Michele Hope!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
What a strange lady! She's a strange fusion of Barbie and Claire Sutton. I quite like her voice though, it's very relaxing.

Julius that really made me laugh out loud - thanks! Actually i quite like her but NOT her creations. I doubt she would be seen dead in them herself. She clearly looks after herself - have no idea what age she is though so perhaps I'm wrong and she is a terrible looking 50 rather than a good 60 if you know what i mean!

She comes across as quite bossy, I bet if she said "right! knives and forks down! it's the lunchtime special!" People actually would. :mysmilie_17:

Julius that really made me laugh out loud - thanks! Actually i quite like her but NOT her creations. I doubt she would be seen dead in them herself. She clearly looks after herself - have no idea what age she is though so perhaps I'm wrong and she is a terrible looking 50 rather than a good 60 if you know what i mean!

I'm sure she's had work done. She looks a little trout-pouty to me!

I do wonder who buys her naff old clothes?! They all look like something you'd see advertised in "My Weekly" magazine, who never paid me the £280 for an article I wrote for them. That's one for the Small Claims Court.... I noticed they had Marverine desperately trying to feign some interest in some cheap old slacks, and that model, Tiffany, she was sporting some of Barbie's latest little nylon numbers. There she was, gurning away with her fixed leer akin to a Galapagos tortoise on the brink of death!

Michelle always reminds me of one of those Country & Western singers from the 1960's, all talon nails and dated long curly bouffant hair. Even her lacy stuff never looks modern, and I do wonder what age group now buys that stuff.

Get orf ! I buy that to avoid seeing Peter Andre in the other magazines, and I wouldn't wear her stuff - simply wouldn't go with my bed jacket !!!:giggle:

Ha ha! You have all made me laugh with your comments about Michelle Hope. She looks stuck in the 80's to me, from something like 'Dynasty' without the shoulder pads. Her clothing looks awful, especially the nasty lace stuff which looks like it would set my hair on end with static electricity. Not for me I am afraid.

She is so lady like I have always wondered if it's s wig she wears hair so thick and glam

I must admit That show was on as I was getting ready for bed last night and it was a but like watching a horror movie. I avoided looking at the faces of Michellle and all the models if I could. They all looked kess than human, not naturally human anyway. They all have lovely figures though. What was that 70"s song 'Nice legs, shame about the face'.

I do wonder who buys her naff old clothes?! They all look like something you'd see advertised in "My Weekly" magazine, who never paid me the £280 for an article I wrote for them. That's one for the Small Claims Court.... I noticed they had Marverine desperately trying to feign some interest in some cheap old slacks, and that model, Tiffany, she was sporting some of Barbie's latest little nylon numbers. There she was, gurning away with her fixed leer akin to a Galapagos tortoise on the brink of death!

Galapagos tortoise may be her mating costume. Do you remember a thread a few months ago about Tiff's 'boyfriend'? She is modelling My Weekly type flammable nylon granny wear (I could see the black lace blouse being worn by all the old ladies at a Mafia funeral). He, on the other hand, is still squatting in the Galapagos sands, looking at wildlife, in the Saga brochure, wearing a very fetching cotton sunhat. Perhaps she hopes he will come and rescue her.

These ladies of a certain age hanging on to their 30's by their talon like finger nails , isn't there a saying something like 30 from the back but 60 from the front? Michelle of Bibbi jewellery is another I would put into this category.All the dyed bouffant hair, tans, eyelashes, trout pout lips in the world do not defy age why not embrace it and adapt-- you'll look far younger.

These ladies of a certain age hanging on to their 30's by their talon like finger nails , isn't there a saying something like 30 from the back but 60 from the front? Michelle of Bibbi jewellery is another I would put into this category.All the dyed bouffant hair, tans, eyelashes, trout pout lips in the world do not defy age why not embrace it and adapt-- you'll look far younger.

If they want to see a class act ageing gracefully - June, the Frank Usher guest would get my vote.

Michele and Maxine ironically look older because of the deep tans they sport. I do believe that Michele's hair is now lighter than her skin...

Nothing wrong with sporting a tan, but maybe go for the healthy, sunkissed glow rather than the deep bake?

Alison Keenan often sports what I call the tandoori tan. Her skin has all the elasticity and consistency of a tired old leather satchel. How she has the cheek to stand there flogging Gatineau neck gel I really don't know! I do think Michele Hope should record some relaxation CDs along with Jan Springer. If they brought out a doll of Barbie's granny, it would look like Michele Hope. Still I don't think Michele or her "fashions" are the worst. I remember that woman with the hideous jumpers when telephone callers would ring up and say: "Quack quack!" like they were part of a special club. To me they just seemed like candidates for sectioning under the Mental Health Act.

Last edited:

Yep, couldn't agree more. All the slap is ok for the 20 somethings, but less is definitely more when we get older - even old Joanie should take heed of that - her style of full slap 'glamour' is dated and of its time. Thick foundation, powder and tans only enhance the wrinkles not hide them, the false eyelashes and thick eyeliner should be ditched, but a light eyeshadow and mascara at least does not highlight the rheumy eyes which happen as we age. Fuschia and deep red lipstick on thinning lipsticks looks awful - like a deteriorating clown that's been around the jam jar.

Sadly, a lot of women still stick to the hairstyle and make-up from their youth, and that's what they see when they look in the mirror. Me ? I see my mother in the mirror looking at me in the morning, and that's a reality check to be sure !!!!

Humans have an inherent fear of death and I think that's what makes people prize "youth." It's a shame really as I think there are different types of beauty. There is as much beauty to be found in a freezing winter morning or a crisp autumn morning as there is on a spring or summer morning. It's just a different type of beauty, an aged beauty, a melancholy, cooler beauty. It would be tragic if life stopped at 22. Fortunately it keeps on and on for longer, in most cases. Whatever I might think of Diane Gilman / Michele Hope, they are catering for a demographic that is cast aside by the rest of the fashion industry. In the case of fashion, it's really quite superficial. What really matters is the frame holding up the clothes, and the personality inside. It's how one wears clothes that matters. It shouldn't matter if it's from Gucci, Prada or Michele Hope.

I was under the impression that you were considering "some work" yourself, or do your posts only apply to ladies past their pension age?

I was under the impression that you were considering "some work" yourself, or do your posts only apply to ladies past their pension age?

I don't rule out the possibility of getting things done. In fact I am going to get things done - my eyes and teeth. My eyes because I am short-sighted and they just need to be zapped with a laser. It will save me the need to wear glasses for driving. My teeth are OK but overcrowded and irregular at the front so I am going to have them evened out. While of course it's a person's right to have whatever they want done, it doesn't always mean it's the right decision. If something maintains / improves / enhances what is already there, then great! If it disrespects the basic architecture it just looks wrong. That's why I'm not going for the Hollywood smile. It's not right for me and I wouldn't do it, just as I wouldn't have grand curtains with elaborate swags if I lived in a tower block flat. It's perfectly acceptable to make tasteful improvements to one's appearance / property or whatever, but it's vulgar to take it too far. It would be silly to furnish a pebbledash council house in the style of a palace and it's silly for people of 60+ to try and recapture their 20's. It just doesn't look right! A strawberry only looks sweet and succulent for a short while after it's picked. You can freeze it / dry it / preserve it in alcohol etc but the results will never equal the freshly-picked fruit!

I like your observations Julius - "tongue in cheek" but sadly true ... I am a person of, shall we say a certain age, and you make me smile ...

Latest posts

Back