Lola Rose stone colours.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
Looking at the varied stone colours Lola Rose are now using how many are natural and how many dyed?I have a necklace which was bought as bright pink and is now a mixture of brighter and very light milky pink.Likewise with a bracelet which was a quite a vibrant blue but is now a mixture of dark and lightly tinted almost clear stones.I still like them but they did not start out this way.

Me too SF, I bought a (not cheap) necklace in the 'candy' colours - pale blue/lilac/pink, and now they are all a very milky shade of cream. Is there anything covered by the Trades Description Act for this ?

Why aren't Lola Rose mentioning this on their shows? Fair enough selling dyed stones if they make that clear but I don't recall it being talked about when I've watched. Their items are quite high price as well and a customer should be aware of what they are buying.

CC

Looking at the varied stone colours Lola Rose are now using how many are natural and how many dyed?I have a necklace which was bought as bright pink and is now a mixture of brighter and very light milky pink.Likewise with a bracelet which was a quite a vibrant blue but is now a mixture of dark and lightly tinted almost clear stones.I still like them but they did not start out this way.
I've tried to find out about the provenance of the LR stones and how the colours are achieved, but the door was slammed in my face.

Maybe I should return my pieces to LR asking for them to comment? They have been worn very little and stored away from direct light.I have had them for some years but that should have nothing to do with it.

What an interesting thread. I don’t have any answers but have occasionally been tempted by one of the more “Pru Leith” style necklaces with vibrant colours. I shant bother now if they are likely to turn pastel or cream!

I have quite a few Lola Rose coloured necklaces. They haven't changed colour but they're all stored in one of those old PreZerve wallets with a black interior so I wonder if that has helped them stay their original colour. Having said that, I haven't bought any for several years now so I don't know if Lola Rose has changed where they source their stones and/or what they do to them in production.

Maybe I should return my pieces to LR asking for them to comment? They have been worn very little and stored away from direct light.I have had them for some years but that should have nothing to do with it.

Send them a photo and ask for a comment.

I have a lot of pieces and I don’t have a problem. They are stored in original pouches.

I have bought similar pieces on holiday and some of those have faded. I think some are more dyed than others.

Interesting article below and it seems some stones are just surface dyed so the colour simply rubs off in time. It`s the cheapest way to dye them but dying can be done in other ways too.

Interesting article below and it seems some stones are just surface dyed so the colour simply rubs off in time. It`s the cheapest way to dye them but dying can be done in other ways too.
I agree that those surfaced dyed wouldn’t last the pace (and even come off on clothes or skin) however you would expect better at LR prices.

If the stones are quartzite, they will undoubtedly be dyed. Agate is also dyed so achieve the bright colours, although the neutral colours are natural. Agate holds the dye well, however quartzite doesn't and will fade. I make jewellery and stopped buying quartzite for that very reason, but the agate stones I have had for years are still bright and colourful 😀

Thankyou all, some interesting information.I shall think about how to address this with LR, no point in contacting QVC.I know the bracelet was from Q but the necklace was either Q or LR direct.Definitely not EBay or other sellers.

Mine too, although I don't 'store' them away in pouches or "pochettes", and quite frankly I expect more for the price, because I may as well just buy cheaper resin or plastic jewellery at less than half the price to get the same 'look'. At the end of the day, no-one knows whether I've paid 60 quid or 60p for a Lola Rose, and some of her 'rocks' are too heavy around my neck anyway.

I have some pieces which are as good as the day I bought them and I do not expect to have particular storage conditions, if so that needs to be clearly pointed out.Neither do we expect all stones to be uniform in colour, that is the uniqueness of having natural stones otherwise we might as well have plastic for a fraction of the price.I do expect a product to remain true to the condition as when purchased, it is no good selecting a particular colour/ combination which in time is a shadow of its former self! Mine have not been worn frequently, probably not even 5/ 6 times.

I have 3 bracelets, the old style with just the cord.

Rose Quartz

Amethyst

And a pale blue stone, no idea what it is?

None have lost their colour over the years, I do keep them in their pouches.

Latest posts

Back