Kelly Hoppen Home Designs TSV 19/09/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Looks great if you live in a show home , but with a dog and three cats , its cheap and cheerful for me.

Don't get me wrong ,I don't like them getting on the beds but they have a way if your back is turned,especially the cats.

Sounds like my cats especially the older one, seems to get super charged when I open the bedroom door and bombs in. He's so plush and fluffy he gets fur everywhere.

I've had lots of nice bedding from Argos and ebay. I get bored quickly and like to put different bedding sets on when I change the bed, so now way would I spend ridiculous amounts of money on bedding.

I bought a lovely throw very similar to KH, lovely sculptured design scalloped edges (not the fluffy ones) from ebay a couple of years ago from ebay (£12) it still looks new and used all the time.

I as usual will wait for the Next winter sale and get what I need that, 80% cheaper.

Me too talisker and even at normal prices they are much cheaper and, in my opinion, more variety of styles to choose from.....also Next do fab bath mats. I've got three of the polyester bobble mats at £8 each, normal price, and they look good, feel soft underfoot (even my teenage boy commented which is something) and only cost £8 each. Still selling at that price and have loads of different colours to suit every bathroom decor or taste. Easy to wash and dry so quickly. (I don't work for Next by the way despite my glowing review!)

£200 for a double bed set? Unbelievable.....I can't believe people are willing to pay that

It is a lot of money certainly, though my bedding cost considerably more than that but I view it as therapeutic, as it makes a genuine difference to my sleep & my life in general!
I sleep really badly because of health problems & constant pain & my duvet & bedding are so silky smooth & weightlessly comforting that they honestly make a massive difference & to me, are worth every single penny!

I wouldn't fancy taking my chances on KH's offerings though, I'll stick to what I know & trust! :rock:

I bought a KH throw and cushions. Looked ok but they only lasted 2 washes before they frayed. It's made as cheap as chips but her name adds the ££££££

It is a lot of money certainly, though my bedding cost considerably more than that but I view it as therapeutic, as it makes a genuine difference to my sleep & my life in general!
I sleep really badly because of health problems & constant pain & my duvet & bedding are so silky smooth & weightlessly comforting that they honestly make a massive difference & to me, are worth every single penny!

I wouldn't fancy taking my chances on KH's offerings though, I'll stick to what I know & trust! :rock:

Bedding is trial and error... I find I can't sleep on poly-cotton. Find it very scratchy against my skin. I also can't sleep on cotton sateen. Yet, I can sleep no problem under Cozee Homes 100% polyester. So I vary between 100% cotton and 100% polyester. My favourite for "ordinary" 100% cotton is Dorma, though I will also go for Sheridan. I've got some other 100% cotton but it doesn't compare.

I bought a KH throw and cushions. Looked ok but they only lasted 2 washes before they frayed. It's made as cheap as chips but her name adds the ££££££

That's pretty shocking Mia! If you're forking out for high end stuff you should expect it to be, err, high end.....! I've bought stuff from charity shops (the chihuahua does love her sofa throws, makes nests with them! lol) that's lasted & washed better than that!

:tongue:

Bedding is trial and error... I find I can't sleep on poly-cotton. Find it very scratchy against my skin. I also can't sleep on cotton sateen. Yet, I can sleep no problem under Cozee Homes 100% polyester. So I vary between 100% cotton and 100% polyester. My favourite for "ordinary" 100% cotton is Dorma, though I will also go for Sheridan. I've got some other 100% cotton but it doesn't compare.

That's exactly it May! Now for me the Cozee Homes bedding would be all my nightmares come true, 500TC 100% Egyptian Cotton all the way for me!
OH likes to annoy me in the winter by squeaking 'sheet shock, sheet shock!' (he got this from QVC! lol) but I just tell him to stick a chihuahua on his chilly bits & stop moaning!

:grin:

Sounds like my cats especially the older one, seems to get super charged when I open the bedroom door and bombs in. He's so plush and fluffy he gets fur everywhere.

I've had lots of nice bedding from Argos and ebay. I get bored quickly and like to put different bedding sets on when I change the bed, so now way would I spend ridiculous amounts of money on bedding.

I bought a lovely throw very similar to KH, lovely sculptured design scalloped edges (not the fluffy ones) from ebay a couple of years ago from ebay (£12) it still looks new and used all the time.

