L'Occitane TSV - 09/09/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Twice I heard Alexis say that if you were to buy all the products in the full sizes it would cost over £200.
I shouted at the telly - totally irrelevant what the full size cost is when you are flogging 35/75mls.

When I travel I use those plastic bottles you can pick up really cheaply and decant into them. This really was a terrible TSV, when those 36000 people receive theirs they will see how teeny tiny the bottles are, realise that the bag is useless to them and wonder why they parted with 30 odd quid for it. If they really wanted to do an offer to attract new customers they should do a try-me set for around 15 quid, containing 75 ml bottles of their best sellers- such as a verbena liquid soap and shower gel, an almond shower oil, small tube of hand cream and shea body lotion. These are products that would prove the quality, and get the customers to re- purchase. I have said before how I used to get red blisters down the sides of my fingers if I used many cheaper soaps and hand washes. I switched to the liquid soap and not a blister in sight. The shower products smell nice and don't bring me out in a rash either. I made the mistake of putting lidl sensitive body lotion on my skin after my shower on saturday. On sunday I had a red rash right accross my shoulders. The L'Occitane lotions and creams don't do that, which is the reason I buy the brand.

Aw, I bought a similar set when it was a TSV last year and I loved it! Probably only because i was buying it for use when I was leaving London, in Singapore for a few days en route to Sydney and for the first few days of our new life in Australia and so I can remember which fragrance I used at each stage and just smelling them now brings me back : ) I realised it wasn't the best value for money when I bought it but I liked that it had three individual sets of shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body lotion so I had a new little set for each leg of my trip. This set is less appealing due to all the soaps which I don't use.

Sadly now that L'Occitane are moving in to China that rules them out for me. Thankfully Soap & Glory's hand and foot creams are fab so they will be my new choice.

Also, for those posters looking fro a cruelty free mascara, the Urban Decay Big Fatty is an awesome one to try = )

In my local Co-op pharmacy yesterday there were lots of beautifully boxed Bayliss and Harding giftsets including one of 8 x 50ml bottles of 4 different shower gels and body lotion for £5.99. Not as presteeeegus as L occy but I bet the ingreeeejunts are similar.

Aw, I bought a similar set when it was a TSV last year and I loved it! Probably only because i was buying it for use when I was leaving London, in Singapore for a few days en route to Sydney and for the first few days of our new life in Australia and so I can remember which fragrance I used at each stage and just smelling them now brings me back : ) I realised it wasn't the best value for money when I bought it but I liked that it had three individual sets of shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body lotion so I had a new little set for each leg of my trip. This set is less appealing due to all the soaps which I don't use.

Sadly now that L'Occitane are moving in to China that rules them out for me. Thankfully Soap & Glory's hand and foot creams are fab so they will be my new choice.

Also, for those posters looking fro a cruelty free mascara, the Urban Decay Big Fatty is an awesome one to try = )

Are Soap and Glory 100% not tested on animals? I have a few products which I love but not sure on their ethics. Hope they are, their righteous body butter and heel cream are to die for!!

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Are Soap and Glory 100% not tested on animals? I have a few products which I love but not sure on their ethics. Hope they are, their righteous body butter and heel cream are to die for!!

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

I believe so, yes! I use so many of their products now, facial wash in the morning, bath soak, shower gel, hand and foot cream, body scrub, face scrub..the list goes on! ; ) In fact the only product I haven't liked is the favial moisturisers but can't have everything!

http://www.soapandglory.com/faqs/#faq3

So I think they are covering themselves by saying they acknowledge their ingredients may have been tested in the past (like most ingredients) but they don't test themselves.

Why do when i reply to answers from the forum,, do i not get opposite on the left hand side, the thanks for the post,
likes for the post, dislikes for the post. I must be doing something wrong but no one can tell me. If you check out
any of my replies the "report" triangle is at the end of the line where the thanks etc should be. I've fiddled with
settings everywhere and cant find the answer . Does anyone know what i' going on about. Help please or am i
totally mad

Last edited:
Why do when i reply to answers from the forum,, do i not get opposite on the left hand side, the thanks for the post,
likes for the post, dislikes for the post. I must be doing something wrong but no one can tell me. If you check out
any of my replies the "report" triangle is at the end of the line where the thanks etc should be. I've fiddled with
settings everywhere and cant find the answer . Does anyone know what i' going on about. Help please or am i
totally mad
I think it's just your own posts that don't allow you to like or dislike but if you want to do it to other peoples posts you can.

totally mad

We can see the thanks/like/dislike buttons on your posts SB.

We can see the thanks/like/dislike buttons on your posts SB.

Oh thanks. How can i not see them. The hours i've wasted fiddling with the settings and gone through
everything, and even e mailed poor 'them upstairs' and all the time its been okay. Say all together
IDIOT. Thanks everyone for your answers xxxx

Latest posts

Back