Lifestyle closing down

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A relative bought me the "winter cream" (think that is the name) its like Vicks but stronger to my untrained eye

It is really effective so I will buy as much as that as I can afford if I see it for a decent priceYes it’s excellent.
Yes I agree it’s excellent. I bought it when it was on 3-2. It’s far more potent than Vicks and you don’t need much of it. A really effective balm.

Have you noticed the amount of staff leaving Gemporia's employ lately: Hayley, Ellis'producer, Alex, presenter from Gem Collector, Laura and Rachel Angeline's producers, Rob, the cameraperson. Something is definitely going on.....

In the words of Jess Foley, 'Absolutely!'. A few more confirmations this evening it seems. Satnam is going - he's been there for years! Ruth has confirmed she's going (although she reduced her hours voluntarily a few years ago anyway because she has another job elsewhere too - so she may have chosen to go if voluntary redundancies were on offer). Rosie also seems to be dropping strong hints that she's going too.
Some appear to be going voluntarily (I suspect voluntary redundancy was on offer - due to the coincidence of them leaving very close together).

Ellis's producer (Hayley?) left and set up her own dog grooming business. Ruth has another job elsewhere anyway outside of Gemporia, and Alex McKay is touring the USA and doing some personal things for the near future.

However, it appears that some others are being 'pushed' out of the door. All doesn't appear well at Gemporia HQ.

Have you noticed the amount of staff leaving Gemporia's employ lately: Hayley, Ellis'producer, Alex, presenter from Gem Collector, Laura and Rachel Angeline's producers, Rob, the cameraperson. Something is definitely going on.....
I agree just hope I get my refund soon

In the words of Jess Foley, 'Absolutely!'. A few more confirmations this evening it seems. Satnam is going - he's been there for years! Ruth has confirmed she's going (although she reduced her hours voluntarily a few years ago anyway because she has another job elsewhere too - so she may have chosen to go if voluntary redundancies were on offer). Rosie also seems to be dropping strong hints that she's going too.
Some appear to be going voluntarily (I suspect voluntary redundancy was on offer - due to the coincidence of them leaving very close together).

Ellis's producer (Hayley?) left and set up her own dog grooming business. Ruth has another job elsewhere anyway outside of Gemporia, and Alex McKay is touring the USA and doing some personal things for the near future.

However, it appears that some others are being 'pushed' out of the door. All doesn't appear well at Gemporia HQ.
Yes it seems as if it’s sinking. So sad because I’m it’s heyday it was offering something that others weren’t. I can’t understand how they lost their way. Whether it’s lack of gemstones and rising gold prices or poor business decisions.
I’ve seen that cavil and co have started up again so maybe another sign that it’s the end!

It is a tricky predicament for such a big channel or brand but having a load of staff leaving a channel close and at roughly the same time can't be great for customer confidence.

Maybe they take the view if they make some kind of announcement people panic which I can see but I do not think customers are as stupid as most shopping channels seem to treat them.

I've complained to them before about the time it takes to refund. It should be within 14 days no matter what their terms and conditions state.

I like Ruth so that is a shame. There are so many other presenters I would get rid of before her.

Completely agree. I'd keep all three of Ruth, Rosie and Millie - and the first three out of the door instead would be Cheralene Lavery, Jess Foley and Hattie Houston.

The first two are way out of their depth - and the third is so fast, loud and over-confident.

Horrific presenters.

It is a tricky predicament for such a big channel or brand but having a load of staff leaving a channel close and at roughly the same time can't be great for customer confidence.

It's not like this is the first round of, what look like redundancies, either - this is the 'fourth round' in recent years.

Lara De-Leuw and the Rocks TV presenters in the first lot.

Katie Ho, Lindsey Vickers and many of 'The Lounge' presenters in the second lot.

Rod Jinks, Vicki Carr, Victoria Norris, Aiwa the channel manager, and a few other in the third round of cuts during Covid.

Now its Ruth, Rosie, presumably Millie, producers, camera crew, and other people going this time - plus it appears that the resizing team and repairs team have been axed too.

That's excluding the redundancies made on Gemporia when Hannah Stuart and a few others were made redundant.

Jesus, I thought the presenters on other channels had a big ego

First time watching "Hattie"

"you are watching Hattie Houston" plastered all over the screen, various scrolling banners referring to her in the third person, Hattie talking to herself in the third person

She certainly seems to be reveling in it, however, there are hardly any products to buy. 20 minutes introducing a magnetic extender as if it is a new invention , this is weird

It's not like this is the first round of, what look like redundancies, either - this is the 'fourth round' in recent years.

Lara De-Leuw and the Rocks TV presenters in the first lot.

Katie Ho, Lindsey Vickers and many of 'The Lounge' presenters in the second lot.

Rod Jinks, Vicki Carr, Victoria Norris, Aiwa the channel manager, and a few other in the third round of cuts during Covid.

Now its Ruth, Rosie, presumably Millie, producers, camera crew, and other people going this time - plus it appears that the resizing team and repairs team have been axed too.