I do buy high thread count Egyptian cotton bedding in plain white only & it lasts me ages, so per use its probably working out quite cheap.
The current duvets sets I'm using now are about 7 years old (maybe older) still bright white. I rotate between two sets, they are super King size.
I got a pair of fitted sheets in the house of Fraser blue cross sale reduced to about £75 (from over £200) I was delighted with my bargain & was excitedly telling my workmates who were stunned I paid £75 for a pair of fitted sheets!

Last edited:
i love quality bedding and qvc stuff barring the flannel is not quality. they dont seem to be selling much now i suspect people are not buying as it does not last long. the kelly hoppen tsv is way over priced. any bedding that expensive that needs ironing is a pain

I'm lucky I can sleep on any bedding, I'm like a hamster. So therefore, never in a gazillion years would I spend £200 on bedding. Also, when the husband is watching his sport, I go upstairs and watch a film on Sky in bed, and have been known to drop chocolate and those Snack a Jacks are a bugger for crumbs.

Me too talisker and even at normal prices they are much cheaper and, in my opinion, more variety of styles to choose from.....also Next do fab bath mats. I've got three of the polyester bobble mats at £8 each, normal price, and they look good, feel soft underfoot (even my teenage boy commented which is something) and only cost £8 each. Still selling at that price and have loads of different colours to suit every bathroom decor or taste. Easy to wash and dry so quickly. (I don't work for Next by the way despite my glowing review!)

I got my best bath mats from Matalan.They are the looped bobble type but not too bulky.They wash up a treat.

i love quality bedding and qvc stuff barring the flannel is not quality. they dont seem to be selling much now i suspect people are not buying as it does not last long. the kelly hoppen tsv is way over priced. any bedding that expensive that needs ironing is a pain
As far as I am concerned KH can stick her bedding where the sun don't shine...

I'm lucky I can sleep on any bedding, I'm like a hamster. So therefore, never in a gazillion years would I spend £200 on bedding. Also, when the husband is watching his sport, I go upstairs and watch a film on Sky in bed, and have been known to drop chocolate and those Snack a Jacks are a bugger for crumbs.

This post is comedy gold, thanks for making me chuckle, Shopperholic!!!!

I switched on about 9-15 this morning and there's Jackie' spaniel ears' Kabler spouting on about Kelly ' Noddy Holder' Hoppens sludge coloured bedding at well over £200 and then over we go to Clare 'the hair' Sutton and her silly voice with that awful woman from Decleor. Needless to say I've now switched off and found something better to do. Baking a gingerbread cake.

I switched on about 9-15 this morning and there's Jackie' spaniel ears' Kabler spouting on about Kelly ' Noddy Holder' Hoppens sludge coloured bedding at well over £200 and then over we go to Clare 'the hair' Sutton and her silly voice with that awful woman from Decleor. Needless to say I've now switched off and found something better to do. Baking a gingerbread cake.
Not watching that tripe has got me making my Christmas cakes. I've put it in for too long..

Kelly Stroppen has only put her name to this bedding set and has absolutely no input in the design or style, she wouldn't know it if she fell over it, so much so she couldn't even be arsed showing up at midnight, that's how "passionate" she is about "her" bedding, never mind, so long as the money's safe and secure in the bank hey Kelly.

Whoever invents this type of bedding which needs ironing certainly hasn`t met my husband. I regularly decamp to the spare room because he is a nightmare to sleep with. He wrestles the duvet, beats the living daylights out of the pillows at least 6 times a night, moves around so much that the top of the fitted sheet ends up at the bottom of the bed or vice versa and can be seen lying on his back like a beached whale, one leg hanging over the side of the bed, both arms flung to either side resembling a clock at quarter to three and snoring to boot. Yep I paint a pretty picture don`t I ?
Consequently I don`t need pretty bedding but some which is non creasing, heavy duty and preferably bedding which has had rigorous SAS type testing. He`s the same build as Jim Royle from the Royle Family so every bedding item has to be big in size and if KH wants someone to really road test her bedding, then my hubby is the man for the job.

It's non iron for me all the way.Cottons ok but I cannot be asked with the ironing.

These sets are way too expensive and the design is boring. Claire was pushing the theme of having the designer in your home and having a little bit of Kelly's expertise. Ugh.

It annoys me that none of these diva designers mention their QVC ties when they are interviewed in the press.

Latest posts

Back