liz earle beauty pick of the month comercial

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

boffy

Registered Shopper
has anyone seen how old and tired liz earle is looking. quite shocked how aged she is around the eyes.

obviously not. makes me wonder when gurus sell a fantastic skincare range and suddenly......

Just had Q on and AY has just said that no where else has the 200ml C&P not even Liz Earle direct And its been made especially for Q , Umm well thats a lie as available on the Liz Earle Website online

I was watching a bit of IW last night, and their PotD was an Elizabeth Grant set, presented by Loen so quite an enjoyable programme. They had a VT of EG - looking pretty good and did not have the look of a woman who has been dabbling with invasive beauty treatments. She's now 90 years old (by the way, I am not assuming she was 90 in the VT).

Just had Q on and AY has just said that no where else has the 200ml C&P not even Liz Earle direct And its been made especially for Q , Umm well thats a lie as available on the Liz Earle Website online

200ml pump not available anywhere but Q, 200ml tube is!

Have you all seen the reviews for BPOTM they are dire for this product, people not happy for the price. Question though why did they buy it:thinking:

Have you all seen the reviews for BPOTM they are dire for this product, people not happy for the price. Question though why did they buy it:thinking:

there seem to be 2 beefs with this, don't there?

1) You can get 200 ml (albeit in a tube) from LE themselves for £26 (or £28 as a starter kit - which is a fairer representation). No WOW about the QVC price or the lack of P&P...
2) It's DULL as a BPOTM.

I can't say I've a lot of sympathy with the reviewers.

1) - do your price comparison before you buy, people...
2) - dull is inevitable with LE (unless QVC manage to steamroller them into doing yet another limited edition) as they don't do a huge product range.

I bet QVC and Caroline have been having heart-failure at the 1.7 star rating!

Especially after the unexpected rocketing success of the Margaret Dabbs BPOTM in May.

I noticed one of the most recent reviews was pointing out LE is now an Avon-owned company.

I think despite this little kerfuffle, when voting opens for the QVC Beauty Awards, the LE fans will probably ensure it wins fpr another year.

If they wanted more people to try/discover cleanse and polish through the BPOTM it would need to be much cheaper than this!! I think, given it's the 20th anniversary that it should be £20 and in one of celebratory tube/canisters that they are selling C&P in on the LE website (I got one free as part of the June essentials and it's lovely!)

its a boring potm and the £20 is more than likely the minimum price point that qvc want to sell

Just a thought but now Liz Earle is owned by Avon will the Liz Earle range still have the rabbit symbol to show that they are not tested on animals since Avon has resumed animal testing for their products as they are desperate to crack the market in the Far East who require testing on animals before they will permit Avon to sell there.

Considering Liz Earle professes to be passionately against animal animal testing to sell out to a company that embraces such testing smacks of the deepest hypocrisy but I guess a big wad of cash really helps to ease her conscience :(

Just a thought but now Liz Earle is owned by Avon will the Liz Earle range still have the rabbit symbol to show that they are not tested on animals since Avon has resumed animal testing for their products as they are desperate to crack the market in the Far East who require testing on animals before they will permit Avon to sell there.

Considering Liz Earle professes to be passionately against animal animal testing to sell out to a company that embraces such testing smacks of the deepest hypocrisy but I guess a big wad of cash really helps to ease her conscience :(

Avon bought the company back in 2010 and LE still has the rabbit symbol.

Avon bought the company back in 2010 and LE still has the rabbit symbol.

I just emailed BUAV to see if the range is still entitled to use the Leaping Bunny logo.

I use the range because it has the cruelty free logo, I didn't know that Liz Earle had sold out to Avon and she has completely lost my respect for doing so.

Even if the range IS still entitled to use the logo I will no longer buy it as the profits from my purchases would go to a company that uses animals in the most cruel way for corporate greed:mysmilie_51:

I just emailed BUAV to see if the range is still entitled to use the Leaping Bunny logo.

I use the range because it has the cruelty free logo, I didn't know that Liz Earle had sold out to Avon and she has completely lost my respect for doing so.

It was even mentioned on the Liz Earle webpage back in 2010 and it still is (archive).

Do you seriously think that Liz Earle carries the Leaping Bunny logo without being entitled to? Liz Earle wrote at length about it on Facebook because a lot of people were worried about exactly that.

Last edited:
It was even mentioned on the Liz Earle webpage back in 2010 and it still is (archive).

Do you seriously think that Liz Earle carries the Leaping Bunny logo without being entitled to? Liz Earle wrote at length about it on Facebook because a lot of people were worried about exactly that.

Even if the range is entitled to carry the Leaping Bunny logo the fact remains that it is owned by Avon therefore if one purchases an item from the LE range then the profits go to a company that tests cosmetics on animals.

I just checked out the LE Facebook page and on the timeline all the postings between December 2009 and September 2010, the time span when the takeover was happening, are missing...I find that interesting don't you?

Sadly it seems that this is another case of profits before ethics :(

Lots of certified cruelty free companies are owned by companies that do test, not just Liz Earle being owned by Avon. Not saying I agree with it, just stating a fact (eg l'oreal owning body shop and urban decay).

Latest posts

Back