Lifestyle closing down

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am not a regular watcher of the Gemporia channels but they certainly seem a bit lost

As I have said elsewhere QVC is Qvc for its flaws is number 1 and it is really hard to see why it won't ever be (things change I know but hard to see at present)

TJC a few years ago realised they couldn't get the margin in just jewelry anymore and seemed to use the pandemic as a hard exit to more other products, they have been very committed to a low margin high sales model for this period and from the outside seem to be doing pretty well (helped by the ever-increasing sharing of costs/presenters and products between the British/german and American channels)

I don't think Ideal World know what they are trying to be/do really the impression having started watching again recently is the prices seem a lot more competitive but this change in approach If i am right might take a long while to get right if indeed they do. And TJC are at least a few years ahead with this model

All the gemporia channels seem to spend a lot of the time talking and not selling which must mean they operate at higher margins in the current climate that is tricky
It's all the endless talking I can't stand. I just lose the will to live waiting to see an item. It makes me turn the channel off. The length of time waiting for refunds is unacceptable as well.

It's all the endless talking I can't stand. I just lose the will to live waiting to see an item. It makes me turn the channel off. The length of time waiting for refunds is unacceptable as well.

I don't really understand how taking up so much air time without actively selling anything could ever have worked but it must have

I complained about the time it takes to refund. I’m absolutely sure mine was over 30 days. A bracelet has snapped and they have asked me to return it. I have requested my postage to be refunded. It’s the principle. Their customer service is not as good as it used to be.

I complained about the time it takes to refund. I’m absolutely sure mine was over 30 days. A bracelet has snapped and they have asked me to return it. I have requested my postage to be refunded. It’s the principle. Their customer service is not as good as it used to be.
Are you suggesting the advert describing the call centre staff as 'warm hearted individuals' is incorrect? How very dare you. 😂😂

What a shame! Ruth Linnett says that this is her final **** on Lifestyle, she has three more shifts on Hobbymaker and Jewellery maker and then she is off our screens for the foreseeable future. She will be missed as she is funny and fun to watch.

What a shame! Ruth Linnett says that this is her final **** on Lifestyle, she has three more shifts on Hobbymaker and Jewellery maker and then she is off our screens for the foreseeable future. She will be missed as she is funny and fun to watch.
I’m quite surprised that they couldn’t find a place for her on Gemporia. She’s been part of the ‘Gemporia Family’ for a long time.

I so agree, I can’t stand the endless dry as old bones lectures with Toby, Jake and Dave. I think part of it is to create the fear of loss for these ‘valuable, unique and rare’ stones, and managing the volume of calls to the Call Center, so they can staff to the minimum. I sometimes think they haven’t got many pieces to sell…..

Lots of change going on for Gemporia. I was watching Gem Collector and apparently Alex, one of the two presenters of that channel, is going to leave for a new chapter in his life. Things are decidedly strange....

I've complained to them before about the time it takes to refund. It should be within 14 days no matter what their terms and conditions state.

I like Ruth so that is a shame. There are so many other presenters I would get rid of before her.

Ruth is a joy to watch on both channels. What a pity. I haven’t tuned in lately as the closing down sale has not offered any real bargains. She is engaging without being silly. I wonder if she feels it’s time personally for her to move on? Sometimes when there is a shake up folks decide they want out.

She will be missed one of the best presenters there. I could name a few from the main channel that should be going. Today's show with Ellie and Katie was unbearable. I'm sure the reason was they had too few items to sell so they dragged everything out. After each item they showed you how to order I couldn't cope I really don't understand why there is at least 20/25 minutes telling you about the items instead of a brief introduction. It used to be educational an interesting years ago which makes me wonder do they have the stock now? Also delivery times are ridiculous and waiting for your refund well........are they in difficulties???

She will be missed one of the best presenters there. I could name a few from the main channel that should be going. Today's show with Ellie and Katie was unbearable. I'm sure the reason was they had too few items to sell so they dragged everything out. After each item they showed you how to order I couldn't cope I really don't understand why there is at least 20/25 minutes telling you about the items instead of a brief introduction. It used to be educational an interesting years ago which makes me wonder do they have the stock now? Also delivery times are ridiculous and waiting for your refund well........are they in difficulties???
I think they are in difficulties and that their stock is limited. Ellis' shows are indeed unbearable. Every five minutes she asks to "show how to order or how to use the app". It's too much.

I, too, am wondering if they are in trouble. I'm waiting (forever) on some refunds but, after that, I won't be ordering until I feel confident they won't sink and leave me stuck without any refunds due.

I agree with a lot of the comments. How many times during an hour do you need to be told how to order? It isn’t rocket science. A lot of that could be listed on a FAQ link. I don’t understand why they would want to waste valuable air time. For goodness sake crack on with selling. Ellis used to be great to watch. I find I switch off more lately when she is on or if I’m watching I turn the sound off.

Watched this lifestyle channel for the first time this evening

Strange atmosphere which could be expected for a channel that is "closing down" the prices are nothing particularly special despite what the presenting keeps telling us

Watched this lifestyle channel for the first time this evening

Strange atmosphere which could be expected for a channel that is "closing down" the prices are nothing particularly special despite what the presenting keeps telling us
The prices are not special. I know as I check back on what I’ve paid previously. The anti ageing cream special was good. I’m guessing lots of stock. I purchased as a very decent expiry date and I like the cream. I’m watching to see what they do in the run up to closure date.

The prices are not special. I know as I check back on what I’ve paid previously. The anti ageing cream special was good. I’m guessing lots of stock. I purchased as a very decent expiry date and I like the cream. I’m watching to see what they do in the run up to closure date.
A relative bought me the "winter cream" (think that is the name) its like Vicks but stronger to my untrained eye

It is really effective so I will buy as much as that as I can afford if I see it for a decent price

Have you noticed the amount of staff leaving Gemporia's employ lately: Hayley, Ellis'producer, Alex, presenter from Gem Collector, Laura and Rachel Angeline's producers, Rob, the cameraperson. Something is definitely going on.....

Latest posts

Back