Lifestyle closing down

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

you are correct I'm not forced to watch anything but I have every right to complain about poor service when complaints are ignored. You are very defensive of Gems. I wonder why. They were a great company once upon a time!! This has become very boring don't you think in your words time to move on.
Complaints about what though? It’s a retail business, I’m struggling to see what the problem is if you’re not buying. I’m not defensive at all, I’m simply replying to a feed that was dramatic and aggressive and seemed to have an agenda. If it’s boring, turn over, or don’t reply, you have that power!

Hi "Jainey". I can see you recently joined - today. Interesting choice of name. Either you are Jainey or you are using her name to try to add "leverage" to your posts or induce a chilling effect on the conversation here.
This is, as the title suggests, a Shopping TV Forum. People come here to discuss their thoughts and opinions on shopping telly channels. If you check the forum you will find positive and negative posts. Which you get in any public space and dialogue - especially where freedom of speech is valued as a human right.
I think what the complaints are is quite apparent. Long refund periods. Misleading selling, for example Nilimani - and so forth.
A lot of people here are concerned about the stability of Gemporia - myself included. The sudden exit of many presenters and the shutting down of a channel is more than enough reason for people to have concerns - especially if those concerns are not addressed. Things are tight for people at the moment. They fear losing money if a business shuts. That is understandable. They don't want others to lose their money - likewise understandable.
If there is nothing to fear the company should come straight out and address this. If you are Jainey Bennett perhaps you can suggest that to them? Rather than accuse people of being disgruntled employees and other smear tactics -perhaps you could address the issues raised here and the concerns? That would be useful instead of merely incendiary. I do find it strange that you seem to have joined just to attack posters on this thread. Feel free to correct me if that is wrong - and if so, I will surely apologise.
Here, in black and white, your right of reply. An invitation to put our anxieties - as customers - to rest.

Hi "Jainey". I can see you recently joined - today. Interesting choice of name. Either you are Jainey or you are using her name to try to add "leverage" to your posts or induce a chilling effect on the conversation here.
This is, as the title suggests, a Shopping TV Forum. People come here to discuss their thoughts and opinions on shopping telly channels. If you check the forum you will find positive and negative posts. Which you get in any public space and dialogue - especially where freedom of speech is valued as a human right.
I think what the complaints are is quite apparent. Long refund periods. Misleading selling, for example Nilimani - and so forth.
A lot of people here are concerned about the stability of Gemporia - myself included. The sudden exit of many presenters and the shutting down of a channel is more than enough reason for people to have concerns - especially if those concerns are not addressed. Things are tight for people at the moment. They fear losing money if a business shuts. That is understandable. They don't want others to lose their money - likewise understandable.
If there is nothing to fear the company should come straight out and address this. If you are Jainey Bennett perhaps you can suggest that to them? Rather than accuse people of being disgruntled employees and other smear tactics -perhaps you could address the issues raised here and the concerns? That would be useful instead of merely incendiary. I do find it strange that you seem to have joined just to attack posters on this thread. Feel free to correct me if that is wrong - and if so, I will surely apologise.
Here, in black and white, your right of reply. An invitation to put our anxieties - as customers - to rest.
I am not here to attack anyone, in fact, I’ve done the opposite if you’ve actually read anything I’ve written. I’m not writing any smear campaigns, that seems to be the purpose of “the man with no name” who weirdly seems to have business knowledge (true or not ) I apologise if I’ve offended you, it’s not the case: I simply wanted to speak up as a fan of gems tv, of the presenters, the people behind the scenes and those that seem to be getting a bad wrap of late on here. I have no insights or help. The gemporia we know has changed, so had the world. Prices have gone up in gas and electric. Oh, gemstone prices have gone up, who would’ve guessed. Your suggestions? All I see is negatives (not directed at you) don’t watch if you don’t like, but if you do watch, DONT BULLY. These presenters are human, are you any better?

Jainey, is this directed at me? "These presenters are human, are you any better?". I think my post was pretty well measured. I have, in the past, expressed my honest opinon of presenters. Good and bad. As you say I can turn over - and I do. But I also have a right to an opinion and to be honest most people who go for careers in the media know they will get some form of "flak". It goes with the turf. I have been on the receiving end myself - I am no stranger to the media - but I have always said my right to freedom of speech means I have to allow others the same degree of freedom. So, I did. I made no complaints. I did not ask for webpages to be taken down and trust me, what I got was much worse that what is here. If what I have said makes me a "bully" in your opinion, then so be it.
To be honest, as a long-time customer and viewer a lot of what the Man with No Name has said I agree with to some degree. Hard as it is read through it with some degree of emotional detatchment. At the very least there is some valuable feedback there for the company. People, customers, are feeling this way and have these concerns. Some companies and corporations pay fortunes to market research companies to get these kind of insights. There is less disposable income around, competion to get slices of that income are increasing a glimpse into customer concerns could be invaluable to the management.

