Lulu's Time Bomb TSV - 30/06/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

At the end of the day its your decision, we can all give our opinions of course.

Never tried it. But then I don't like the celeb fragrances or ranges which have nothing really to do with the person who fronts it. Timebomb is really a branch of John Frieda the hairdresser you see his range in Boots. Lulu can sit and sprout all sorts about how she mixed her own oils etc. But really its the lab team at John Frieda who created and tested it. Lulu is just the face and fantasy name on the bottle, she gets paid very well to promote it of course. But then her career as a singer has pretty much ended.

Of course she has had work done, just look at her neck and hands the difference is amazing. If she had been using this as she claims for so long, then her neck and hands would be as good as the face.

Some like the brand and are happy to use it, some cannot stand Lulu.

Its on easy pay you have a voucher and can try it for 30 days(but don't use up any more than 50% or QVC might not take it back!!!) and return if not happy.

I'm near enough your age with skin as you describe and it did absolutely nothing for me. It's pleasant enough to use, very light but don't listen to all the claims. We all know how she looks so good for her age and it ain't due to anything she rubs onto her face.

I've never tried it.My MIL would love to try it and it seems LuLu always has a TSV around this time of year.I know this because my MIL's birthday is in around 2 weeks and every year I umm and arh should I buy it for her.I very quickly decide NO! every year.

Apart from the initial reviews of this brand being really poor (admittedly I haven't read any reviews for ages) I just can't bring myself to pay (quite a high IMO) price from someone who makes all these claims when its so clear and evident that her skin and wrinkle free face has nothing to do with them.Can't trust a liar!

I like the hand cream, so I'm hoping there'll be plenty on ebay in a week's time. I think the night cream is light and pleasant to use and being in a tube it's more hygienic than dipping in a pot daily for a good few months. I think the neck cream scored well in the Beauty Bible tests (BTW Lulu is wrong when she says the products are blind tested...they are in their usual packaging so it's easy to look online to see what its claims and price are). For me half the battle is finding products I enjoy using and on the whole I'll ignore any celeb endorsements - mostly they just bump up the prices rather than increasing the efficacy of the product.

Chlorophyll? Will we start to photosynthesise if we use this?

Now that it's on advanced orders you could use your £5 voucher but before they send it you'll be able to read reviews and could cancel if they're not glowing.

Hmmm I'm not doing a good job of talking you out of it am I?

If you use "too much" just top up the pot with nivea or simple when you return it...it's not as though they can resell it FFS! They never say on air that you can only use a reasonable amount!

I think the neck cream scored well in the Beauty Bible tests (BTW Lulu is wrong when she says the products are blind tested...they are in their usual packaging so it's easy to look online to see what its claims and price are).

Sorry Akimbo, not trying to court controversy however you are wrong on this point. This is why the Beauty Bibles are good because people test the 99p one from Aldi and ones that cost over £100 without knowing what they are and also they only use them on one side of their face.

I now use Time Bomb, nothing to do with Lulu and everything to do with the fact that the company behind it have a lot of credentials.

I have used Philosophy, Molton Brown, Elemis and Alpha H regularly in the past and now mainly use Time Bomb so I'm really pleased with the TSV. My skin can take a bit more than some so I use Alpha H liquid gold products too and throughout the year I use Ultrasun face 30 (apart from 3 months of true 'winter'). Some days I put Time Bomb face cream over the top. I decide how my skin feels each day and if it needs it. The Time Bomb Eye Cream is the best one I have ever used. They have sold 12,000 TSVs by 1100 this morning. If the range did not work it wouldn't be winning awards or still be on QVC. Lulu more than likely has had 'work' done on her face in the past but that does not effect the texture of your skin on a day to day basis.

Akimbo is 100% correct. I had my first tester parcel delivered to me this week, for their Beauty Bible which will have products with a green/"natural" bias. Every single item is fully branded, I have bare minerals, Liz Earle, L'Occitane etc - make-up as well as skin care.

Also, skin texture can be treated by cosmetic procedures. IMO, both Lulu and Alison look as though they've had Fraxel Laser work, but I have no evidence of this, it's just what their skin looks like to me.

Last edited:
They've changed it then because they used to be blind tests. I stand corrected! Not exactly fair is it!!?? Many people will presume items are better due to the branding.

