L'Occitane with Alexis and Pipa

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Me too I work full time as a nurse and do Bank shifts too, this finances our 2 holidays to Florida each year, and we're also squeezing in a 5 day jaunt to NYC in November!

Sod the house it'll be here when I'm not

And the Mulberry handbags too Jabba!! :eek:)

I work full time too but I do like a neat and tidy home. I'm lucky to have a wonderful cleaner. She allows me to enjoy my precious time off. Having a tidy home makes me happy. All work and no play makes me unhappy and dull.

Another thing I have re-discovered since being far less well off than I used to be is home cooking and using everything up. I have some odd combinations at time but it is so satisfying not to waste food and I eat some tasty things. I think that being content with what you have can be the key to a happier life, not in terms of ambition and education maybe, but in the case of material stuff. After all wealth isn't just about cash and possessions.

We're all different aren't we?! I hate holidays and would rather spend the time at home. I am a proper home bird!

I agree about the thrift thing though. Hubby has an annoying obsession about sell by dates, whereas I just use my nose! My biggest thing is clothes though. I hate shopping for them and have much more fun looking through all my old stuff and creatively putting an outfit together!

As for the house, I am always tidying up but only really clean at the weekend. I am not totally obsessed, I just hate clutter and things hanging around when they don't need to be! :eek:

We went over budget when we bought our house 8 years ago. We've caught up now but we always saw it as our life as such. We are not regular going outers, smokers or drinkers. Our other hobbies are on the expensive side to make up for it however, but our home and making it comfortable and cosy is our main thing :D

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Okay, I live alone with two cats. If I am in the mood I might hoover once a week, otherwise its once a fortnight. I actually only do it when it annoys me, I think better hoover. I do dust round more often strangely enough. I change my bedclothes every two weeks as well, yes I know I am a dirty bitch.:yawn: The bathroom sink and bath are done every week but that floor and kitchen floor perhaps every two to three weeks.

Okay, I live alone with two cats. If I am in the mood I might hoover once a week, otherwise its once a fortnight. I actually only do it when it annoys me, I think better hoover. I do dust round more often strangely enough. I change my bedclothes every two weeks as well, yes I know I am a dirty bitch.:yawn: The bathroom sink and bath are done every week but that floor and kitchen floor perhaps every two to three weeks.
No Donna youre probably far nearer what most people do but everyone pretends to have perfect spotless homes and thrilling lives. As I have said before those that bang on about what they own and how fabulous everything is are often shown up eventually.

Ah bless, you've made my day ! This is how I operate and I feel so guily about it, but reading your post makes it all so "normal". So, I'm going to enjoy spending the whole day watching the Olympics and doing my cross-stitch. (I've been working at the Olympic Park for the last 4 days so I want to enjoy my days off, not hoovering the stairs ).

Linda xx

PS many of the posts on this thread are in reaction to mine saying how inadequate I feel compared to Alexis. Thank you all so very very much for your encouraging comments :mysmilie_508:

When I was working,my job was a market research interviewer(the annoying peeps with clipboards lol) so I visited many homes up and down the north west.

The houses I felt most uncomfortable in were the ones that looked like show homes,not a cushion out of place,felt as though I would crease summat so I sat on the edge of a chair!Some respondents also felt the need to apologise where none was necessary for the 'state' of their home.These were usually places that looked inviting,warm and comfortable with evidence of family living.......they also tended to be the places were you got offered a brew!

I also visited a few places that would not look out of place in those Hoarders programmes!:doh:

Looking around my gaff at the moment.......well a quick once over with the vacuum wouldn't go amiss,but waiting another day or 2 won't harm either,there's a few bits that need ironing,the bed is due a change at the weekend etc etc.......but the Olympics are on and it's only every 4 years so......................well you get where I'm going lol

When I listen to women such as Alexis I feel woefully inadequate. She runs a family of hubby and 3 kids, apparently "keeps" a large house with at least 2 bathrooms, keeps herself looking stunning, manages her career with L'O and pops up regularly on Q.

I on the other hand have no hubby or kids, part-time carer for Mum, 15 year old cat and yet I live in a perpetual mess. I find myself split between housework or gardening, ironing or taking Mum shopping etc. It's always "either or". At the moment I'm doing shifts as an Olympics volunteer and I'm so kn***ered it's painful.

Any ideas how to up my game, does Q sell anything that might help ?

Linda xx

But you're human like the rest of us EM..Alexis as we all know is Superwoman!

There's nothing wrong with aspiring to have a clean and tidy home. for every woman who is genuinely over worked and juggling many responsibilities there's another who's just a lazy cow with poor standards.

Same goes for men, of course.

Latest posts

Back