Korben on the Jemma Kidd hour

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Northernlights

Registered Shopper
Corben the make up artist...where have I seen him before? X faxtor, pop idol? was he a singer in a former life?

He is Korben Niblett and he was on Pop Idol.

I knew it, funny how I recognised him straight away and it was YEARS ago!

A bit of controversy when he was ejected from the show.... he blamed it on being outed by the press................time has shown that the winner Will Young who is gay , is hugely successful, talented and being gay has not affected his career one bit.............Will is my favourite artist of all time BTW.

Glad to see Korben has a successful alternative career too now. He is the best looking bloke I have ever seen on QVC.

I know him from old, when he was called Chris - used to go to a pub near me. Anything to get his mug on tv. Was in that talent show hosted by Jane McDonald some years ago, then Pop Idol. Was amazed to see that he has now reinvented himself as an 'international make-up artist', which presumably means he has slapped on a bit of blusher whilst abroad :cheeky:

I know him from old, when he was called Chris - used to go to a pub near me. Anything to get his mug on tv. Was in that talent show hosted by Jane McDonald some years ago, then Pop Idol. Was amazed to see that he has now reinvented himself as an 'international make-up artist', which presumably means he has slapped on a bit of blusher whilst abroad :cheeky:

mee-OW! :clapping:

ex mr gay uk too apparently.

he was exceptionally well-moisturised wasnt he? as for being "outed" did he really think people hadnt noticed? he's screaming! :cheeky:

I wouldn't pay Corben to do my make up, that poor models forehead looked like an oil slick.

Will is my favourite artist of all time BTW

Mine too.

I just LOVE him...I have seen him in concert 4 times and last time you could feel the love for him in the concert hall........really feel it. His voice is amazing live and the charisma!......I could go on and on and on.........LOL!!!:heart::heart::heart:

Will Young is the only one I ever voted for (hate reality tv generally) but he is my gulity pleasure, I love his voice, and he was excellent on Question Time too!!

I wouldn't pay Corben to do my make up, that poor models forehead looked like an oil slick.

Not at all tempted by this 'new line'.Finding it difficult to find anything to buy in ' Beauty Day' ( realised how daft that sounds!!) but at one time I would have had to sit on my hands!
I think that being able to buy most things locally without the dreaded P&P has something to do with it or have I just given up?!!!:wonder:

i do wonder at what point they reach saturation with beauty and make up in particular. smashbox, laura gellar, bobby brown, mally, duwop, benefeit, bare essentials and now jemma kidd... the list goes on an on. and then there are all the skincare brands that have make up in the range too.

they all look pretty much the same to me, and with a couple of exceptions even the packaging confirms to a stereotype (slim black perspex with very small logo, round pots with transparent lid).

i bet theyre all made in the same two or three factories and that you could hardly get a ciggie paper between one and the other when it comes to significant differences.

Gobby Young is on with it now. Have to say I think she looks awful - shiny and puffy. Really showing her age as everything seems to be going south, especially around the jaw line. Just goes to show that no matter how much skincare you slap on and how careful you are about keeping out of the sun, you really cannot defy the ageing process :confused:

saucer of milk for fulhamphil.....................:clapping:

Didn't watch the show, but reading his name and the Pop Idol description made me think, so I googled him and I remember him from Pop Idol - quite liked him at the time, so will try and watch another show to see how he's re-invented himself!

Btw - never liked Will Young (still dont) - I was rooting for Gareth as I loved him!

Jealousy is an awful trait Phil. When you have a talent such as Korbens singing voice, he deserves the right to "get his mug on TV" to show it off. So he didn't get fame or fortune, but he's got far more out of it than anyone else that used to go the pub near you thought or hoped he would! As for being an "international make up artist", he has actually worked very hard to achieve that status. He started out, learning the basics, working for Kiko Cosmetics. From Kiko he went on to work for Dior, was a manager for Clarins and now working for Jemma Kidd, travelling across the world, (I think that constitutes as international) promoting their Make Up Accademy. Anyway, I do hope you're doing well for yourself, I shall pass on my best regards. :cheeky:

Latest posts

Back