Laura Geller Dream Creams Lip Palette

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I do.

Keep nails short, Seche Vite basecoat, two coats of colour and then Seche Vite topcoat.

Thank you Bensmum, sounds very similar to my routine except Seche Vite basecoat.
Would you say that Seche Vite basecoat makes all the difference?
And how long does your manicure last?

BTW, bought the Lipcote after work, will report on it tomorrow. Apparently on the box is says Best of Vouge 2011.

I applied Lipcote twice today and it wasn't successful I'm afraid.
First time I closed my lips before it dried and some lipstick came off.
Second time I dried Lipcote properly but it started to crack and come off in pieces after eating lunchtime.
I did cover my lips in foundation first, then applied LG lipstick, then blotted lipstick on paper and repeated (did it twice) and then put the lipcote on.
I will still persevere since I do want it it to work.
Any tips please?

I had lipcote in the 80's stung like hell and cracked my lips they were so dry. The "matter" the lippy the longer it lasts, also go for one with a more waxy texture like Bobbi brown. Don't use a balm underneath but a bit of foundation or Laura Geller lip spackle is good. Always use a nice waxy lip liner to stop "bleeding". Also use more than one coat blotting with a tissue in between and a slick of gloss on top. This has been my preferred method when at work, and if applied with a lip brush it is better than the bullet. Having said all that my fave lippy at the mo is Laura Geller Italian marble in berry banana. I now have about 3 on the go, it is moist so has no staying power at all so keep having to reapply but it's the perfect shade and comfortable texture for me so staying power is not what I am looking for.

I tried the LG lipstick palette this thread is about but sent it back as the colours were all wrong for me, I guess that's what you expect with a palette, you won't like them all. However I did like the texture, so it was a shame. I also think Bare Escentuals lipsticks are fab. Like Bobbi brown the texture is just right. Not too matte and just the right amount of creaminess.

I'm not a massive fan of lipstick. I prefer lipgloss so I'm used to having to reapply all the time. I liked the texture of the LG lippie from the Vanilla Nudes but it was too pale and I quite like the colour of the last TSV lippie but it's a really funny texture. Thought this one might have been a winner but there's no lippie in the kit!

And I cannot get any nail polish to stay beyond four days no matter what so I just live with it. Even Shellac or the OPI gels won't last the quoted time. About a week is my limit for Shellac and a bit longer for the OPI. But the up side is that my nails grow like the clappers and are usually like talons. Can't win 'em all.

interesting thread.

i had the lg compact in a tsv and really liked it.

i tried lipcote in the 80's too but was really disappointed. it never dried and stayed permanently sticky.

i've been experimenting with the lipcote as have been away from base a couple of times. results were better with the laura geller lipstick than a boots number 7. i wouldn't use it every day as i think it could be drying.

I have now found a lipstick I was searching for, it's Maybelline 24Hour lipstick.
You can try it on your hand in Boots, wait 60 seconds - it doesn't come off until you remove it with something oily.
A little (very little) may come off at lunch but most of it will stay.
It comes with a balm for shine which I don't use.
I hope that you like it as it is brilliant.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back