Michelle Obama & Glen's Style File

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

thanks Dazzler....and i'm sure the majority of over 50s aren't "frumpish" these days either

No way are they fairynuff - there are plenty of nice stylish over 50 lady's. Age should not mean that you have to be frumpy, I totally agree.

well I'm 60 and think I've got more idea of what's stylish than Glenn Campbell::13:

Ah now, you misunderstand me Fairynuff - I'm not saying all over 50s are frumps! (Gawd, I don't wanna be lynched! Eek!)
There is however a parallel, erm, universe/dimension, of ladies of that age who do dress like that & what's more, they like it & in their world, that stuff probably is 'on trend'!

Have you not heard them as t-callers, joyously 'catching' fairy dust, joining in the quacking, gushing over some indescribable item of hideous clothing? Why do you think they do that? Because they love the bloomin' stuff, they really do! They're not being fooled/hoodwinked or anything else - in their world, that stuff is the dog's b****cks!

well I'm 60 and think I've got more idea of what's stylish than Glenn Campbell:
:13:

My Cousin is 55 and she is well trendy, she does not look her age at all, she only looks 40 and she dresses really nice and stlish too like I would imagine lots of our lovely members on this forum do.

You're right, Kitten, someone must be buying the stuff or they wouldn't waste money flying Kim, Susan & George etc etc over the pond.

Mind you, I bet Glen isn't far off 50 himself, I wonder if he wears polyester in the secrecy of his own home? Or considers himself to be "of an age".

You only have to visit a QVC outlet shop to see the rails up on rails of poor quality clothes that they try to flog. Michelle Obama is stylish but somehow i can't see her in Kim & Co:33:

My son cheerily announced he'd applied for me to go on '10 Years Younger'. I could have killed him.

I was thinking that maybe I should change my name from aragorn0130 to RockTheCardi - A Tribute to Glen Campbell. I still think that's funny, even this morning. What a muppet. :10:

daniel and glen were both presenting a fashion show last week and glen looked a bit put out.
daniel is very eleqant when talking about clothes and glen just is not.
the clothes that qvc sell are difficult at the best of times but glens vocab is a little small whereas daniel can sell ice to eskimos.
cant wait for him to be doing the cooking shows.he is by far for me one of the best presenters on qvc.

"Rock the cardi" just keeps reminding me of "Rock the Kasbah" :D

Glen sure is Mr Cliche, I think he's just bored most of the time and only comes to life when Birkenstocks are on.

Glen sure is Mr Cliche, I think he's just bored most of the time and only comes to life when Birkenstocks are on.

That's it!

Now the 'King' told the viewers,
You have to let that waistband drop,
Susan Graver with a hanger,
Has been shakin skirts and tops!

Now D. Green don't like it,
Rock the Cardi
Rock the Cardi

:31:

I wonder why they think they need him...I`ve always wondered what he does when he isn`t on screen at QVC because he surely can`t be in demand as a stylist ...he trots out the same old same old all the time and i can`t `buy into it` as he is always saying!

I wonder why they think they need him...I`ve always wondered what he does when he isn`t on screen at QVC because he surely can`t be in demand as a stylist ...he trots out the same old same old all the time and i can`t `buy into it` as he is always saying!

I'm with you. Surely it's better just to say "this is a cardigan, it's green, has x amount of buttons, made of such and such, length is whatever, washable/non-washable, and here comes so and so to show you what it looks like on". My annoyance is with the nonsense that accompanies all that. I have eyes :22:, I can see if it's my kind of cardi or not (nearly always not!) - I don't need all that c**p with the "oooh look, gather it in, wear it with this/that/the next thing, dress it up/down/sideways, team it with whatever or wear it with your pyjamas when you go to Safeways", trying to turn it into something it isn't. It's a cardi, not rocket science. Although being fair, some of the best entertainment is watching the levels he will go to just to flog said cardi! :45: And I know, I could just turn over but then I'd have nothing to moan about......

You're right, Kitten, someone must be buying the stuff or they wouldn't waste money flying Kim, Susan & George etc etc over the pond.

Mind you, I bet Glen isn't far off 50 himself, I wonder if he wears polyester in the secrecy of his own home? Or considers himself to be "of an age".
Maybe he's Glenda at home and he wears Kim and Co!

Glen took his time jumping on the Michelle Obama bandwagon.:24::confused: All the fashion stylist in the know, were raving about Michelle Obama, months ago.:10:

I find he talks out of his Ar**!
Was he not on the Clothes show or something in the 80s and don't QVC say he had his own shops?
Obviously they have gone to the wall - possibly due to his lack of style sense?
I guess QVC use him because he is cheap and available.
Stella Mcartney and the like would never work for such a company!
Clothes Show he wish!:30: It was This Morning. Although he did well to get that gig.
Too right about the likes of Stella McCartney, they have a little something called a credible reputation. They wouldn't be seen dead anywhere near QVC, and rightly so.:23:

daniel and glen were both presenting a fashion show last week and glen looked a bit put out.
daniel is very eleqant when talking about clothes and glen just is not.
the clothes that qvc sell are difficult at the best of times but glens vocab is a little small whereas daniel can sell ice to eskimos.
cant wait for him to be doing the cooking shows.he is by far for me one of the best presenters on qvc.
I saw that too, you could see the venom building up in Glen.:56: Thought it might be a touch of jealousy.Shocking!
With regards to Glen's limited vocab, I noticed that too. Maybe that's why he flogs the life out of his phrases. Dress it up dress it down, team it up with a little white T etc.

LOL, I bet the shareef dont like it.:32:

That's it!

Now the 'King' told the viewers,
You have to let that waistband drop,
Susan Graver with a hanger,
Has been shakin skirts and tops!

Now D. Green don't like it,
Rock the Cardi
Rock the Cardi

:31:
LMAO! I love you wit aragorn0130!:32::32::32:

Last edited:
I'm with you. Surely it's better just to say "this is a cardigan, it's green, has x amount of buttons, made of such and such, length is whatever, washable/non-washable, and here comes so and so to show you what it looks like on". My annoyance is with the nonsense that accompanies all that. I have eyes :22:, I can see if it's my kind of cardi or not (nearly always not!) - I don't need all that c**p with the "oooh look, gather it in, wear it with this/that/the next thing, dress it up/down/sideways, team it with whatever or wear it with your pyjamas when you go to Safeways", trying to turn it into something it isn't. It's a cardi, not rocket science. Although being fair, some of the best entertainment is watching the levels he will go to just to flog said cardi! :45: And I know, I could just turn over but then I'd have nothing to moan about......

Aragorn, years ago, I worked in sales for a car finance company, back then it was called "creating the need". Look into my eyes, you need this cardi, you can't live without this cardi, it will improve your life etc etc. Trouble is, we know Glen's trying to be a salesman, he's just a boring one. :24:

i have watched Glen 'live' in action and i have not been impressed. but then again, i am one of the least fashion conscious people on the planet, so what do i know?!
from the postings and generally from the point of media exposure, he does not seem to be a fashion 'guru'; he may have considerable enough experience to be employed by QVC to flog the horrible acrylic attire available :34:
and selling this stuff requires a lot of 'hard-sell' effort. in a nutshell, he is just a guy who tries to make a living out of selling arguably (for all the lawyers watching out there) low quality clothing and it is obvious that he knows that...lack of enthusiasm in his pitch, etc.
so, it is not the poor, in my opinion, advice he provides but his poor judgement ...he must be well aware (if he is an expert) of the type of clothing he is trying to sell...therefore, he should not have jumped on the Michelle Obama bandwagon.