Letter Re Elemis 400ml Cleanser & Toner Set

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

my_old_mans_a_dustman

Registered Shopper
I just received a letter from QVC.

Dear Mrs .....

Thank you for your recent purchase of the above item.

When the above item was recently aired it was shown at the QVC price of £49.00. However, due to an error the price on Q-Cut, QVC Active and qvcuk.com was showing as £19.25.

As a gesture of goodwill for the error that we made, we would like to inform you that we will be honouring the £19.25 price that you have paid for this item.

Should you have any further queries or questions please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department on 0800 51 41 31 who will be happy to help.

Thanks for shopping with QVC.

Yours sincerely

Sue Roscoe
Customer Focus Manager

The only question I got for them is can I have another 6 sets at the £19.25 price?:4:

I got one too. Bizarre really as I received my order last week. They'd have been in deep sh1t if they'd shipped all the orders and then tried to charge us more.

I just received a letter from QVC.

Dear Mrs .....

Thank you for your recent purchase of the above item.

When the above item was recently aired it was shown at the QVC price of £49.00. However, due to an error the price on Q-Cut, QVC Active and qvcuk.com was showing as £19.25.

As a gesture of goodwill for the error that we made, we would like to inform you that we will be honouring the £19.25 price that you have paid for this item.

Should you have any further queries or questions please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department on 0800 51 41 31 who will be happy to help.

Thanks for shopping with QVC.

Yours sincerely

Sue Roscoe
Customer Focus Manager

The only question I got for them is can I have another 6 sets at the £19.25 price?:4:

Is it me, or do others find this letter sinister? As QVC have honoured the orders that were placed (and well done for doing that) surely that’s the end of the matter.

The mistake was theirs. Writing to those people that benefited from it, implies that they did something wrong by ordering it.

I think QVC did the honourable thing by sending out the item, but the tone of this letter is (to me) ‘Big Brother is watching you’, and I for one don’t like it.

Maybe QVC need to go on a letter writing skills course.

Is it me, or do others find this letter sinister? As QVC have honoured the orders that were placed (and well done for doing that) surely that’s the end of the matter.

The mistake was theirs. Writing to those people that benefited from it, implies that they did something wrong by ordering it.

I think QVC did the honourable thing by sending out the item, but the tone of this letter is (to me) ‘Big Brother is watching you’, and I for one don’t like it.

Yea I agree with you Pinkmoon, it is a bit strange after the fact they send out a letter, costing them even more loss:33:

how funny. histerical even. qvc did not have to honour this though if it was a mistake. they could have withdrawn the item from sale.love it!

I'm wondering if maybe they're trying to cover their backs by admitting it was an error, just in case people complain that it's gone up almost £30 from £19.25 to £49.75. Just a thought.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if maybe they're trying to cover their backs by admitting it was an error, just in case people complain that it's gone up almost £30 from £19.25 to £49.75. Just a thought.

Eek! Never thought of that Topaz. That's a much more charitable way of looking at it:1: I must have got out of the grumpy side of bed today:rolleyes:

Letter re Elemist 400ml Cleanser & Toner Set

Eek! Never thought of that Topaz. That's a much more charitable way of looking at it:1: I must have got out of the grumpy side of bed today:rolleyes:

Pinkmoon, after all my grumbling over the last couple of days, I needed a change of scenery so rolled across the bed!!

Got the letter too, and didn't like the tone either
They didn't have to send the letter out at all
I feel like QVC wants to give us the impression that they are such a friendly company, almost a charity and we should be grateful for their generosity

Well, they made mistake, they just could have stopped the items to be posted. Most probably some parcels were already shipped and the problem was handled too late.

I got the letter too and my order is on Waitlist.

Doubt I'll ever get it though!

my only thoughts on reading it were "too bloomin right you're honouring the price!", then it went in the bin!! :D

a major faux pas for QVC, a few thousand (possibly) orders with NO profit for them! just shows how good their systems/process checks are doesn't it...

here's to the next one - eyes peeled ladies! ;)

Latest posts

Back