Nope, wasn’t directed at you at all, like I said. Whoever this man with no name is, they clearly are emotional and have an agenda. Be careful what you read into what people say. Yep, it’s a forum, but there’s no need to be nasty to others. Why should they expect “flack”?! That makes no sense at all. Likewise someone serving at a coffee shop should be shouted at because they are customer facing? Whatever you believe is up to you, we are so far off topic now. A forum for shopping tv does not mean just moaning and moaning unless that’s all this is

Unfortunately, "flak" comes with the turf if you have any kind of public platform. Always has, even pre-internet, because you become a public figure - the public comment on you. (If you have a mind read up on Habermas's theory of the public sphere and also for a more critical, political angle Chomsky's Propaganda Model.) The same way friends talk about each other - and if you have even listened in to any of those conversations you will know they are not always pleasant. Human nature is, regrettably not all sunbeams and light, there are shadows and shadow-selves there too. Also people are more likely to post negative reviews than positive. Personally, I never totally "got" that - but it seems to be true.
I think Gemporia has lost it's way a bit and, personally, I am worried about their shutting a channel. Partly because I don't want to lose my money but also because I don't like to see people losing their jobs. Particularly, not at the moment. I genuinely hope all is well. But if we, here on the forum, are worried - a lot of the other punters will be too and that could impact sales.
Likewise, I do hope you are not offended by any of my comments. But I do stand by my concerns and thoughts.

Unfortunately, "flak" comes with the turf if you have any kind of public platform. Always has, even pre-internet, because you become a public figure - the public comment on you. (If you have a mind read up on Habermas's theory of the public sphere and also for a more critical, political angle Chomsky's Propaganda Model.) The same way friends talk about each other - and if you have even listened in to any of those conversations you will know they are not always pleasant. Human nature is, regrettably not all sunbeams and light, there are shadows and shadow-selves there too. Also people are more likely to post negative reviews than positive. Personally, I never totally "got" that - but it seems to be true.
I think Gemporia has lost it's way a bit and, personally, I am worried about their shutting a channel. Partly because I don't want to lose my money but also because I don't like to see people losing their jobs. Particularly, not at the moment. I genuinely hope all is well. But if we, here on the forum, are worried - a lot of the other punters will be too and that could impact sales.
Likewise, I do hope you are not offended by any of my comments. But I do stand by my concerns and thoughts.
Never offended by what you’ve said, you seem very insightful instead of what the other people have been saying. I agree, talk is the best, but the whole “they deserve the flack” is very old hat, they are doing a job, they are real people. In that sense, likewise, I can say what I want to you here, because you are a forum, so it’s open territory. But, I’m not like that, I have respect for people and those people on tv also deserve respect. I’m sure there were new faces that you didn’t like, but learnt to over time. Life is tough, but shopping tv is different, we can turn off, we can chose not to comment or buy. If it closes, it’s only our fault, as we are the ones that can actually make the difference. Yes, prices are higher. Yes, we might not like the changes. But, that seems to be the same with a lot lately: the difference is, this forum is horrible towards to the people involved. It’s not cool and no one would dare do it to their faces. None of my comments are directed to you as you seem to be clear and a happy viewer with valid points! My last point is, is the channel goes, how many angry feeds on this forum will come up saying that they miss it when they didn’t actually support it?

Wow, you seem to have his CV saved. Why are you so invested in his work history? Seems to me like your posts are quite toxic and somehow geared towards putting people off gemporia. Disgruntled employee? Or are you going to hide behind your stupid keyboard warrior name? Happy to exchange more details if you have the bottle to do it. Me thinks you’ll be cowering under a blanket after the offer though. Your move

Jainey Bennett I presume?

Colin's CV can be found within 20 seconds of typing his name into Google. His Linkedin profile is open for all to see. It really is that easy. No "CV saving" or "investing in work history" required.

Toxic posts? No, they're honest posts. Not quite sure why you've singled out my post when many others on this same forum are all talking about the same issues and / or agreeing with what I've said.

Keyboard warrior? Grow up. I've said nothing personal about presenters or staff. I've passed comments about their 'on-air' broadcasting style.

As for my posts supposedly being "geared towards putting people off Gemporia" and "Toxic" - not sure how you've come to that conclusion.