That's excluding the redundancies made on Gemporia when Hannah Stuart and a few others were made redundant.
Thanks wasn't really aware there had been so many

Jesus, I thought the presenters on other channels had a big ego

First time watching "Hattie"

"you are watching Hattie Houston" plastered all over the screen, various scrolling banners referring to her in the third person, Hattie talking to herself in the third person

She certainly seems to be reveling in it, however, there are hardly any products to buy. 20 minutes introducing a magnetic extender as if it is a new invention , this is weird

Thanks wasn't really aware there had been so many
It’s such a shame they are getting rid of the good presenters - I wish they’d get rid of that really annoying ‘mills’ - I turn off when she’s on - so annoying, keeps butting in when there’s 2 of them doing the show doesn’t know what she’s talking about half the time and then there’s that Elle with her stupid and annoying little tune she sings first thing ‘hello my cickolitas’ FFS she’s 60 not a teenager and the other stupid names she makes up for people - like dirty boy (whatever his name is) - really??

I had a bit of a Google yesterday. There was a quote from Steve about the time they gave the greatest share of the company to their staff. I paraphrase but it was basically saying that after that happened profits increased but the number of sales decreased. Which is another way of saying that they either decreased operating expenses or hiked up their profit margin - or did both. For me this explains why things have changed so much - and in my opinion as a customer not for the better - over the last years.
I will be very interested to check out their latest filings for accounts etc when they come online at Companies House.

I also think that Colin Wagstaffe could be a common denominator. TJC was full of tat under his watch, his time at Jewellery Maker was short lived under Immediate Media before they replaced him, and since he's been Managing Director at Gemporia, we've seen all these negative changes and a huge increase in the amount of 'Gold-Plated' / 'Gold-Tone' jewellery being sold (coincidentally, TJC was full of plated jewellery when he was MD there too).

I could be wrong - but I am of the opinion he is part of the problem. He's always come across as a bit of a plonker to me too. Looking at his history, he doesn't seem to hold a job down for long either. The average seems to be around 3 years.

Sadly I think Ellis is through a phase which I find tedious. She will be 60 soon. Yes we know. She goes on about her wrinkles and weight to garner comments that tell her she looks fabulous. It’s tedious and obvious. She needs to stop it and focus on selling. She used to be credible but I find her repetitive now and sadly not watchable. It’s cheap tactics which come across as insincere.

Sadly I think Ellis is through a phase which I find tedious. She will be 60 soon. Yes we know. She goes on about her wrinkles and weight to garner comments that tell her she looks fabulous. It’s tedious and obvious. She needs to stop it and focus on selling. She used to be credible but I find her repetitive now and sadly not watchable. It’s cheap tactics which come across as insincere.
I watched her on the "incredible" Hattie shapewear soon yesterday for 15 minutes

She must have said at least 12 times about her need for a hip replacement and how much pain she is in

I am sorry for anyone in that position but she seems perfectly able to stand unaided for long periods on air most days can't be that bad

I also think that Colin Wagstaffe could be a common denominator. TJC was full of tat under his watch, his time at Jewellery Maker was short lived under Immediate Media before they replaced him, and since he's been Managing Director at Gemporia, we've seen all these negative changes and a huge increase in the amount of 'Gold-Plated' / 'Gold-Tone' jewellery being sold (coincidentally, TJC was full of plated jewellery when he was MD there too).

I could be wrong - but I am of the opinion he is part of the problem. He's always come across as a bit of a plonker to me too. Looking at his history, he doesn't seem to hold a job down for long either. The average seems to be around 3 years.
My thoughts exactly.

I watched her on the "incredible" Hattie shapewear soon yesterday for 15 minutes

She must have said at least 12 times about her need for a hip replacement and how much pain she is in

I am sorry for anyone in that position but she seems perfectly able to stand unaided for long periods on air most days can't be that bad
Same. I was working from home and had it on in the background. The hip comments felt cheap and unnecessary. I know friends in pain and they don’t harp on about it.

My thoughts exactly.
Wow, you seem to have his CV saved. Why are you so invested in his work history? Seems to me like your posts are quite toxic and somehow geared towards putting people off gemporia. Disgruntled employee? Or are you going to hide behind your stupid keyboard warrior name? Happy to exchange more details if you have the bottle to do it. Me thinks you’ll be cowering under a blanket after the offer though. Your move

Wow, you seem to have his CV saved. Why are you so invested in his work history? Seems to me like your posts are quite toxic and somehow geared towards putting people off gemporia. Disgruntled employee? Or are you going to hide behind your stupid keyboard warrior name? Happy to exchange more details if you have the bottle to do it. Me thinks you’ll be cowering under a blanket after the offer though. Your move
Well I'm none of the above are you?

Well I'm none of the above are

Well I'm none of the above are you?
No but you’re on a forum about a tv channel that you can simply change the number up or down if you’re not enjoying it. I don’t see the point in moaning about it if you’re not buying- it’s retail at the end of the day, if you browse in a shop do you complain afterwards? No on is forcing you to watch. Sainsbury has changed its aisles for milk, did I complain? No, I just moved and got on with it. Don’t like it, go somewhere else

No but you’re on a forum about a tv channel that you can simply change the number up or down if you’re not enjoying it. I don’t see the point in moaning about it if you’re not buying- it’s retail at the end of the day, if you browse in a shop do you complain afterwards? No on is forcing you to watch. Sainsbury has changed its aisles for milk, did I complain? No, I just moved and got on with it. Don’t like it, go somewhere else
you are correct I'm not forced to watch anything but I have every right to complain about poor service when complaints are ignored. You are very defensive of Gems. I wonder why. They were a great company once upon a time!! This has become very boring don't you think in your words time to move on.

Latest posts

Back