Marie-Francoise Wolff scam?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Most of the presenters and guests on Q are models or actors, so inevitably we will see them doing other sales jobs.
I do think that a bit of research to make sure the gig isn't shady would be nice, if the models/actors know in advance who the client is. That may not have been the case.

Ooh I love a good Ponzi scheme..every generation a new one launches and people fall for it...the first few in get huge returns, but it's just the next layer of new inverstors' money that guarantees they'll spread the word and convince others they'll take it in too!
People ignore the "if it's too good to be true..." Voice in their head because greed takes over.
Oh F-M, you're going to need that £29m if Kipling drops you! 🤔
Mind you shoppingtelly and pyramid selling may not be that far apart!

Well she read the script for this advert , will have been fully aware money isn’t made that easily and that these pyramid schemes cause harm to people. it is a poor show and a disappointment as the OP suggest to agree to do this sort of advert, I doubt her cupboard was bare and she was desperate.

Well she read the script for this advert , will have been fully aware money isn’t made that easily and that these pyramid schemes cause harm to people. it is a poor show and a disappointment as the OP suggest to agree to do this sort of advert, I doubt her cupboard was bare and she was desperate.
I would assume/hope that she can’t have read the script or known what the job was before accepting it?!

But knowing that there is no Harold or Julia, or beginning to read the script out, surely you’d refuse to carry on with the job when it’s so clearly a scam?
Unless she had signed a contract she couldn’t get out of?

Surely you wouldn’t want your face or name associated with it and no amount of money would be worth it?
(Mind you a couple of ads she’s done have been very tacky/tasteless and don’t seem to have done her any harm - though this is something else!)

Maybe there is more to the whole thing?!

Not seen that advert and I guess if you’re working as presenter/acting type freelance then you just take all sorts of jobs, but I’d be so embarrassed - plus I’m a dreadful liar so I’d probably just laugh!
The ad is on the first page of this thread.

I would assume/hope that she can’t have read the script or known what the job was before accepting it?!

But knowing that there is no Harold or Julia, or beginning to read the script out, surely you’d refuse to carry on with the job when it’s so clearly a scam?
Unless she had signed a contract she couldn’t get out of?

Surely you wouldn’t want your face or name associated with it and no amount of money would be worth it?
(Mind you a couple of ads she’s done have been very tacky/tasteless and don’t seem to have done her any harm - though this is something else!)

Maybe there is more to the whole thing?!
Actors and actresses do not just take a job without knowing what they are advertising or the part first. They will get the script beforehand to know their lines before arriving on set.

I guess it's no worse than being one of those presenters who used to work on one of those bogus channels like Quiz Call. People were fleeced into being charged for premium rate phone calls paying 75p per minute even if they didn't get through, and if they did get through they had no chance of winning anyway. These presenters have managed to get work on tv, and they must have been fully aware that the channel wasn't legit. Having said that, the presenters weren't pretending they were someone they're not - ie Julia, the co-founder of a get rich quick scheme - which is really not good. Surely Kipling must be aware of this!

I guess it's no worse than being one of those presenters who used to work on one of those bogus channels like Quiz Call. People were fleeced into being charged for premium rate phone calls paying 75p per minute even if they didn't get through, and if they did get through they had no chance of winning anyway. These presenters have managed to get work on tv, and they must have been fully aware that the channel wasn't legit. Having said that, the presenters weren't pretending they were someone they're not - ie Julia, the co-founder of a get rich quick scheme - which is really not good. Surely Kipling must be aware of this!
Marie F probably hates Kipling bags in reality. She`s paid to play a part so as far as Kipling are concerned as long as she still brings in the sales and as long as she manages to convince people the wholesome looking Kipling bag loving MF is real, then they won`t give a jot which other jobs she`s done.
She probably wouldn`t be seen dead toting a cheap looking garish coloured ugly canvas bag with a monkey hanging off it and her real taste would lie elsewhere. All a facade by her and many others I suspect.
Presenters who wouldn`t be seen wearing the clothes they sell or the jewellery they supposedly help design or the skincare they say is the only brand for them, the household items they say they can`t live without etc etc. She`s just one of many.

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, used to be 50p a call to try and get on the show, I suspect even more now. The more you phoned, the more you had a chance of getting on.

She can't really do the Oh, I did not realize to Kipling when the crap hits the fan which no doubt it will.

If she has made $29,000,000 why is she still working for Kipling?
Exactly.

And if it is MFW she should be ashamed of herself, fronting something like this. A Ponzi scheme at best, except even they did pay out some odd scraps to a few people. How they can claim to pay such returns is beyond me. Saying you personally have made £29million…. Didn’t the alarm bells start ringing then? Shocking.

Ooh I love a good Ponzi scheme..every generation a new one launches and people fall for it...the first few in get huge returns, but it's just the next layer of new inverstors' money that guarantees they'll spread the word and convince others they'll take it in too!
People ignore the "if it's too good to be true..." Voice in their head because greed takes over.
Oh F-M, you're going to need that £29m if Kipling drops you! 🤔
Mind you shoppingtelly and pyramid selling may not be that far apart!
It's Multi level Marketing, aaaactually, lol....

Doesn’t she have a sister who flogs something daft. Could it be her?

Judging by MF “acting” in the bingo and the copper pans adverts I’m not sure she is a good enough actress for this.

Exactly.

And if it is MFW she should be ashamed of herself, fronting something like this. A Ponzi scheme at best, except even they did pay out some odd scraps to a few people. How they can claim to pay such returns is beyond me. Saying you personally have made £29million…. Didn’t the alarm bells start ringing then? Shocking.
But she isn't personally saying she has made $29m, she is playing character called Julia.

We have no idea how this part was "sold" to her.

Judging by MF “acting” in the bingo and the copper pans adverts I’m not sure she is a good enough actress for this.
Yeah I’m not sure 🤔.. 29 millions dollars 😂 money talks

But she isn't personally saying she has made $29m, she is playing character called Julia.

We have no idea how this part was "sold" to her.
I would see a reg flag personally .. if somebody said … “ tell them they can make 29 million do

Yes, her sister was on QVC at one point with a diet book she wrote. She is not twin to MFW so does look different. That is MFW!

I think MFW does have a sister who looks quite like her. Wasn't she (the sister) going to launch a health and fitness regime on QVC? I seem to remember there was a video or something and exercise/health recipes. I don't think it ever did launch though.

CC

Latest posts

Back