• Over 70% Of My Orders Arrive Late

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Too Many Problems With Deliveries I No Longer Order From QVC

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bags

Registered Shopper
In light of the "rant thread" and Lillians sucessful refund of the postage she paid for the late arrival of her QVC orders.
I was wondering the % of your orders arriving within the QVC 3-5 day aim of delivery and if you have been successful in having your posatge refunded ?

In light of the "rant thread" and Lillians sucessful refund of the postage she paid for the late arrival of her QVC orders.
I was wondering the % of your orders arriving within the QVC 3-5 day aim of delivery and if you have been successful in having your posatge refunded ?

I did mean to make this poll private to respect voters privacy.
Could it be reviewed to a private poll please.
Thanks Bags
x

I did mean to make this poll private to respect voters privacy.
Could it be reviewed to a private poll please.
Thanks Bags
x

I have made it private and also added in an option that was missing.

Not too sure I understand the purpose of this poll as not every item is the subject of a 3-5 day target, and delivery can be influenced by any number of factors outside of QVC's control i.e. recent bad weather?

Also, percentage of how many and over what period of time? Would have thought someone buying regularly with 50% delayed would have thrown in the towel quite quickly? You're bound to get one late occasionally surely?

I'll go to bed now, think I need sleep! :sleepy:

From recent experience, I generally expect my parcels to arrive in about a week, so that's five working days plus one weekend. I suppose that fits in within the published timetable.

I don't really tend to order from QVC any more though (unless it's a Last Clicks bargain or an item that can't be bought elsewhere) because a week just seems so long compared to the likes of Amazon's next day delivery.

I also find that QVC deliveries are more hassle than they are worth sometimes, because the courier they use seems to think that throwing parcels over the side gate is a safe method of delivery - that's OK(ish) with a handbag on a dry day, but - an electrical item in the snow?!!!!!!!!

I would vote I only order from QVC if the item can't be bought elsewhere for the same price

[B]In view of QVC'S postage refund for arrival of a forum members items outside their aim of 3-5 days.
Please don't forget to vote regarding your refunds for late deliveries.
Thanks Bags
[/B
]

My packges often arrive late but it's not just QVC ones - most mail order ones don't arrive in the time specified. I blame the Post Office - my postman holds on to all packages for me and delivers them in one go. Not so bad when it's a Saturday but annoying during the week when I am at work and I then have to go to the Post Office with a handful of "you were out" cards.

The courier person who delivers my QVC packages is ace - couldn't ask for a better service (unlike Marks & Spencer who I've stopped buying from - 3 times I've paid extra for goods to be delivered on a specified day and instead I get them delivered several days later when their courier company can be bothered to turn up. The rude, unhelpful customer service staff seem shocked that I have the nerve to complain about having my time wasted waiting in for a non-delivery and that I want a refund for the delivery charge :headbang:).

I appreciate that the actual delivery of an item is outside their control but the amount they now charge for P&P means they ought to be using an upmarket courier service and not simply relying on Royal Mail, which they often do.

I appreciate that the actual delivery of an item is outside their control but the amount they now charge for P&P means they ought to be using an upmarket courier service and not simply relying on Royal Mail, which they often do.

Thanks for that.

There does seem very many comments regarding the cost QVC charge for postage.
I thought they were valuable questions to ask.
If the service they charge for is worth the cost and how on the whole they are in meeting their own aim of delivery ?
Surely certain factors do affect deliveries like the weather and Christmas.
But perhaps outside of those periods if they are refunding postage costs for late arrival orders, I wanted to highlight that so we are all made aware.
Also on the whole with delivery times improved to 3-5 days are they fullfilling that ?
So could they be justified at all in what they charge us ?

:flower:

Last edited:
I seem to be one of the luckier ones here as the majority of my orders arrive within 3 days of my getting the "It's on its way" email. I don't order much now (most are re-orders of things I've had and got on with in the past) but even when I was 'order mad,' when I first got Freeview, the only thing that took ages to arrive was a Charlie Bear. It arrived 3 weeks after being ordered because it had been stuck at the bottom of a P.O. basket following last year's snow.

Two items that also went on walkabout were dealt with quickly by CS. One evenutally arrived and the other was replaced after I completed the 'not received' letter. With both items I got the P&P refunded and I didn't ask them to do that. Mind you I was a relative newbie with QVC then ...... I would ask for a refund of the P&P now, because of the information given on this forum.

I do wish they'd have a standard P&P though because some of the charges can't (in my opinion) be justified for the items ordered.

The lovely nice Julian has just commenced the 12 M/D cleaning hour with a comment on QVC's delivery :

"We'll endeavour not always but we will endeavour to get your products to you in the main within 3-5 days, it has sometimes been slightly longer"

:hi: Julian :flower:

I tend to find that if an item is being delivered by Hermes then it arrives in 3-5 working days e.g December Elemis TSV but an item from last clicks took 10 working days. To be honest I expected the latter to be later than usual as it was ordered between Christmas and New Year.

I only order from QVC if it's an item I can't get anywhere else nowadays. I do think the P&P is high but I weigh that against the 30 MBG. Especially if I'm tempted into buying something in the skincare/makeup ranges. But even that rarely happens these days. :flower:

I'm wondering what, in this poll, constitutes 'late'? You have to factor in weekends etc plus I'm still not convinced that I'd call it late because it arrived after the time a company 'aimed' to deliver it.

I'm wondering what, in this poll, constitutes 'late'? You have to factor in weekends etc plus I'm still not convinced that I'd call it late because it arrived after the time a company 'aimed' to deliver it.

Julian clearly spoke as the voice of QVC this afternoon saying they aim to deliver between 3-5 days.
There was no mention of weekends, after all my courier and postie both work Saturdays.
Late would be later than 5 days.

:star:

Julian clearly spoke as the voice of QVC this afternoon saying they aim to deliver between 3-5 days.
There was no mention of weekends, after all my courier and postie both work Saturdays.
Late would be later than 5 days.

:star:

But he said 'endeavour' and 'aim' that doesn't mean guarantee so, unless something is consistently really late, they seem to be covered.

Latest posts

Back