Maybe for different reasons…..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dream Girl

Registered Shopper
What about some of the Q guests you miss???

1. Moira C, with her different scarflaces looks performed as per the usual, under the pressure of the QVCUK ticking down clock.
Just how many looks could she actually manage to chitter chatter her way through.
Oh how she loved and laughed but proudly demonstrated her way through, the soft top down, headscarf and large sunglasses Audrey Hepburn look.

1. Moira C, with her different scarflaces looks performed as per the usual, under the pressure of the QVCUK ticking down clock.
Just how many looks could she actually manage to chitter chatter her way through.
Oh how she loved and laughed but proudly demonstrated her way through, the soft top down, headscarf and large sunglasses Audrey Hepburn look.
I was astonished and exhausted by her energy.
I never bought from Q, but her scarf things were in Fenwicks for a while and I bought some. They were useful to liven up some of my plainer outfits, but eventually went on the charity donation bag.
I miss some of the American guests for brands Q still sells, and ones that seem to have disappeared.
Michelle D'Ercole who guested for Carole Hochman. Ouida Oliver who guested for Ronni Nicole.
Other non-American guests I liked: Mehmet who guested for Ottoman Silver. Ginetta for Veronese Silver. Jilly Jones who guested for Easi-Yo and Ninja.

I remember just before Xmas one year, she was doing the scarflaces and folding wallet in my Debenhams. People standing watching going "That's the woman from QVC!" No idea how many people bought, as I had no interest in them. She moved to Ideal World for a while.

Rosie Quan I think that was her surname? With the gems of the orient. I still have a lavender jade stretch bracelet with an elephant charm and a pair of 9ct gold drops again with lavender jade simple drop. I get people asking about the earrings a lot. It must be over 12 years I have had them?

Then the man who brought bathing products looked a bit like Molton Brown. Alison Young was always pushing, he worked for Estee Lauder before starting his own rang. I never actually bought, but was tempted so many times. I think he was the same man who also sold massive bags of Dead Sea salts, I mean, like the postie getting a hernia delivering it.

Michael Maron, again, I think that was his surname? He came over with his makeup and I bought a lovely palette with eyeshadow, blush and a lip gloss, in a lovely soft peach shade. Now I read the QVC US forum, so I know he died quite a long time again.

The man who came over with Gems of NYC, gorgeous pieces. I always wanted to buy the London Blue stud earrings he did named for his daughter. Of course, I never did and then 9/11, and he never came again. The Las Vegas man came replaced him, but though lovely, I preferred the NYC man's jewellery.

Then the man who brought bathing products looked a bit like Molton Brown. Alison Young was always pushing, he worked for Estee Lauder before starting his own rang. I never actually bought, but was tempted so many times. I think he was the same man who also sold massive bags of Dead Sea salts, I mean, like the postie getting a hernia delivering it.
The dead sea salt guy was called Joseph...his surname will come to me at 3am some time in the next fortnight. :giggle:

I didn’t realise that Moria C had been on QVC. 😳 I thought she was on Ideal World, but thereagain I only have QVC on in the background so I wouldn’t notice which guests were on unless it was a product that I was interested in.

(I did a quick flick to IW yesterday, and there was one of the regular male presenters wearing a distinctly woman's wig ! Um................... )

As I mentioned in another thread, I became hooked. At first I used to laugh at them 'cause in the early days there were really frumpy, but I used to love the demos. I got my first from a charity shop for about £3 and it set me back about £3, it was a leopard print one, and I've still got it. I ended up buying tons because there was quite a saving to be had if you bought a set of three. It was always the case that there was only one I really wanted in each set, so really I should've just bought the single one I wanted despite them being expensive for what they were. The ones I didn't like were rarely worn and ended up in the charity donation bag. Of the ones bought I have kept a black one with a Paris street cafe print on it, (Tres chic!) a cream one with a quirky green pepper print, and the other one's burgundy with cream polka dots. I had a plain one in shocking pink which I would've kept if I hadn't have lost it! Never did any of her weird and wonderful ideas, literally just doubled up and wrapped around neck, or just wore it lose like a regular scarf - No Audrey Hepburn for me!!!!
There was another guest who used to sell these fashion figurines, small headless mannequins with iconic styles, I bought a couple, but got carried away and ended up with a huge collection. To be fair the collection looked quite good when it was small, eventually I got shot of some of the ugly ones, keeping just a few, they are on a shelf in the spare room and look quite nice. I can't remember the name of the guest or the range, but they also did a range of model shoes, called just the right shoe...I didn't get into those though!

Lennie from Nina Leonard sadly he died used to love watching him

I liked the man that used to do the Cloisonne jewellery - that must have been some time ago. I also liked Cydney Mar and I seem to remember Marie Osmond being on with dolls, or maybe I dreamt that.

CC

The dead sea salt guy was called Joseph...his surname will come to me at 3am some time in the next fortnight. :giggle:
California style costume jewellery the lady had long blonde hair I bought a couple of bracelets and a lovely multi gem cross on a long chain.

Joan Rivers of course, total legend! I've got an absolutely gorgeous 100cm string of brown pearls from her collection. California style was Suzanne Bjontegard. I bought one of her "Victorian style" charm bracelets but a couple of the charms fell off quite quickly so I didn't buy any more of her stuff. I've also got a gorgeous square shaped mirrored cameo brooch with fancy metal work on one of my jacket lapels. I always get complimented on it, it was from one the regular Q collections, but I can't remember for the life of me which one!

Surati with her silver jewellery, tales of the workshops in Bali and her traditional dance at the end of each show.
Also Carolyn Pollack with her Southwestern Silver jewellery always seemed to do hours with Dale, who seemed rather friendly with Carolyn.

Latest posts

Back