I've mentioned that:

1. The price pledge is being honoured less and less these days. This is FACT.
2. Long delays in refunds. This is also confirmed by many others on this forum. This is FACT.
3. Reselling returned items before refunding customers. This has happened, and still happens. This is FACT.
4. Staff leaving / Redundancies. The evidence can be seen on screen this week. This is FACT.
5. The reduction of Jewellery Maker hours. Broadcasting hours were cut. This is FACT.
6. Price increases. Exactly that. This is FACT (although in fairness, prices are increasing everywhere).
7. Lower quality at higher prices. As I said, more plated jewellery than before, filled Amazonite, dyed Lapis - stones that were once untreated on Gemporia. This is FACT.
8. Dubious claims. Speaks for itself. This is FACT.
9. 'Cheap' presenters replacing 'proper' presenters? This was said with a question mark. It was a question. Nothing more, nothing less.
10. Potential misleading customers with the changing of gemstone names. This happens and can be proven. Therefore, this is FACT.
11. Cutting corners / costs. No gem collector boxes provided any more. No gem boxes provided any more. Thinner COA's, the old white cardboard boxes replaced with cheaper poorer quality brown cardboard boxes. Again, these are true and can be proven. Therefore, this is FACT.
12. Lack of quality control and checking of gemstone treatments for correctness. I've made a number of purchases where the treatments have been listed incorrectly. There are also examples on the websites where the treatments are still incorrect. Therefore, this is FACT.
13. Confused business model: Jewellery Maker strands on Gem Collector. Gem Collector stones on Jewellery Maker. Primal Living products on Gems TV and Jewellery Maker. This is FACT.

What part of all of those FACTS are "toxic" and "geared towards putting people off Gemporia"? If those FACTS put people off Gemporia, then it is GEMPORIA that is putting people off Gemporia - not me.

Also, rather than disagreeing and telling me how I'm wrong, you are adamant that I am a disgruntled employee because you feel that I "know too much" - which appears to indicate that you recognise what I'm talking about, and therefore acknowledge that it is true?

It cannot be "toxic" and "geared towards putting people off Gemporia" if it is true, and visible to all viewers - which is what I am (was) - a (ex) Gemporia customer (whether you wish to believe that is your prerogative). Rather than whinging about the FACTS that I'm posting, why not take them on board and actually make appropriate changes at Gemporia. Perhaps then, customers will be happy again, custom will increase, and the need too make redundancies, close channels and cut costs won't be needed in the future.

Jainey Bennett I presume?

Colin's CV can be found within 20 seconds of typing his name into Google. His Linkedin profile is open for all to see. It really is that easy. No "CV saving" or "investing in work history" required.

Toxic posts? No, they're honest posts. Not quite sure why you've singled out my post when many others on this same forum are all talking about the same issues and / or agreeing with what I've said.

Keyboard warrior? Grow up. I've said nothing personal about presenters or staff. I've passed comments about their 'on-air' broadcasting style.

As for my posts supposedly being "geared towards putting people off Gemporia" and "Toxic" - not sure how you've come to that conclusion.

I've mentioned that:

1. The price pledge is being honoured less and less these days. This is FACT.
2. Long delays in refunds. This is also confirmed by many others on this forum. This is FACT.
3. Reselling returned items before refunding customers. This has happened, and still happens. This is FACT.
4. Staff leaving / Redundancies. The evidence can be seen on screen this week. This is FACT.
5. The reduction of Jewellery Maker hours. Broadcasting hours were cut. This is FACT.
6. Price increases. Exactly that. This is FACT (although in fairness, prices are increasing everywhere).
7. Lower quality at higher prices. As I said, more plated jewellery than before, filled Amazonite, dyed Lapis - stones that were once untreated on Gemporia. This is FACT.
8. Dubious claims. Speaks for itself. This is FACT.
9. 'Cheap' presenters replacing 'proper' presenters? This was said with a question mark. It was a question. Nothing more, nothing less.
10. Potential misleading customers with the changing of gemstone names. This happens and can be proven. Therefore, this is FACT.
11. Cutting corners / costs. No gem collector boxes provided any more. No gem boxes provided any more. Thinner COA's, the old white cardboard boxes replaced with cheaper poorer quality brown cardboard boxes. Again, these are true and can be proven. Therefore, this is FACT.
12. Lack of quality control and checking of gemstone treatments for correctness. I've made a number of purchases where the treatments have been listed incorrectly. There are also examples on the websites where the treatments are still incorrect. Therefore, this is FACT.
13. Confused business model: Jewellery Maker strands on Gem Collector. Gem Collector stones on Jewellery Maker. Primal Living products on Gems TV and Jewellery Maker. This is FACT.

What part of all of those FACTS are "toxic" and "geared towards putting people off Gemporia"? If those FACTS put people off Gemporia, then it is GEMPORIA that is putting people off Gemporia - not me.

Also, rather than disagreeing and telling me how I'm wrong, you are adamant that I am a disgruntled employee because you feel that I "know too much" - which appears to indicate that you recognise what I'm talking about, and therefore acknowledge that it is true?

