Lost Trust In Gemporia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What companies do you recommend? Are their prices as good as Gemporia's? Do they send their products abroad?

Not true. They have some silver pieces with untreated morganites. Available examples: QYPO70, ZSPO37, HKPO17, DWPO68, LHPO14. Currently unavailable examples (from 2021 and early 2022): ETPO74, TWPO31, WIPO61.

I've already known about the greenish blue hue of untreated aquamarines. But I have some opaque, sky blue aquamarines from Gemporia and they all (except one ring) are described as untreated. They weren't expensive, possibly due to their lack of clarity.

I didn't know about the double purple colour of heat-treated amethysts. Thank you very much for the info. (y)
I will come back to you with the companies. It's getting late now.

As for the Morganite in Silver - all of those codes that you've put up are natural Morganite - but they are not transparent, gem quality, stones. They're highly included, 'frosty' looking in appearance and almost opaque - similar to the grade of Morganite that Sarah Bennett uses in her collections. All of the gem quality Morganite they have for sale in silver is almost clear in colour rather than pink. It shouldn't even be called Morganite in my opinion. It's irradiated Goshenite with the very slightest hint of pink.

If you want 'Morganite' in Silver from Gemporia, then the only options seem to be:

a) Transparent, gem quality, clean stones that are wishy-washy irradiated material that barely have any colour.

or

b) Heavily included, Translucent to almost opaque material that has plenty of Pink - but no clarity. You can't see into the stone.

Latest posts

Back