Le Creuset TSV 27/08/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm sure they are good quality but I thought the whole point of Le Creuset was the nice colours and chunky style. This is just a bit uninteresting although I don't mind the lady that comes and does all the demos.

CC
Exactly, and yes, I'd expect to pay more for the original and best (though I think nowadays you'd be able to pick up a lookalikey with comparable quality at a fraction of the price) - but when it comes down to the more mundane stuff, you're paying for the name only, and it's a lot of extra money to pay and frankly not worth it. I want to know why they're charging £33 for this little metal claw to remove corks from Champagne/sparkling wine bottles. We have one and it's identical bar the name Le crueset stamped on the top - We paid £4 for ours!!! Utter pi$$take!

Exactly, and yes, I'd expect to pay more for the original and best (though I think nowadays you'd be able to pick up a lookalikey with comparable quality at a fraction of the price) - but when it comes down to the more mundane stuff, you're paying for the name only, and it's a lot of extra money to pay and frankly not worth it. I want to know why they're charging £33 for this little metal claw to remove corks from Champagne/sparkling wine bottles. We have one and it's identical bar the name Le crueset stamped on the top - We paid £4 for ours!!! Utter pi$$take!
I have a few of the older le Creuset in the large casserole style last forever but that's all I like.

The BA said you could bake a chocolate CAKE in it, but when it came out all gooey she had conveniently forgotten about that and said it was a chocolate PUDDING.
I saw that but hadn’t heard her say it was a cake so thought it was some sort of (under-cooked) chocolate fondant! Very gooey!

Overall though, I do like that BA. She seems confident and competent!

Latest posts

Back