Lakeland Selling on QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry but why buy through QVC , Lakeland's customer service is excellent!

Sorry but why buy through QVC , Lakeland's customer service is excellent!

Sales volumes.

At least 2 Lakeland bricks-and-mortar shops have been relocated to higher traffic areas in shopping centres as the original locations weren't cutting the mustard sales-wise, that I am aware of. Personally I use their website and their phoneline as much as their Brent Cross store (which is one of the ones I understand moved because the previous location wasn't generating enough footfall).

I just hope they don't come to regret it with QVC's abysmal (by comparison) customer service.

I was amazed when I saw Lakeland in the QVC TV Guide the other day as I would have thought they have nothing to gain from such an association. I do see it's about sales volumes but hope they don't find it counterproductive having QVC as their contact with the public. I only started buying from Lakeland when someone on here (Akimbo?) posted about their amazing Easiyo sale a few months ago. I vowed never to buy Easiyo from QVC again and have since placed two more quite big orders of all sorts of things from Lakeland, always benefiting from free P&P. Half price items together with free P&P - a concept alien to QVC!

We have a really good Lakeland store in town, I love going in for bits and bobs, but would not want to order from Q.

I went to the Lakeland store in Wimbledon the other day and it was great. Clean and tidy, bright and airy, goods well displayed. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I was very impressed and even sent them an email to tell them so. And got a very quick response to thank me. I would not buy via Q especially if the postage is the usual high cost.

I bought quite an expensive airer from my local store I had it months when it broke and I had thrown the receipt away, they replaced straight away!

I don't have a Lakeland near so order online
Their customer service is one of the best
I ordered a mini ice cream maker for my daughter to make dairy free ice cream for her little girl
when if arrive the lid was cracked
I rang Lakeland and they said keep it and they sent a new one plus some little desert bowls direct to my daughter
I try not to go on the website too often as I get carried away especially when there is s sale on :nod:

I ordered a mini ice cream maker for my daughter to make dairy free ice cream for her little girl
I rang Lakeland and they said keep it and they sent a new one plus some little desert bowls direct to my daughter
I try not to go on the website too often as I get carried away especially when there is s sale on :nod:

That's great that, if that was QVC you'd have to send the whole thing back.

Another vote for Lakeland from me.

They let you leave your purchases in store to collect when you have finished shopping then they will carry them for you to your car.

I go to the store at Windermere and it is fab if I can't make it to the store I order on line. I would not dream of ordering from QVC.

I had a dri-buddy, gave it up and bought the dry soon, tower, it is excellent! However, I agree, I'd rather go to Lakeland direct, hope we get one near us when the new shopping centre is completed... Crossing my fingers!

When I used to holiday in England I made a beeline for LL to buy lots of unnecessary bit and bobs. I did order from the catalogue but didn't find the delivery all that great but this was pre internet days. There is now a store about 30 miles away but it is ages since I've been to it. Must go and have a mooch but certainly wouldn't buy off Q.

There used to be a lady who fronted their sales (Michelle I think) who unfortunately passed away from cancer and I recall they used to do big fundraising in her memory. I think they are much bigger fish now but I think if a product gets a bad review they follow it up.

I know! I used to visit the Windermere store when staying with friends... my only way to avoid a VERY expensive shopping trip was to leave the car and walk there! I was as bad with the old Brent Park store. I'm like a kid in a candy store. It's like some men get when going into a DIY or Car/Bike accessories shop.

When I used to holiday in England I made a beeline for LL to buy lots of unnecessary bit and bobs. I did order from the catalogue but didn't find the delivery all that great but this was pre internet days. There is now a store about 30 miles away but it is ages since I've been to it. Must go and have a mooch but certainly wouldn't buy off Q.

There used to be a lady who fronted their sales (Michelle I think) who unfortunately passed away from cancer and I recall they used to do big fundraising in her memory. I think they are much bigger fish now but I think if a product gets a bad review they follow it up.

Michelle Kershaw, her name was. The newsletter they used to send out was really well done. I was really upset when she died not that long after she got married. I never liked the lady who they got in to replace her, I'm afraid. Lakeland have a very strong fundraising connection with Children In Need... which was led from the front by Michelle. They do all sorts of things so people can make fundraising bakes... so a cascade of fundraising.

This is why I worry that this is a risky venture for them. The sales volume might be great... but unless QVC bring out their A game on customer service, they could damage Lakeland's excellent reputation for the highest quality customer service.

Not to mention looking at returned unwashed crusty items languishing on an Outlet shelf to diminish the salubriousness of a Company. I have my doubts about this collaboration too. I'm sure Cook's Essentials can make a ball cake shaped tin and oven cleaner.

I did a survey for QVC some months back(I didn't get anything for it. Prize draw which I never win anything!), but Lakeland was a brand mentioned did I know it. They also mentioned other high street brands would I like QVC to sell? Can't remember individual brands but well known, I had no interest in buying from QVC were my comments.

I suppose Q will be pushing items on EZP! I have a shop nearby at the moment but otherwise I would order from the Lakeland website.Will watch on Q to get the info & demo only.

Latest posts

Back