Leighton Denny TSV - 30/09/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Although Leighton may be honest and passionate about his products there has been an aura of desperation about him for about a year now that I've noticed, to sell, sell, sell.
And when he suggested to sell bits and pieces on ebay, to me it is that he wants to sell his stock to us and let us deal with "spare" bits, if there's any, so there will be no returns to QVC. I don't mean to be negative but that's how I saw it.

Last edited:
I love Julia's black sandals she is wearing in the TSV hour, checked website, no result for them. Anyone knows what they may be? Thanks.

Someone on here said they are Clarks, but I think a previous season so unlikely to be on sale now.

Try Clarks online and the sales section, they might be there.

My money's safe anyway. I only like two colours, one of which is similar to another one ive already got, I don't like his top coat or that miracle drops stuff, I wouldn't use the renovate, and there's not one of the auto delivery colours that I like. Well done Leighton mate, you've saved me a fortune.

That neutral shade in the TSV is the same colour as diarrhoea. No ways am I wearing that on my fingernails. People will wonder where I've been putting my fingers.
LOL :grin: Q describes it as taupe but diarrhoea or mud are better descriptions imho. I'm so happy that someone else shares my opinion on this colour, it's not new cos it's been flogged to death by most of the presenters for a couple of months now and is vile imo.

The screen asking you to accept the auto delivery seems to suggest that postage is only charged on the first shipment:

"Receive the Leighton Denny 8 Piece Cause a Scene Collection every 90 days for the QVC Price for as long as you stay in the plan. Pay P&P on first shipment only. Cancel anytime."

I've saved a screen dump in case anyone wants to argue the toss with customer service if this sin't the case.

Jude xx

I noticed this too - didn't think to save a copy though!

Em xXx

I'm happy to email it to anyone or I'll copy & paste it here when I get home from the ebil high street!

Anyone ordering the AD later today can you look to see whether they've amended the wording.

Jude xx

Someone on here said they are Clarks, but I think a previous season so unlikely to be on sale now.

Try Clarks online and the sales section, they might be there.

Thank you Donna, tried Clarks without luck. I will check Barrats and Office now.
A saw something similar in Alders years ago but hesitated, now seeing something like this on JR did like it.

...when I get home from the ebil high street!

Jude xx
OMG!!!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! :eek: Jude's only gone and ventured out into the DREADED HIGH STREET!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: What was she thinking...why has she done this!!?? :mysmilie_13: Quick, we must have a group hug and pray she's wearing her hard hat, flak jacket and steel toe-capped boots. :bandit:

The screen asking you to accept the auto delivery seems to suggest that postage is only charged on the first shipment:

"Receive the Leighton Denny 8 Piece Cause a Scene Collection every 90 days for the QVC Price for as long as you stay in the plan. Pay P&P on first shipment only. Cancel anytime."

I've saved a screen dump in case anyone wants to argue the toss with customer service if this sin't the case.

Jude xx

Somebody has posted on the FB page that they queried this and it's a mistake. However there is a contract formed when the goods are dispatched so if they don't tell you any different then they should stick to this.

PinkPussyCat - my village's HighStreet is delightful. £store and two cake shops, yes 2! Delish. Save the hard hat, flakt jacket and steel-toe capped boots for posts on here ...Thankfully, in the minority. =^.^=

Happy to report I'm back from M&S in one piece, bought 6 x plain glass tumblers for £6 and had a coffee and cheese scone. Oh how awful it felt to not fork out £4.95 in p&p...I really felt I was missing out!

Back on the sofa with lappytappy and QVC but thanks for everyone's concern.

Jude xx

Not only did I go to the high street yesterday, I bought Elemis, L'Occitane and Liz Earle. It was extremely pleasant I'm the sunshine. I got a lift in, stopped for a drink half way round and hopped on the bus to get home. My drink and bus fare cost precisely £5 so certainly less than my postage for the things I "could" have got from QVC.

I'm happy shopping at QVC buy I'm equally happy to go to the dreaded high street.

Happy to report I'm back from M&S in one piece, bought 6 x plain glass tumblers for £6 and had a coffee and cheese scone. Oh how awful it felt to not fork out £4.95 in p&p...I really felt I was missing out!

Jude xx
You're very brave hon. :whew: But I guess the cheese scone made it all worthwhile. :flower:

When I switched to Q this morning it was LD trying to flog four "season colours" auto-delivery packs, each with a colour co-ordinated glass file - uh?

Why would you want four glass files? - suppose you could always "gift" them..:wonder:

Hope this attaches ok, here's the auto-delivery acknowledgement page for the LD TSV. I think, given that there's less risk involved in producing auto-delivery drops QVC should offer them without p&p. Afterall they're getting buyers to commit to spending over £120 on nail varnish over the next 9 months!

Jude xx

Capture QVC AD.jpg

Akimbo - could you possibly e-mail me the screenshot? It's [email protected]

Thank you!

Em xXx

You don't need the screenshot. QVC are fully aware of the message on AD checkout and are "looking into it". If they have made a mistake and even if they correct it now, anyone who has ordered up to now will not have to pay P&P because they have agreed to pay for the order on that basis - "Click Yes to authorise automatic shipment of your order as stated above.."

I am surprised they can't get an answer much more quickly. If the message about no P&P on future AD drops is right and should not be appearing, it's costing them nearly £15 for every person who has placed an order, if they continue with all 3 auto deliveries, and by this time on a TSV day, that's probably 10,000 or more? So £150,000 they're down!! If the message is right on the other hand, they should be telling viewers during the presentations (Alison K definitely said there was P&P on every drop on the 2-3pm show).

Hope this attaches ok, here's the auto-delivery acknowledgement page for the LD TSV. I think, given that there's less risk involved in producing auto-delivery drops QVC should offer them without p&p. Afterall they're getting buyers to commit to spending over £120 on nail varnish over the next 9 months!

Jude xx

View attachment 8185

I agree, Akimbo. Call it our Autumn Loyalty Gift!!

Jude xx

And of course you don't have the anticipation that builds up whilst you wait about a week for your purchase to be delivered.

Latest posts

Back