

I like a good gossip as much as the next person, what I don't like is nit picking about someones appearance or finding fault with nearly everything that they say or do..