Katie Elliot

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She wore that dress all day yesterday and you saw a bit of side boob more than once. She took a chance wearing it on live TV methinks!

I used to quite like Kati - she was quite level headed, witty and attractive.

Over the past couple of years, she seems to have got a bit more big headed and even more of a poser than Hattie - and, in my opinion, she's gone way overboard on the make up and it's made her look less attractive and made her look older too.
She looked shocking yesterday. Her nose couldn't look any thinner, the contouring was way over the top.
I've only been watching gemporia again since December and in such a short amount of time I've seen her change. Definitely the success going to her head. And we ask ourselves, where would she be if it wasn't for the backing of Steve Bennett. Anyone could be that successful with finances from him.

She wore that dress all day yesterday and you saw a bit of side boob more than once. She took a chance wearing it on live TV methinks!
I'm definitely not a prude but I don't think it was appropriate for TV.
Takes me back to the response posted by S. Bennett a while ago, stating that he would not allow the girls to show too much cleavage.
Well SB what do you say about side boob?????

I'm definitely not a prude but I don't think it was appropriate for TV.
Takes me back to the response posted by S. Bennett a while ago, stating that he would not allow the girls to show too much cleavage.
Well SB what do you say about side boob?????
Has anyone told Adina what Steve said? She's been on the point of spilling out of her dress for years. Obviously he's been happy to allow that, so it seems he was talking the usual BS.

I remember side boobs being a 'thing' kids used to look out for. I didn't see her from the side in that dress, but what would Mary Whitehouse say :p And I too, am far from a prude, I just keep my non-prudery to myself. Don't go flaunting it all over live shopping telly :p

I remember side boobs being a 'thing' kids used to look out for. I didn't see her from the side in that dress, but what would Mary Whitehouse say :p And I too, am far from a prude, I just keep my non-prudery to myself. Don't go flaunting it all over live shopping telly :p
Mary Whitehouse!? Now you're showing your age Ant7t but then again so am I :cool:

I'm amazed that they've not been sued for using the 'Visage' name anyway to be honest, because there is another make-up brand out there, that is more established, that is also called 'Visage'.

I suspect that the set-up within Gemporia is that Kati identifies suppliers and manufacturers of her products, and is the brains behind the brand - but Gemporia have the money and buying clout to order the products - so Gemporia probably 'fund' Visage and Kati probably gets a nice cut of the profits.

Visage is a passion of Kati's - you can just tell.

Hattie, on the other hand, I think just saw a money making opportunity. She made out she 'designed' her products - but I've seen a few people claim that her items were made by another brand and re-badged and sold as Destello. I've seen a couple of stories (im sure one was on this forum) where they'd forgotten to put the 'Destello' label inside, and it instead had the label of the original brand. Hattie would not be seen dead in some of the hideous 'clothes' that she sold.

Kimbie is another that Gemporia claim is 'designed' by a woman called Caroline - however, some of the Kimbie products clearly come from the same supplier that Jainey Bennett used for Gem Auras. Some other products are readily available on Temu. Gemporia have simply bought them in from China and re-sold them on. Even the LinkedIn profile of Caroline states that her career history is as a sourcer of products - not a designer.

Anyone can 'source' products. Not everyone can design. Gemporia need to stop the 'designed in house' BS when products have clearly been sourced in from elsewhere.
Every shopping telly channel has gone through phases of doing just that though. Bid TV had any number of ranges allegedly designed and branded by people you'd never heard of, that presenters insisted were real people. The same with QVC and their Yong Kim fashion range, where the presenters and brand ambassador swore blind that a Ms Yong exists, but was far too shy to ever appear on screen.

QVC has now dumped that sort of thing in favour of paying "big names" like Mrs Eamonn Holmes, Amanda Holden and until recently the much lauded "Baroness" Mone to appear on screen and lend their names to fashion, homewares and jewellery ranges they absolutely definitely had a hand in designing.

QVC has now dumped that sort of thing in favour of paying "big names" like Mrs Eamonn Holmes, Amanda Holden and until recently the much lauded "Baroness" Mone to appear on screen and lend their names to fashion, homewares and jewellery ranges they absolutely definitely had a hand in designing.

Didn't they also have Mandy Dingle? :eek:

Bit sexist that was. Why wasn't Jake warned too?

No, Mandy Dingle was on IW.

Q did have Lisa Snowdon & Andrea McLean though. I’m sure they had Aggie MacKenzie fronting a cleaning range at one point as well.

No, Mandy Dingle was on IW.

Mandy Dingle alongside Peter Simon.

That would be like the chamber of horrors.

She is generally an attractive woman, but that styling and that pout does not do her conk any favours whatsoever.

She looked great until she started going overboard with the make-up. I think she puts it on with a trowel recently.

Every shopping telly channel has gone through phases of doing just that though. Bid TV had any number of ranges allegedly designed and branded by people you'd never heard of, that presenters insisted were real people. The same with QVC and their Yong Kim fashion range, where the presenters and brand ambassador swore blind that a Ms Yong exists, but was far too shy to ever appear on screen.

Yong Kim! Oh yes, I remember those - the bell tents/horse blankets disguised as clothing, with Mrs Tarrant telling us how wonderful they were. Back in the day when I watched QVC they made regular appearances.

Sorry if anyone loved the range, but I could never see the appeal of the items nor the colours, which resembled sludge.

Yong Kim! Oh yes, I remember those - the bell tents/horse blankets disguised as clothing, with Mrs Tarrant telling us how wonderful they were. Back in the day when I watched QVC they made regular appearances.

Sorry if anyone loved the range, but I could never see the appeal of the items nor the colours, which resembled sludge.
Yong Kim clothes looked like something given to inmates in insane asylums to wear; mostly in shades of grey, with the occasional black, striped or lime green piece to stop viewers getting too suicidal at the soul shattering grimness of it all. And most of it pre-wrinkled so you too could look like you've just staggered awake after spending a week long drunken stupor in the dog's bed, or the neighbour's hedge.

And Ingrid Tarrant! I loved her! A stick thin older lady who always appeared on screen wearing most of the range at once. She wasn't a great advert for the range, but she was very enthusiastic about it

Latest posts

Back