It cannot be "toxic" and "geared towards putting people off Gemporia" if it is true, and visible to all viewers - which is what I am (was) - a (ex) Gemporia customer (whether you wish to believe that is your prerogative). Rather than whinging about the FACTS that I'm posting, why not take them on board and actually make appropriate changes at Gemporia. Perhaps then, customers will be happy again, custom will increase, and the need too make redundancies, close channels and cut costs won't be needed in the future.
No, I’m not jainey bennet. All you’re doing is deflecting from what I’ve said, who are you? None of what you’ve said are FACTS. Just because you are writing then I point laden fashion, doesn’t make your arguments stand out more. It simply shows how angry you are. “Dubious claims”- please explain . “Potential misleading customers”- potential can’t be a FACT now can it?
Confused business model- what does that even mean? They use products across channels that is owned by the same company- it’s cross promotion. Again, as a viewer I wouldn’t be worried about that and their business model.
Also, I can disagree with you all I want. You seem very angry and toxic. I mean, you must’ve spent a good hour or two replying. All this because you don’t like gemporia? It’s a shopping channel, don’t like it, don’t watch it. You clearly have another agenda.
Come back at me with the actual FACTS, yours are statements without any clear back up. What purchases did you make that QC missed? How do you know gemstones were renamed?

No, I’m not jainey bennet. All you’re doing is deflecting from what I’ve said, who are you? None of what you’ve said are FACTS. Just because you are writing then I point laden fashion, doesn’t make your arguments stand out more. It simply shows how angry you are. “Dubious claims”- please explain . “Potential misleading customers”- potential can’t be a FACT now can it?
Confused business model- what does that even mean? They use products across channels that is owned by the same company- it’s cross promotion. Again, as a viewer I wouldn’t be worried about that and their business model.
Also, I can disagree with you all I want. You seem very angry and toxic. I mean, you must’ve spent a good hour or two replying. All this because you don’t like gemporia? It’s a shopping channel, don’t like it, don’t watch it. You clearly have another agenda.
Come back at me with the actual FACTS, yours are statements without any clear back up. What purchases did you make that QC missed? How do you know gemstones were renamed?
I'm me. Who are you?

For someone that isn't "connected to the channel", you seem ultra defensive.

As you're not connected to the channel, you really dont need to worry then do you, so i don't need to explain how I know things.

Unless..... you're telling lies, and you are connected to the channel?.....

Another deflection.
Why are you so invested? You sound like a disgruntled employee, past or present.
Come at me with the FACTS you state, you’re just ignoring what I’ve said as you’re just hiding your own agenda and been found out.
You have the power to turn the channel over or off if you’re not happy.
Plus, isn’t it a little early for you to be like this? Man with no name, get outside, the sun is out, enjoy life, get off this forum for s few mins

Another deflection.
Why are you so invested? You sound like a disgruntled employee, past or present.
Come at me with the FACTS you state, you’re just ignoring what I’ve said as you’re just hiding your own agenda and been found out.
You have the power to turn the channel over or off if you’re not happy.
Plus, isn’t it a little early for you to be like this? Man with no name, get outside, the sun is out, enjoy life, get off this forum for s few mins

Why are YOU so invested in me being invested?

Early for me to be like this? I'm calm. You're the one ranting and raving.

I'll repeat again. Irony and hypocrisy.

A double reply, thanks so much. No replies about your facts though. Hmm, that’s interesting. Me thinks you’ve been found out yet again! Walk ya dogs, the weather is decent. You can’t be this bitter in real life surely? Unless you have gems tv to watch

A double reply, thanks so much. No replies about your facts though. Hmm, that’s interesting. Me thinks you’ve been found out yet again! Walk ya dogs, the weather is decent. You can’t be this bitter in real life surely? Unless you have gems tv to watch

The facts have been posted. Try reading instead of following me around the forum trying to pick me up for things that you're actually doing yourself.

If you're going to pull people up for things, it's a good idea to check you're not doing those things yourself otherwise it makes you look a hypocrite and not very bright.

I’ve read what you’ve put. I’m waiting for the actual FACTS. As for not being very bright, ah, you are being nasty again. Want a hug? You not watching Gems TV today then? Hoping they’ve got some Jade on

I’ve read what you’ve put. I’m waiting for the actual FACTS. As for not being very bright, ah, you are being nasty again. Want a hug? You not watching Gems TV today then? Hoping they’ve got some Jade on

You haven't got time to give hugs. Spend the time more wisely by processing customer refunds

I’m retired. So, can’t really do that. I don’t work for Gems TV, do you?

I’m retired. So, can’t really do that. I don’t work for Gems TV, do you?

As you don't work for them, you don't need to stress yourself out about what I'm typing then do you, so go out and enjoy your retirement instead of moaning about someone moaning.

Latest posts

Back