Liz Earle clones aka Brand Ambassadors

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Flamenco

Registered Shopper
Am I the only one who likes Liz Earle products but finds the shows dead boring? The Brand Ambassadors are really dull, and seem to favour a quiet monotone to the point that I could fall asleep. I remember Caroline who was a virtual Liz Earle clone, as is the current one. Same style of clothes, makeup, tone and presentation. Now, I'm not favouring a Mally-style show at all, but someone with a bit of enthusiasm and get up and go to liven up the shows would be welcomed. I have never bought anything from a Liz Earle show, as I've never been motivated to "jump to the phone" (and p&p puts me off too). I do order from the LE website from time to time as I like the free gifts and the capped postage.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

I've gone off LE recently although I'm still buying C&P for my eldest son - and actually hes still using superskin.

I've been trying to use up all the products I've bought for him and he can't use,but have to say this week even I've gone back to C&P.There really is nothing like it if you have sensitive skin.

As for the programmes,I completely agree,they are very boring.I'm a make up addict but cannot even bear to watch 5 mins of "Miss" Mally - but the LE team are the other end of the sprectrum.That said I'd still prefer to listen to them than mally!!

My DD works in marketing and she tells me it is a deliberate marketing ploy. They reinforce the brand image as upmarket,refined,classy, indulgent etc by using reps who are polished and have a "gentle" presenting style all of which is designed to draw in the viewer (although it seems to have had the opposite effect on you Flamenco!)

My DD works in marketing and she tells me it is a deliberate marketing ploy. They reinforce the brand image as upmarket,refined,classy, indulgent etc by using reps who are polished and have a "gentle" presenting style all of which is designed to draw in the viewer (although it seems to have had the opposite effect on you F

lamenco!)
maybe thats why i dont buy into the brand that much. i love lee from philosophy he was a gem and never boring sigh!

My DD works in marketing and she tells me it is a deliberate marketing ploy. They reinforce the brand image as upmarket,refined,classy, indulgent etc by using reps who are polished and have a "gentle" presenting style all of which is designed to draw in the viewer (although it seems to have had the opposite effect on you Flamenco!)

I can see the marketing ploy, but it's not working on me if it creates a sedative effect! I don't mind the refined, classy etc way of presenting the brand but surely the Brand Ambassador (what a stupid title anyway) needs to be engaging to a certain degree rather than just regurgitate a well-rehearsed monotone monologue about the products? This seems lost on the PR people. And they all look the same and wear the same bland light blue/green/grey clothing, each morphing into each other, becoming indistinguishable and instantly forgettable. If you asked me to recall some of the products/kits being sold, at the end of a Liz Earle hour, I wouldn't be able to remember. Probably because I was zzzzzzzzzzzz on the sofa!!!

Am I the only one who likes Liz Earle products but finds the shows dead boring? The Brand Ambassadors are really dull, and seem to favour a quiet monotone to the point that I could fall asleep. I remember Caroline who was a virtual Liz Earle clone, as is the current one. Same style of clothes, makeup, tone and presentation. Now, I'm not favouring a Mally-style show at all, but someone with a bit of enthusiasm and get up and go to liven up the shows would be welcomed. I have never bought anything from a Liz Earle show, as I've never been motivated to "jump to the phone" (and p&p puts me off too). I do order from the LE website from time to time as I like the free gifts and the capped postage.

Reminds me of the strange case of Virginia Pearle and her Spit and Polish :0)

I quite like the Bobbi Brown guy too. He's engaging, and always makes me want to buy!!

I agree LE shows are very boring the guest presenters are the samey same. I dont use any LE products but hubby loves superskin moisturiser. Used to enjoy watching the shows at one time, even though I can't use the range as my skin my skin reacts to it but now when it's on it seems like an organised, robotic approach - if that makes any sense! Sleep inducing for me!!!

The old Lee from Philosophy - I used to really enjoy his shows, he was so informative and down to earth so much fun to watch. Again, can't use the skin care but watched just for Lee!

Latest posts

Back