My experience of Time Bomb is that it's excellent. We may have ideas about Lulu, Alison etc however, I have excellent skin which I constantly get complimented about and that cannot be argued. My Mum and both Grandmothers' skin is and was very prematurely aged with lots of lines and wrinkles so my genes suggest different to how I am. I think it's each to their own and when we find something works we should stick to it!

I agree, Tina, find something you like and enjoy, and to hell with what others think. I was also under the impression that the Beauty Bible blind tested until I received my parcel this week, and was shocked to see it wasn't so.

Yes they blind tested in the very early days. But Clairns kept sending their stuff in the normal pots, hence people got to try and it was Clarins with the high marks.

I tested for the Beauty Bible about 5 years ago(it was the first Green Beauty Bible), everything came in the brand packaging. In fact that was how I learnt rose breaks me out. Everything had rose in it, my roseaca went nuts.

I agree, Tina, find something you like and enjoy, and to hell with what others think. I was also under the impression that the Beauty Bible blind tested until I received my parcel this week, and was shocked to see it wasn't so.

How do you get to do the testing? I'd quite like that! Also, with stuff being in the proper pots it wouldn't surprise me if some people made some money by flogging them on ebay and making up the results! You know what some people are like!

Yes they blind tested in the very early days. But Clairns kept sending their stuff in the normal pots, hence people got to try and it was Clarins with the high marks.

I tested for the Beauty Bible about 5 years ago(it was the first Green Beauty Bible), everything came in the brand packaging. In fact that was how I learnt rose breaks me out. Everything had rose in it, my roseaca went nuts.
That's really out of order isn't it! Why didn't they just tell Clarins that they weren't going to accept it? The authors have a lot of clout in the industry. Sounds like your skin suffered too but at least you learnt from it I suppose! Also, I've heard Ali Young a lot more recently than 5 years ago talk about it being blind testing so she's lied or she didn't know herself.

How do you get to do the testing? I'd quite like that! Also, with stuff being in the proper pots it wouldn't surprise me if some people made some money by flogging them on ebay and making up the results! You know what some people are like!

You sign up via their website. When you are invited to join, you pay a £30 "admin" fee, which I think also completely dents their credibility as it's clearly a money making exercise. However, I'd read on here that you do get more than £30 of product to test, and that has been true of the parcel I've received, including items from brands that I use and like. I would sign up again after this round. I'm now just waiting for the instructions on what to do, so haven't started using any if the items yet.

I've done 7 lots of testing for the BB so I was confident in my statement. I've also tested for Ayton Moon but they usually send out products in blank packaging, they won't usually tell you after the test what the product is which is a shame if you find a real gem. Another down-side of the BB testing is the small size of the test groups; only a handful of people test each product so if one or two testers are swayed by the name, reputation, value of a brand it will dramatically skew the result.

Like other non-entities, and people of 'note', Lulu's photos are airbrushed, but we are still fed all the rubbish about ........ amazing / lovely / how does she do it ? Lulu ! I reckon the nearest to Lulu's 'natural' self is the very fleeting shot of her patting stuff around her eyes in a make believe bathroom, in the promo add for her products. That's where we see blotches and all - and take a look at her hands !!!!!

I love her lilac pyjamas in that shot, I wish I knew where they were from! (Not that I could afford them :thinking:)

Yep I tested for the beautybible too for a reactive skin round of testing rosacea etc and got one espa product and it was a full size retail product which I turned out to be allergic too!

My mum tried the lulu range - she is 60 and has lovely skin - no major issues and it broke her out which is extremely rare - I'd love to try it but looking at the ingredient listings it would be contact dermatitis warfare for me :\

I've tested several times for the Beauty Bible over the years and I've always had the products in their original packaging.

Why would the fact that Lulu invented this product - flying pigs - coerce us into buying from this range? Her appearance has been well assisted by the old botox and, as most of the buyers of her line will not have this luxury, can they expect the same results?

You sign up via their website. When you are invited to join, you pay a £30 "admin" fee, which I think also completely dents their credibility as it's clearly a money making exercise. However, I'd read on here that you do get more than £30 of product to test, and that has been true of the parcel I've received, including items from brands that I use and like. I would sign up again after this round. I'm now just waiting for the instructions on what to do, so haven't started using any if the items yet.
I think that spoils their credibility too especially when you consider that they make a lot of money from book sales when they print their findings. No doubt the companies give their products for free.

Latest posts

Back