Lulu Guinness TSV 14/12/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why was CHuntley talking in hushed tones ? Was it out of reverence for the LG brand ? She reminded me of Uriah Heep.

They have just been showing a clear plastic make up bag that you could probably pick up from a chemist shop for less than a fiver - it is £51.00 and doesn't even come boxed, just has LG sayings on it??!! Am I missing something?? It's more expensive than the brolly?:mysmilie_19:

MM, you just beat me to it. I could not believe the cost of that item. Just because LG has scrawled some trite sayings over it, it goes from being something you buy for a fiver to over £50! Talk about Emperor's new clothes syndrome. In fact forget the fiver, you can probably get one in Poundland.

Just listening to the 4pm LG hour while answering some emails and hear the presenter Sara Griffiths mention Miss Pixie ...who is Miss Pixie? apparently being a help to someone... didn`t catch who? ... A plastic make up/wash bag doesn`t come in a box even for £51 .... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have just been showing a clear plastic make up bag that you could probably pick up from a chemist shop for less than a fiver - it is £51.00 and doesn't even come boxed, just has LG sayings on it??!! Am I missing something?? It's more expensive than the brolly?:mysmilie_19:

I was gobsmacked when this was on with Nicola and meCharlie - I bought a set of 3 clear plastic makeup bags in M&S yesterday for £6.50 for the 3. It takes a lot of brass neck to justify the other £45 for some scribbled words printed across the plastic, in my opinion.

I want to know - where is Lulu???? She never used to miss a TSV launch, but now we have to put up with the Minions.

I was gobsmacked when this was on with Nicola and meCharlie - I bought a set of 3 clear plastic makeup bags in M&S yesterday for £6.50 for the 3. It takes a lot of brass neck to justify the other £45 for some scribbled words printed across the plastic, in my opinion.

Imagine buying a friend those plastic wash bags who didn't know who LG was, because let's face it not many people do, you'd have to drop in to the conversation that LG is a "designer" of very expensive leather bags, therefore anything LG related is bound to be expensive too, then you'd have to "let slip" how much they cost you because let's face it, who on earth would think you'd payed over fifty quid for them?........Then said friend would take you gently by the arm, with a worrying, pitiful yet sad smile on her face, she'd offer you some kind, friendly advice whilst gently sitting you down on the nearest chair, she'd offer you a sweet cup of tea then ring a relative to come and pick you up to take you home for a lie down. :mysmilie_17:

I have one of these plastic make up bags, not the one that was on Q last night, but similar - I bought it from LG direct during their sale for £24, I like it a lot, but its not worth much more than that. I certainly wouldn't pay £70 for it, I'd rather use the £70 as an easy payment towards a leather bag!

Imagine buying a friend those plastic wash bags who didn't know who LG was, because let's face it not many people do, you'd have to drop in to the conversation that LG is a "designer" of very expensive leather bags, therefore anything LG related is bound to be expensive too, then you'd have to "let slip" how much they cost you because let's face it, who on earth would think you'd payed over fifty quid for them?........Then said friend would take you gently by the arm, with a worrying, pitiful yet sad smile on her face, she'd offer you some kind, friendly advice whilst gently sitting you down on the nearest chair, she'd offer you a sweet cup of tea then ring a relative to come and pick you up to take you home for a lie down. :mysmilie_17:

I totally agree. And imagine trying to convince the friend that you had paid £50 for a plastic wash bag because the designer of it has an OBE from the Queen.

(Oh dear, I wish I had had your mythical friend and her sweet tea on hand in the days when I wasted thousands of pounds on stuff from QVC, of which only a few items remain, the rest of the stuff has long gone to the council tip)

QVC must order at least a couple of thousand bags for a tsv so in my mind that`s mass produced not designer. Designer is when something is very limited, one of a few and personally worked on by the designer themself. LG did a Liz Earle, sold out to the Yanks, adopted the title Creative Director, a design team not her does the designs, then farmed out to China for manufacture and as long as Lulu shows her face a limited number of times per year then that`s her job done. Sometimes I get the feeling she hasn`t even seen some of the bags when she appears on Q.

During the TSV launch I couldn't help mentally adding up the pounds as they were saying nearly a thousand bags sold.At £285 per bag ,that's very lucrative .Id love to know how much they cost to produce.it is mass production which lowers the cost.

I noticed on the web someone asked a question about the leather and what animal/country it comes from.No reply so far.Im not anti leather but I'd be interested to know.

Latest posts

Back