Mally Beauty TSV 18/02/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've said it before...watch Mally on QVC US and she's calmer and almost a different person compared with the banshee she becomes on air here. In fact the US presenters I've watched are far more professional than our lot; maybe the UK training involves creating loud pushy market-stall barkers who prefer the sound of their own voice to letting the expert speak?

I've said it before...watch Mally on QVC US and she's calmer and almost a different person compared with the banshee she becomes on air here. In fact the US presenters I've watched are far more professional than our lot; maybe the UK training involves creating loud pushy market-stall barkers who prefer the sound of their own voice to letting the expert speak?

Yes, I totally agree with you, Akimbo. For whatever reason, presenters and guests on QVC UK seem to have been encouraged to be as loud and obnoxious as they can muster - like one of those auction houses you used to get on Oxford Street which whipped people up into a frenzy so they bought boxes of overpriced tat.

Back in the 70s/80s when I lived in Blackpool there were one day sales - a pop up shop in empty premises that sold sealed boxes of "quality" items. The first buyer (one of the selling team) would buy a box and open it there and then to find a Sony Walkman, full sized CD player, breville toastie maker, weighty 9ct gold curb chain and other recognised brands. This was followed by a bidding frenzy for more sealed boxes...this time full of tat. Even in my naive teens-20s I could see this was a scam but pissed grockles spent £hundreds! They'd even offer a MBG - come back tomorrow for a full refund if you weren't happy with your purchase! But within hours they'd shut down and moved elsewhere. They're probably part of shopping telly's presenter training team!

Back in the 70s/80s when I lived in Blackpool there were one day sales - a pop up shop in empty premises that sold sealed boxes of "quality" items. The first buyer (one of the selling team) would buy a box and open it there and then to find a Sony Walkman, full sized CD player, breville toastie maker, weighty 9ct gold curb chain and other recognised brands. This was followed by a bidding frenzy for more sealed boxes...this time full of tat. Even in my naive teens-20s I could see this was a scam but pissed grockles spent £hundreds! They'd even offer a MBG - come back tomorrow for a full refund if you weren't happy with your purchase! But within hours they'd shut down and moved elsewhere. They're probably part of shopping telly's presenter training team!

That's the one!!!! They used to have those in disused shops on Oxford Street back in the 80s and 90s and people were forever getting scammed but they kept coming back for more every time one popped up!

That's the one!!!! They used to have those in disused shops on Oxford Street back in the 80s and 90s and people were forever getting scammed but they kept coming back for more every time one popped up!

The oft-repeated advice of trading standards spring to mind "If it sounds too good to be true, it is too good to be true".

The oft-repeated advice of trading standards spring to mind "If it sounds too good to be true, it is too good to be true".

That's a T shirt quote we're unlikely to see for sale on QVC, even with a shark-bitten hem, glitter and rhinestones!

I've got a few of those liquid lipsticks & even though it isn't all that long since I got them they're already beginning to smell funny & taste a bit off. Not impressed at all, I've got high street ones that are older but still fine.

Just phoned Q, as in spite of asking for an exchange on a Mally set, (the medium colour was way too dark) and being assured they would put a note on my account, they have refunded me instead, and had neglected to refund the p+p, very crafty! Anyway all sorted now, and he told me the Mally TSV will be on Easy pay.

Just phoned Qcut, the TSV price is £42.96 + 4.95 pnp and can be ordered now but no EP just yet.

Lol Akimbo, I walked past one of these stalls just yesterday in East London, and there was a gaggle of people around them, no doubt a couple of plants but a good few looking for a bargain. My first thought was where were the authorities to move this lot along.

I can see some similarities with QVC selling techniques, creating a stir and making you believe that this purchase will be amaaazing!

Mally 7 Piece Beauty Perfected Make-up Collection
Item Number: 230401
QVC Price £57.00
Todays Special Value Price £42.96
P&P £4.95

This Beauty Perfected seven-piece make-up collection from Mally features the brand new worldwide launch of the Perfect Prep Hydrating Primer and Complexion Perfection Soft Focus Foundation, as well as a gorgeous new shade of Bounce Back Blush. Created to let your inner beauty shine through, this must-have collection has everything you need to create a completely flawless make-up look.

Shine bright like the stars – having worked for many years as a top celebrity make-up artist, creating gorgeous looks for many famous women, Mally brings her undeniable expertise to her own line of beauty products to transform you into a star in your own right.

