Kipling - a personal choice

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
:dull::dull:Has anyone else thought how dull as ditchwater the colour choices of Kipling has become ? for a couple of years now we have had the varying shades of brown, dark blues, greys and maroons. Ok, there have been the jazz greens and fuschia pinks, and several degress of beigy/stone, but by and large there have been no pale colours at all.

From years ago I still have the pale pink, the lovely shade of pale turquoise, a lime green, a gorgeous lavender, and even a mustard - but when was the last yellow of any shade brought out ? well, none thats been on qvc anyway.

I like to take my Kiplings on holiday, but now they are coming across as far too business like to wear with any of my cotton frocks !!!!! and I suppose with autumn/winter coming its unlikely to change.

I agree with you.I always liked kipling for many reasons - firstly not leather.Secondly I found them when my teens were small and back then it seemed hard to find a decent cross body bag,with long enough straps.Thirdly,I loved the quirk of them - I've bought so many kipling bags over the years (I sell them on ebay when I get fed up and hanker after another!) and when I think back to all the fun prints - playing cards,faces made from fruit,fish,alice in wonderland etc...they were very fun and quirky.

Forward to today,I do watch some of the shows,but my goodness it boring.I hate all the various colours of pinks - I even wish blue jean was back as a basic instead of espresso.I can remember them saying a few years back how they'd brought a new designer on board- and I think thats where they lost their quirky.

Interesting comment because I wouldn't use a Kipling bag as my every day work handbag. To me they're casual, functional bags. Great for holidays too but definitely not a work handbag.

Having said that I carry one to work every day with my netbook and paperwork in but that stays in the car unless I'm going straight to my office. I certainly wouldn't take it to a meeting unless it was an internal meeting.

But as has been said here many times ... we all have different tastes and ideas.

I do agree though that the colour palettes are very samey. Lots of neutrals and pinks. Don't think I've ever seen a yellow Kipling bag.

I know and sooo agree R'dottie, - that used to be a regular saying "we have a new designer on board", huh ! obviously having a very long lunch thats all I can say. Well, I have just scrolled through 51 pages on ebay, and what memories !!! all the lovely fresh brightly coloured summer prints, and the interesting designs. Safe to say I've HAD IT with espresso coffee, storm grey, fuschia pink and organic green !!!!!!! I've just splurged on 2 BNWTs !!!!!! Ebay's gain, qvc's loss !!!!

Never knew they did a much brighter range guess this as I came to Kipling late. Bought one on a whim in T K Max and found it really good due to be light and I could cram all my stuff in it. I do like them as a work bag (i'm NHS so can be fairly informal and they are great for home visits as can fit appointment diary, two phones and security thingy and are nice and light before I fill them up). Would love a better range of colours will pop over to Ebay now

I find the Kipling they sell on QVC very boring. I prefer the higher end City range, infact have used my brown April as an everyday bag for well over three years. So it has paid for itself many times over. I did have a cheaper one bought with plastic on the handles which split and cracked after just a year.

Latest posts

Back