Just wondering

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Simon B says he has bought all his xmas present already from qvc (yeah right, well with staff discount............), and if they are not right then he has until the end of January to return them.

Ok, so where the hell do you store all the original packaging then ? and the documentation ? for the next 4 months, loads of plastic bags littering up the place, just in case Aunty Flo doesn't like her Frank Usher scarf, then there are the Amazon boxes, again 'just in case' an online gift has to be returned. Homes in the UK must be buckling under the weight of 'original packaging' until the middle of next year 🤭 🤭

Simon B says he has bought all his xmas present already from qvc (yeah right, well with staff discount............), and if they are not right then he has until the end of January to return them.

Ok, so where the hell do you store all the original packaging then ? and the documentation ? for the next 4 months, loads of plastic bags littering up the place, just in case Aunty Flo doesn't like her Frank Usher scarf, then there are the Amazon boxes, again 'just in case' an online gift has to be returned. Homes in the UK must be buckling under the weight of 'original packaging' until the middle of next year 🤭 🤭
I never keep the packaging for anything. I tear right into it as soon as it arrives. If I've made a mistake, I swallow it. Foolish of me perhaps , but I'm a neat nick and get rid of the plastic and cardboard as soon as I can . If someone bought me a present, I would never tell them I don't like it. Different strokes, I suppose.

In his loft or garage?

I have friends and family who know:

Cash and wine only :p

Cash, I wait until the sales after Xmas and get things I like cheaper. Yes, I look at the lovely things at full price and go will come Boxing Day that will be half price.

I never keep the packaging for anything. I tear right into it as soon as it arrives. If I've made a mistake, I swallow it. Foolish of me perhaps , but I'm a neat nick and get rid of the plastic and cardboard as soon as I can . If someone bought me a present, I would never tell them I don't like it. Different strokes, I suppose.
I mainly buy one off items online - preloved clothes, books, Etsy bits of loveliness & beauty items from companies I've shopped from before so I know what I'm getting in every respect & the packaging gets recycled by me or passed onto others to do the same. I rarely send things back & can't remember the last time I bought something faulty or unsuitable, but I do keep all the packaging & paperwork until I know that it works. I would never tell someone that a present wasn't suitable either, however, as I only receive them from three people who know me really well that's never happened.

I take a photo of all my receipts these days plus I keep the real thing in a file folder for the life of the warranty. The packaging usually goes straight away unless it's something that may be returned because it's unwanted rather than faulty.

I'm a LOT more careful these days with my purchases. I try to buy only what I know I won't return. I can't cope with hassle these days so it's easier to not buy in the first place.

I buy what I want for my sons, their partners, my grandchildren and Mr V`s son and his children. Mr V gives his son`s children some money and I buy them a gift. My own grandchildren don`t get money because they never spend it and have no interest in buying stuff and so I buy them gifts but items which are geared towards their love of art, reading and items for their bedrooms. I also always buy them something "girlie" which this year is a small leather jewellery box and a silver pendant.
I take the view that everybody gets what they`re given and if they don`t like it, then tough. I put a lot of thought into what to buy for them and so far (as far as I know ) they`ve always been more than happy.

The only time I would return a gift is if the size was totally wrong as it would be a waste of money otherwise but if it’s just because I don’t like it I just put it away in a cupboard and eventually get shot of it which again is a waste of money but it’s easier to say it didn’t fit rather than I didn’t like it.

It rarely happens as my days of present buying and receiving has reduced to virtually nil.

The only time I would return a gift is if the size was totally wrong as it would be a waste of money otherwise but if it’s just because I don’t like it I just put it away in a cupboard and eventually get shot of it which again is a waste of money but it’s easier to say it didn’t fit rather than I didn’t like it.

It rarely happens as my days of present buying and receiving has reduced to virtually nil.
I'd never return a gift, just too awkward. If it's something I don't like, then I usually tuck it away somewhere before passing it on to a charity shop. I'd feel too guilty to get rid of it straight away. Yes I agree it's a waste of money, but sometimes worth it, not to hurt someone's feelings. If you donate it, somebody will get use from it and a charity will benefit, so win win!

The only gift I give is a yearly jar of Marmite to a niece who lives in a country where she can't get it. Other than that, nada !

Latest posts

Back