New for you – now's your chance to try exciting products that will elevate your beauty game! Get your skin ready for make-up application with the Perfect Prep Hydrating Primer that fills in the appearance of fine lines and keeps your skin looking fresh. Then apply your Complexion Perfection Soft Focus Foundation that creates a seriously smooth, natural-looking finish. Finally, give your cheeks a gorgeous flush of colour with the Bounce Back Blush in new shade, Peony Peach.

Contains:

1 x Perfect Prep Hydrating Primer (30ml) – NEW; this hydrating formula locks in moisture, fills in the appearance of fine lines and gives skin a smooth, fresh appearance that lasts all day; enriched with fruit extracts and skin conditioners
1 x Complexion Perfection Soft Focus Foundation (30ml) – NEW; in a choice of Fair, Light, Medium, Rich and Tan. A lightweight, oil-free, liquid foundation that delivers medium to full coverage for a seriously smooth, natural-looking complexion
1 x Evercolor Shadow Stick Extra (1.6g) – in Precious Gold. The queen of multi-tasking products! You have 45 seconds of play time and then after that, your eyeshadow is going to be smudge-proof, transfer-proof and crease-proof
1 x Evercolor Gel Waterproof Liner (0.3g) – in Graphite. This creamy gel liner glides on effortlessly for a vivid, waterproof line, setting in 30 seconds so it won't smudge, run, or fade through the day; infused with conditioning ingredients that make it gentle enough to use on your inner eye
1 x More is More Mascara (9g) – in Black. A creamy formula that coats lashes with jet black colour to give the look of false lashes; the specially designed brush grips lashes and smooths the mascara out to the very tips for the look of exceptional length and definition
1 x Bounce Back Blush (4.9g) – in Peony Peach. A cream to powder blush which gives a translucent effect, leaving a sheer pop of colour on your cheeks; the wearable peach shade has a lightly iridescent, multi-dimensional shimmer that gives skin a gorgeous glow
1 x Blush Brush – for perfect application of your Bounce Back Blush every time

How to apply:
Perfect Prep Hydrating Primer:

Apply all over the face and down the neck

Complexion Perfection Soft Focus Foundation:

Apply to the face, blending with fingers

Evercolor Shadow Stick Extra:

Apply all over the lid from lash line to crease
Blend
Also apply on lower lash line

Evercolor Gel Waterproof Liner:

Trace along upper and lower lash line
Blend gently for a softer, smoky look

More is More Mascara:

Apply and gently wiggle the brush while extending to the lash tips to create instant volume
Next, turn the brush vertically to use the ingenious little bristles at the tip
Wiggle the brush from roots to tips to lift, lengthen and separate lashes

Bounce Back Blush:

Gently stipple the brush into the blush pot, then stipple onto the apples of cheeks for a beautifully natural-looking flush

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.230401

Has anyone gone for this yet? I am dithering - I love her primer and shadow sticks, plus that mascara in the black tube is excellent BUT I have foundation coming out of my ears and I just can't get on with that blush.

It is soooooo expensive. I don't mind Mally products but when I used to buy, it was £30 ish for a full set. Just not worth it. Plus how can she say "she made the products" now she's just the face of it??

Has anyone gone for this yet? I am dithering - I love her primer and shadow sticks, plus that mascara in the black tube is excellent BUT I have foundation coming out of my ears and I just can't get on with that blush.

I can't decide on the foundation shade, it looked too yellow Deborah-Anne and I cannot judge well without seeing the swatches on the hand and the lighter shades look yellow too. The eye shadow stick is definitely not my colour.

It is soooooo expensive. I don't mind Mally products but when I used to buy, it was £30 ish for a full set. Just not worth it. Plus how can she say "she made the products" now she's just the face of it??
I thought they could do the TSV without the brush especially there were two brushes in the last tsv.

I can't decide on the foundation shade, it looked too yellow Deborah-Anne and I cannot judge well without seeing the swatches on the hand and the lighter shaded look yellow too. The eye shadow stick is definitely not my colour.

I'm just watching the rerun in the vain hope that they will show the foundation swatches on skin, alongside each other but no such luck

I agree re the brush as well, unnecessary padding to get it over the £40 mark - I'm going to pass I think, plenty of stuff for me to get through and I'm waiting on the next Tarte TSV in April

Latest posts

Back